Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My wife's cousin called her kids Clayton and Jovi.

Cabra born and bred.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Gobnait.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Pilot Inspektor Lee

Akrasia wrote: »
    When they try to apply for a job as adults, their CV will go straight on the ‘Not worth the effort’ stack

You think a child of Elon Musk has to submit a CV at some point in life?

The name is actually X Æ A-Xii, as X Æ A-X12 is not allowed as per Californian law, can't have numbers in there now... other than that its fine........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Brid, or Breege, has to be the worst name going.

I've also never met a Brid, Breege, Bronagh, from Dublin. Rural folk seem to have a monopoly on crap Irish names.

Funnily enough there are plenty of first names in Dublin that are quite popular (George, Freddie, Audrey, Derek, Wes) that down the country would almost exclusively be used only by Protestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Brid, or Breege, has to be the worst name going.

I've also never met a Brid, Breege, Bronagh, from Dublin. Rural folk seem to have a monopoly on crap Irish names.

Funnily enough there are plenty of first names in Dublin that are quite popular (George, Freddie, Audrey, Derek, Wes) that down the country would almost exclusively be used only by Protestants.

I would've thought Derek was used quite a lot by Irish people and I would've considered Wes a neutral name.

Also, Dublin must have a large enough, and well assimilated, Protestant community. Could be a possibility that if you know a George, Freddie or Audrey, they are indeed Protestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Pherekydes wrote: »
    My wife's cousin called her kids Clayton and Jovi.

Cabra born and bred.

Whatever chance in life Clayton has , the other poor fcuker has none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭cms88

Names like Jackson, Jaydon etc always annoy me. But then again usually the parents aren;t the sharpest tools in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Wynterblu and Zion , brother and sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Whatever chance in life Clayton has , the other poor fcuker has none.

True, he’ll be livin’ on a prayer.

I’ll get my coat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Tanya is a pretty awful name

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Watched an Irish film the other day and the name 'dymphna' stands out for me here..
    Its almost defo spelt wrong top

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I would've thought Derek was used quite a lot by Irish people and I would've considered Wes a neutral name.
    I have worked with 5 different Dereks, all outside of Dublin. The funny thing about them is that all, except one, are very small, height-wise. Probably just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Jimmy Joe Johnson, his friends call him 3Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Watched an Irish film the other day and the name 'dymphna' stands out for me here..
    Its almost defo spelt wrong top

There's a lot of Dympna's in Ulster. Mervyn is another name popular with the Protestant community there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

poisonated wrote: »
    Tanya is a pretty awful name

I think it comes from the shortented russian name Tatiana, which originally came from Roman times. Its not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Janborb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just got sent a screenshot of a child who has been christened, no joke, "Banks".

Brother of Post Office, cousin to Library no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

Six from the same woman - Molly Rose, Daisy Mae, Lilly Belle, Poppy Grace, Rosey and Posey.

Not making this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Xander is short for Alexander usually. I know its popular in Holland. Not so much in English speaking countries, but there was a Xander in Buffy which is where I heard it first.

I've always liked Bridget as a name. Just goes to show you can't please everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I really hate "Alfie".

You are basically advertising your working class/chav background. The amount of times I hear young boys having "Alfie" shouted at them is unreal- usually fat smoking skanks with badly dyed hair with an abundance of tattoos.

Jeremy Kyle will be full of Alfies in about 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There's a lot of Dympna's in Ulster. Mervyn is another name popular with the Protestant community there.
    Seems you can spell it with or without the 'h'. She was a saint, killed by her father - patron saint of mental illness and anxiety. It's Damhnait in Irish which means "poetess".

, Rosey and Posey.

Not making this up.

"Rosey and Posey"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Mongus Anusian

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭heretothere

In all honesty what do ye think of the name Fionnuala? I'm not preg and don't have a daughter called that but I really like the name, is it too old sounding for 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭heretothere

I really hate "Alfie".

I had a dog called Alfie/ Alfred/ Alfredo/ come here now/ FFS!! Depending on what he was up to.

But I do like the name, I wouldn't have though of it as a chav name. I don't think I know anyone around here called Alfie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I had a dog called Alfie/ Alfred/ Alfredo/ come here now/ FFS!! Depending on what he was up to.

But I do like the name, I wouldn't have though of it as a chav name. I don't think I know anyone around here called Alfie

I know a couple of Alfies and they are from very middle class families.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

In all honesty what do ye think of the name Fionnuala? I'm not preg and don't have a daughter called that but I really like the name, is it too old sounding for 2021?

I hear the name and immediately imagine a gin addict from Foxrock.

• Advertisement

I know a couple of Alfies and they are from very middle class families.

I am in England and it has definitely been taken over by the less desirables.

Advertisement