Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey guys . Any feedback on the Triumph Tiger 800

Options
  • 01-02-2021 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

.Thinking of changing from the Deauville. Would value any opinions . Would be looking at 2014 ish models
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

SteveAdti wrote: »
    .Thinking of changing from the Deauville. Would value any opinions . Would be looking at 2014 ish models
    Thanks

GBX is your man. I test ride one in 2018 but it was on dirt so probably useless feedback for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

friend of mine has a 2013 800..and complains a lot about heat build up between the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I dont have too much to offer as I've only had it since October. I've a 2019 one. AFAIK the heat issue has been addressed. I don't find it an issue on the XRT model. They are a great bike, comfy, fuelling is spot on, nothing to complain about so far. Other than not being able to get out on the thing for a proper spin. Just commuting for now. Theres a ton of info on www.tiger800.co.uk as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Had one for a year, 2015 XRT, loved it. Very much a 'goldilocks' bike, great mix of power, comfort and handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Good all rounder, does everything well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Had a 2014 Xc for over a year. XC version is taller with spoked wheels and IMHO looks better that the road biased version. Might be too tall for some though. Great all round bike with nice blend of power and comfort. Gear selector was weak point on mine and not a cheap fix. Engine generally bullet proof. Mine had a factory fitted Arrow exhaust which I found was too loud and would have swapped for a standard one if I was to keep it any longer. Engine heat is an issue but not a major one most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Nabidana

SteveAdti wrote: »
    Thanks

Lucky for you I know a guy selling a lovely 2012...

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/triumph-tiger-800/26954263

It's me, by the way.

(Mods if this is forbidden feel free to delete)

Advertisement