Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chinese Mopeds

Options
  • 01-02-2021 12:35am

Hi Guys

I want to know your thoughts on Chinese mopeds. Im working in delivery and I looking for a moped. I see lexmotos are the cheapest new but Im not sure how they would hold up doing thirty miles a day.
    Ive researched this and people recommend japanese bikes instead.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Hi Guys

I want to know your thoughts on Chinese mopeds. Im working in delivery and I looking for a moped. I see lexmotos are the cheapest new but Im not sure how they would hold up doing thirty miles a day.
    Ive researched this and people recommend japanese bikes instead.

What do you think?

The way its generally accepted with bikes (we'll include scooters in this) is you want reliable and dependable buy something Japanese.
    Want something cheap and a ball ache buy Chinese.

There's nothing inherently wrong with Chinese brands except for the general use of cheaper parts which usually wear or fail quicker.

Example Hysoung a Korean brand has bikes like the suzuki sv650 but are known for electrical issues, engine failures and are generally considered scrap amongst irish riders.
    Not sure about leximoto but if you want something cheap and reliable buy an older jap one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why buy new?

Buy a Honda, abuse it and it will still keep going.....

Don't let the number on the plate fool you.
    You want something like a 125 which would be ideal for city runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Why buy new?

Buy a Honda, abuse it and it will still keep going.....

Don't let the number on the plate fool you.
    You want something like a 125 which would be ideal for city runs.

Agree can you even kill the old ybr125 yamahas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Don’t be knocking them Chinese mopeds at all. They can produce very reliable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I could prob give you one for free. I bought a 2016 Chinese moped about 2 years and it broke down every 2 months. Avoid avoid avoid.

• Advertisement

Gift of gab I’ll take that moped off you.

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Agree can you even kill the old ybr125 yamahas?

Exactly, some of these bikes are near indestructible.

Can always remember the cub 50/90 used by Domino's, now most are in a Yaris or corolla.....

If you want reliable then I wouldn't be going new Chinese anyway.

They have produced a reliable virus. Producing a reliable moped if one funds it is also achievable.

Look at the ldv vans, pure dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have been on a Chinese 125cc motorbike for the past while and have had no issues with it. It just keeps on going. It was my daily rider up to the latest lockdown. Its not the best in terms of build quality - but it does the job. You need to stay on top of the maintenance and give it a good checkover weekly.

The Lexomoto echo moped is the top selling bike in the UK in 2019 and the Lexomoto LXR125 motorcycle was the best selling in 2020 so they must be doing something right.

As with anything - do your research first. There are plenty of really poor quality manufacturers out there.

• Advertisement

Do the pizza joints not even provide mopeds to their dispatch staff now?
    If so these riders providing their own moped must not be properly insured because insurance for a business activity isn't cheap.

Don't know anything about warranty so can't help the OP. Here you'd buy them in a supermarket chain and have a 2 year warranty.

Do the pizza joints not even provide mopeds to their dispatch staff now?
    If so these riders providing their own moped must not be properly insured because insurance for a business activity isn't cheap.

Don't know anything about warranty so can't help the OP. Here you'd buy them in a supermarket chain and have a 2 year warranty.

They do. Pizza Hut give their riders Peugeot tweets but I haven't seen many Peugeot dealers around.

Advertisement