Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to water heatpump. Thinking of solar as well.

Options
  • 23-01-2021 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,
    House built 2011. Size of house 3150sm. Front of house is south facing. We have an air to water system doing great. Only had to replace the fan last year. Other than that on issues. While our fav was out of action for around a week. We’d no heat or hot water. I can live with no heat for a while because I can lit the stoves but no hot water is a killer. I’m considering putting an electric shower in the attic. Which power and pluming would have to be run to it. Our water tank in the hot press. I can’t attach an immersion to it I was told but I can attach solar to it to hear the water in the tank it says. What’s everyone thoughts on this? Would the water be hot enough. I wouldn’t know much about solar but I’m when I tend to do a job I hope to do it right. What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Shame you can't get an immersion option on the tank - if they are saying solar thermal can heat the water, what about a willis immersion heater to do the same but work off electricity or PV so you put Solar PV on the roof instead of the thermal panel? You would want to check the PV use case though but even if you fitted one on a timer it would help to give you a boost when you need it, and add the panels later - google "willis external immersion heater" for some examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

What system do you have? usually there is a backup/booster heater for legionella prevention that can be enabled for DHW if there’s a problem with the outdoor unit.

Advertisement