Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Captain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Salah again. I think this could be a goal fest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I'm doing it. Harvey Barnes it is. He's very threatening and Leeds out of form. It's him or Gundogan might as well try one different capt this season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Going with Grealish

Swinging between Watkins, DCL & Maddison.

DCL is playing in the early KO today which I never like doing.

I’ve the 2 Villa boys who play late Saturday which I like. I know Southampton kept a fair few clean sheets this season but they are a very form related team. They shipped 3 v Arsenal recently and I feel same could happen tonight.

Maddison plays Sunday v Leeds. I know Leeds won there last game but defensively they’ve been all over the place. Maddison has been In great goalscoribg form and he spoke specifically about getting his numbers up. I like to hear this and so I have got it on him now

Tough decision!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I like the Barnes pick. He looked really lively against Everton, picking up nice positions to shoot.

I'm half regretting getting in Maddison rather than Barnes based on that performance, but still happy with Maddison at the same time as it was generally Maddison supplying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Think I'm going to go with Grealish. Went against gut last week only VC'ing Cancelo and this week there is no obvious choice. Thought Southampton were exposed against Arsenal down the flanks with KWP and Bertrand, I know Bertrand is back but doesn't look KWP will be and that's Grealish's side. Fingers crossed he's on penalties as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Think I'm going to go with Grealish. Went against gut last week only VC'ing Cancelo and this week there is no obvious choice. Thought Southampton were exposed against Arsenal down the flanks with KWP and Bertrand, I know Bertrand is back but doesn't look KWP will be and that's Grealish's side. Fingers crossed he's on penalties as well

He was excellent last week. Also a good pick who I hadn't thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Going for DCL. The boys are back in town for Everton and a poor Newcastle team should be the perfect opportunity for DCL to rediscover his league form.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Also I think folk are reading way too much into kickoff times as if that will make a difference to the chances of your captain doing well or not.

I wouldn't let an early kickoff time sway me from captaining a player if I feel he will fare well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Maddison locked and loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Maddison locked and loaded

Same here but having regrets, looking at line ups for Everton v Newcastle... I think Everton may get 2/3 and Newcastle might get one (almiron)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I just checked and I captained Son, another captain blank for me incoming.

Also have Kane starting, I forgot to log back in after spurs v Liverpool game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Aired my reservations about sterling earlier in the thread, also raised concerns of DCL blanking .... Feeling glad that my hunch was correct, but sterling could get points from the bench.

Sometimes this game really is a guessing game, incase anyone thinks I'm floating, I'm not, I have put Zouma in my starting line up and Bruno on my bench (in the hope that I get points coming in at the end of the gameweek)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭hawaii501

hawaii501 wrote: »
    I just checked and I captained Son, another captain blank for me incoming.

Also have Kane starting, I forgot to log back in after spurs v Liverpool game :)

I HATE THIS GAME!!

Advertisement