Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bike collection

Options
  • 30-01-2021 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a company to purchase a bike from leixlip and transport to Leitrim? I've tried jarvis as another poster had recommended but he is out of country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

give the lads at overlanders a shout, they do deliveries sometimes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Peter03 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a company to purchase a bike from leixlip and transport to Leitrim? I've tried jarvis as another poster had recommended but he is out of country.

I used Ger O'Brien transport when I got the V transported from Cavan to Wicklow I think it was about €270

https://www.facebook.com/GOBTransport/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I used Ger O'Brien transport when I got the V transported from Cavan to Wicklow I think it was about €270

Maybe it's me. But that's a ridiculous price for that journey.

listermint wrote: »
    When you have no licence no IBT no insurance & no friends to drive it for you
    Your options are a bit limited

I thought it was a good deal as I had emailed some others who did not even reply
    GOB transport emailed me back with a day and a price within a few hours
    the bike was picked up and delivered the next day
    I don't mind paying a bit extra for that kind of service bearing in mind this is a 200kg bike 350km @ short notice

Even one of the go vans would have cost €170 and you would still need to bribe some mates to help lug it into the back of the van :-)

You could possibly rent a van and go get it yourself but with the current lockdown you might pay more if fines to go yourself

When you have no licence no IBT no insurance & no friends to drive it for you
    Your options are a bit limited

I thought it was a good deal as I had emailed some others who did not even reply
    GOB transport emailed me back with a day and a price within a few hours
    the bike was picked up and delivered the next day
    I don't mind paying a bit extra for that kind of service bearing in mind this is a 200kg bike 350km @ short notice

Even one of the go vans would have cost €170 and you would still need to bribe some mates to help lug it into the back of the van :-)

You could possibly rent a van and go get it yourself but with the current lockdown you might pay more if fines to go yourself

I paid 300 Euro back from East Wales though. Which would have costed the delivery driver boat tickets there and back. admittedly im sure its combined with other deliveries to cover the tickets a bit more. But Cavan to Wicklow, seems steep tbh.

Note i have a van, and a 220kg bike and a scaffold plank. And no problem getting it in there solo. You dont need mates (for future reference). Getting it back down is more hassle but achievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

How so? minimum 5.5hrs driving (out & back), cost of diesel, van, tolls

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    How so? minimum 5.5hrs driving (out & back), cost of diesel, van, tolls

I live in South Wicklow and drive to navan regularly. in laws. Doing that in 5 half hours.. your having a laugh. Want to be taking alot of piss breaks.

I stand by the price is high tbh. Bikes come in from the UK for thirty more and there's a boat involved. Tickets time. Far more than 5 and half hours involved.

Anyway just said it was pricey we can move on. Il do it for 260 next time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I got MB Transport to do a bike from the UK to Dublin for me and he was great. He’s based in Belfast but was very reasonable!

I live in South Wicklow and drive to navan regularly. in laws. Doing that in 5 half hours.. your having a laugh. Want to be taking alot of piss breaks.

I stand by the price is high tbh. Bikes come in from the UK for thirty more and there's a boat involved. Tickets time. Far more than 5 and half hours involved.

Anyway just said it was pricey we can move on. Il do it for 260 next time :P
    I drove up in the car to view the bike first and it did take me at least 2 hrs we are talking Cavan not Navan which is a good 60 km further on

And I did not mind as I said I had no choice as I could not legally drive it back
    Different story now of course having done the IBT have the permit and insurance so if the op had a mate who was able to drive it back he would be laughing

What do you ride yourself as i'm in Wicklow Town
    Might have passed on the road :-)

I drove up in the car to view the bike first and it did take me at least 2 hrs we are talking Cavan not Navan which is a good 60 km further on

And I did not mind as I said I had no choice as I could not legally drive it back
    Different story now of course having done the IBT have the permit and insurance so if the op had a mate who was able to drive it back he would be laughing

What do you ride yourself as i'm in Wicklow Town
    Might have passed on the road :-)

Know Cavan well too :)

White Vstrom usually catch me on the N11 :)

• Advertisement

Know Cavan well too :)

White Vstrom usually catch me on the N11 :)

If you see someone waving from a black Versys that will be me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

It's absolutely extortionate, I paid a little more to get a bike brought from Manchester to my door.

Advertisement