Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swinging egg chair

Options
  • 26-01-2021 10:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if anyone knows where I might find a chair like this?

23mAat_c.jpeg-588x1024.jpg

I want an indoor one, so not rattan. Googling just brings up garden furniture and shītty Chinese websites. Are there any bricks and mortar stores (preferably with a website) that you've seen a similar chair on?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Faith wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone knows where I might find a chair like this?

23mAat_c.jpeg-588x1024.jpg

I want an indoor one, so not rattan. Googling just brings up garden furniture and shītty Chinese websites. Are there any bricks and mortar stores (preferably with a website) that you've seen a similar chair on?

https://www.caseys.ie/zamora-single-hanging-egg-chair

This is steel?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Stheno wrote: »

Thanks, it would probably work if I couldn't find any designed for indoor use, but it's also unavailable so doesn't seem possible to purchase.

I'm raging because I saw the perfect one in a small boutique shop a few years ago but didn't buy it, and it was gone when I went back. I've never been able to find similar again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks, it would probably work if I couldn't find any designed for indoor use, but it's also unavailable so doesn't seem possible to purchase.

I'm raging because I saw the perfect one in a small boutique shop a few years ago but didn't buy it, and it was gone when I went back. I've never been able to find similar again.
    You can order it i think

I was looking for one last year and Caseys had a fairly big range. Might be worth giving them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Hi Faith,

Homesavers carry Egg chairs. They had them in last year up to around October/ November and have them again although they are out of stock in my local Homesavers at the moment.... I remembered the thread and asked in store on your behalf. They will be getting them in again though and they told me price was €220 for a single seater and €320 for a double seater. I took a photo of the display model they had in the entry space to the store.

I always considered an Egg chair to be something you would only be inclined to put in a conservatory/ sunroom but I'm no expert.

Edit - Apologies, photo doesn't want to upload no matter what I do - will try again tomorrow.

Thanks, that’s really good of you! I appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Thanks, that’s really good of you! I appreciate it :)

The photo you copied, with the exception of colour is the precise outdoor one which we purchased 4 years ago. For the first couple of years we kept it indoors in the winter but have since not bothered. It’s well made. Got it from outdoor living.ie which was at Horkans Glen o the Downs/Kilmacanigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Photo added - Homesaver's chair. Apologies on delay Faith, was trying earlier today also and it just did not want to upload for some reason.

As a general rule of thumb, they'll appear in HomeStore+More around May. Assuming Covid hasn't messed up their schedule.

Excellent, I'll wait for closer to the summer then. I think my timing was just off last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Don't know where you are but Hanleys Garden Centre, Cork have them. They might deliver.

https://hanleysofcork.com/product/bologna-swinging-pod/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

We had a single one and swapped for a double. If you have the space, I couldn't recommend one more. You can bring your legs up into it and it's like being back in the womb, just without the nutrients.

Wyldwood wrote: »
    Don't know where you are but Hanleys Garden Centre, Cork have them. They might deliver.

https://hanleysofcork.com/product/bologna-swinging-pod/

I pass by there every day, thanks! That's probably the most promising lead for now :)

/edit: just browsing more and they have a few different varieties, winner!

@ el Fenomeno - love it! That's kind of the aim, tbh. There's something very sensory about feeling enclosed when you sit, but also the freedom of swinging. Hammocks and swinging chairs are the business for that.

Advertisement