Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of firearms

Options
  • 26-01-2021 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Does a combo gun count as 1 or 2 firearms?
    Thinking of getting a quality 1..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

slipperyox wrote: »
    Does a combo gun count as 1 or 2 firearms?
    Thinking of getting a quality 1..

Counts as one there's a specific box to tick on the FCA1 form bolt action ,semi auto, pump, there's a box for combination gun afaik , there was a confusion a number of years ago though I believe it's been rectified by the new style FCA1 forms

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Depends on your Super TBH.
    Some do want two lics others are happy with one.
    Seems since it has been recognised as a thing that does exist on the application form as they have a box for it.
    I have mine since pre-2006 and it is recognised on PULSE as a rifle, as they went and licensed it as a more expensive rifle license back then.
    So there is no hard and fast on this... it's a Supers seeming discretion.
    Yes,the law will say one thing about it and in reality, something different happens...Go figure.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

well your gonna need 2 different ammo's.
    So do they print 2 different ammo's on 1 licence Grizzly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I don't think they have the technical ability to do that. I've a .357/.38 Spl rifle and when I asked for both calibres (for different types of competitions) they told me that they can only put one calibre on the licence.

I'm open to correction though. I never questioned it as I haven't been in a position to do any comps that use .357.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

No ,it the one lic is go ,in my case.
    If I buy 20 ga,I just say its for a 22mag/20 Ga combo gun.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I’d have to go and check the back of my licences but doesn’t it specify the firearm by maker and serial number and the amount of cartridges you can have in your possession for use with it ?

If your firearm is suitable for different calibers of ammunition or has multiple barrels in different calibers that type of wording should cover purchase and possession of all suitable calibers as long as you respect the specified limit.

Advertisement