Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 Cooking Club Week 32: Classic Lasagne

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

My Mario Batali dish is 34cm long, 24cm wide and 8cm deep (a little bigger than 13 inches long x 9 inches wide and 3 inches deep).

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Thanks MissFlitworth - however I meant the dish that the ragu is cooked in. I have le creuset casserole but this is way too small for the quantities from the recipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

omri wrote: »
    Thanks MissFlitworth - however I meant the dish that the ragu is cooked in. I have le creuset casserole but this is way too small for the quantities from the recipe.

I cooked ragu in 24" le creuset, and it was just above half way up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

omri wrote: »

Ahhh, that's what I get for smug 'look! look! I found it!' quoting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I loved that reduction of the sauce in the oven, I hadn't thought to do it that way myself (I just kept my dutch oven on the hob and the results can be hit-and-miss sometimes). Next time I'm doing it your way. But a sauce that good and instant pasta? Noooooo. I'll break out the pasta machine and make some by hand, it'd be disrespectful otherwise :D (Also, I tried doing the "thousand layer lasagna" thing a while ago and finally managed to find a 4" deep lasagna dish after much searching - once you've gotten a deep lasanga dish, there really is no going back, it makes that much of a difference :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Can you use the ragu sauce in any other ways? I don't like pasta. I've really tried to like it, but I just don't. :p

You could use crepes instead and make crepe lasagne and maintain the dry ragu from the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Teeley

Made this for a lunch party today..absolutely delicious! Went down a treat with everyone. Worth all the effort!..made ragu yesterday and assembled lasagne today. We didn't use veal or chicken livers..not sure if they could add to the flavour of the dish but will add them the next time..because there will definitely be a next time!! Thanks for the great recipe..highly recommend to everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am currently re-writing out this recipe (my original one faded!!) as I am making this again tomorrow (turned out fantabulous the first time) and sharing with SO MANY PEOPLES!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Made this a few weeks ago, absolutely marvellous, leftovers lovely out of the freezer as well, going to make it again this weekend, I dont suppose anyone downloaded the images when it was first posted, i sometimes do it for recipes i keep, the ragu thickness ones would be really handy to look at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I make it a few times a year, its a fair bit of work but well worth it as its a great recipe. Dont have the pictures but the timings for the ragu are spot on, I stir it a couple of times during cooking and then check it at 2.5 hours but it normally takes about 3 hours or slightly over it to soak up all the wet ingredients.

Advertisement