Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Nice bit of snow on the roof, no I didn't climb up its top floor apartment :)

0c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Latest ARPEGE outflanks us showing a heavier fall Sunday from a possible occluded front /troughs moving down in a SE'ly direction. Doesn't quite match up with the Fax charts perhaps, developing it more into an area of LP, a wave??

anim_ehn9.gif

anim_yep0.gif

anim_gav3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Snowing in Cavan, giving a nice dusting

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Umm have to decide between an all nighter tomorrow or not

But there are also prospects for Sunday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

That RTE forecast made absolutely NO sense whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

What you might be missing is that this is boards.ie not boards.fi

Boards dot fantasy Island? Nah, it's definitely that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Wonder why some people are getting so much from a single shower? The shower that passed through here just left a dusting.

Just looking on netweather and two people appear to have 2-3cm from the same shower.

Snowing here again. Big flakes.

Watching that massive clump in the Atlantic.

Lovely snow here, still snowing as I type,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Finally had a snow shower 30 minutes ago. Every bit of it stuck! Unfortunately, the showers seem to be scattered, too brief, and quite light in nature. We need a trough overnight!

edit: Snowing again, but too light.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Down to 0.3C again here near Tralee, car frozen again.

temp_uk_tea0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Snowing here again. Big flakes.

Watching that massive clump in the Atlantic.

Was just looking at that massive clump heading for you and to be honest, I'm very jealous but at the same time I'm delighted that it's almost certain you're going to get a good spell of heavy snow quite soon. You've been so patient!

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who will be dying to see photos and videos as it happens.... Your certainly won't need to travel anywhere for the snow, that's for sure!

You can see the local snow here. Go to the bottom of the site to see the snow.

https://trafficwatchni.com/twni/cameras

Hopefully we can get a couple of centimetres, not just a dusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

You can see the local snow here. Go to the bottom of the site to see the snow.

https://trafficwatchni.com/twni/cameras

Hopefully we can get a couple of centimetres, not just a dusting.

A couple of centimetres is a dusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Can someone tell me if Dublin will get any snow and what timeframe please? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

That's a fair old shower on it's way to you. Will be more than a dusting! :D (if it stays intact)

radar.png

John.Icy wrote: »
    That's a fair old shower on it's way to you. Will be more than a dusting! :D (if it stays intact)

radar.png

It’s quite far north. Not sure if it will clip the coast or come down.

Wonder why some people are getting so much from a single shower? The shower that passed through here just left a dusting.

Just looking on netweather and two people appear to have 2-3cm from the same shower.

Sometimes you seem to know a lot about weather, sometimes you don't.

I am no expert myself but I bet that some showers are heavier and last longer than others. Thats the way it works with rain anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

It’s quite far north. Not sure if it will clip the coast or come down.

The stuff that is over Limavady currently came from the same region when running the radar on loop. You should be sound enough for a decent hit!

• Advertisement

John.Icy wrote: »
    The stuff that is over Limavady currently came from the same region when running the radar on loop. You should be sound enough for a decent hit!

Yes.. think there was a change in the airmass.. as the showers before that were deteriorating immediately.

We will see what happens with this one it may break up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Nothing heavy but we've had plenty of light showers all evening, not amounting to much but with very little melting now they're slowly but surely starting to accumulate so we're back to where we were this morning with ~2cm cover.

The showers seem to be pepping up a bit again so hopefully a few manage to make it further inland towards you as the night goes on!

Finally got a dusting. The mountains in Donegal had been killing everything before it got near here earlier in the evening so can't complain.

ECM 18Z widespread snow but light. Not developing the feature coming down from the NW on Sunday like ARPEGE, sends precipitation down the UK from the NW all right Sunday evening.

UJDFboA.gif

V4BIRJV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

torres9kop wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if Dublin will get any snow and what timeframe please? Thank you

Id say tonight as much chance of Liverpool winning the league. :p
    Tomorrow night nowcast. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

anim_ehn9.gif

Beautiful. Hurling country will certainly need a yellow sliotar for training on Sunday morning after mass. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Met Éireann aviation chart for 6 am has a trough lying across northern Ulster, moving southeastwards at 15 knots. Weather is a mixing pot of rain showrs/fog/freezing fog/moderate snow/sleet showers/thunderstorms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Met Éireann aviation chart for 6 am has a trough lying across northern Ulster, moving southeastwards at 15 knots. Weather is a mixing pot of rain showrs/fog/freezing fog/moderate snow/sleet showers/thunderstorms.

I dunno if you tried to post a chart with that GL - just be aware that Boards.ie seems to be having intermittent trouble displaying externally linked graphics of late in threads. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Danno wrote: »
    I dunno if you tried to post a chart with that GL - just be aware that Boards.ie seems to be having intermittent trouble displaying externally linked graphics of late in threads. :(

No, not allowed post the original due to copyright and can't do my own right now. Yizzl have to use your imagination...:pac:

It could still skirt around me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Ballyshannon has a dusting of snow right on the coast. Don't think there will be much mixing unless there's milder air associated with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement