Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I know Leicester have some great fixtures, but i'm failing to see why all the love for Vardy???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,185 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I know Leicester have some great fixtures, but i'm failing to see why all the love for Vardy???

Vardy out for a few weeks now too.

I'm probably gonna do KDB - Madisson but will wait to see how Madisson fairs in the FA Cup first. Don't want to swap an injured player for an injured player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Ace2007 wrote: »

11 goals and 8 assists so far, he's very consistent.

Granted its dried up a bit but i dont expect that to continue for long

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

bmorrissey wrote: »

6 of his goals were penalties but having said that
    -Salah has had 5 pens
    -Bruno has had 6 pens
    -Kane has 3, thought he had more

siblers wrote: »
    6 of his goals were penalties but having said that
    -Salah has had 5 pens
    -Bruno has had 6 pens
    -Kane has 3, thought he had more

Fair point, used him on my current wildcard but with salahs form, KDB injured and i already have Kane so dont wanna double up with Spurs/Son, Vardy is my next choice for a 10+ Mill player

• Advertisement

bmorrissey wrote: »

Well he's out now for the next few weeks anyway

But he is anything but consistent if you watch any of his games - he's rarely involved in the game. A lot of his goals were penalties and came earlier in the Season.

He hasn't scored in the last 5 games, and has some sort of hip injury they need to manage - so he's not play at 100%.

5 of his 11 goals came in the first 3 GW's, so he's gone completely off the boil in last 15 games managing only 6 goals. For his price he should be scoring in every second game at least.

This idea that players being off form but won't last for long is why so many have an overprice Liverpool defender, or have Salah, Sterling, and maybe even KdB - because they will come good eventually... despite not having any form or returns to justify having them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Hmmmm...with Vardy out, does that mean more minutes for Barnes and him playing up top some games?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,869 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Hmmmm...with Vardy out, does that mean more minutes for Barnes and him playing up top some games?
    Think Perez and Iheanacho would be ahead of him for playing up top. Might see more minutes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Of course I brought in Barnes as my free transfer before KDB and Vardy got injured. Balls.

Edit: Which brings me to a decision I need to make. Should I take a hit by transferring out KDB or Vardy, leaving the other on the bench for now?

Have ESR-Son-Fernandes-Barnes all fit in midfield, and Antonio and seemingly DCL fit up front. Which sets me up for a 4-4-2

Taylor is yellow-injured in defence, and my fifth def is a non-runner (Rhys Williams) but I am not going to waste -4 on a cheap defender.

Pep roulette has me wary but I do want a City asset in KDB's absence. Thinking B.Silva or Jesus for now.

EDIT again: I just realised I have the second wildcard option. Sterling and Kane for KDB and Vardy it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Madison and Kane in for KDB and Vardy at minus four done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Of course I brought in Barnes as my free transfer before KDB and Vardy got injured. Balls.

Edit: Which brings me to a decision I need to make. Should I take a hit by transferring out KDB or Vardy, leaving the other on the bench for now?

Have ESR-Son-Fernandes-Barnes all fit in midfield, and Antonio and seemingly DCL fit up front. Which sets me up for a 4-4-2

Taylor is yellow-injured in defence, and my fifth def is a non-runner (Rhys Williams) but I am not going to waste -4 on a cheap defender.

Pep roulette has me wary but I do want a City asset in KDB's absence. Thinking B.Silva or Jesus for now.

Whats the rest of your team like?

With that many issues I'd be considering a wildcard if you have it.
    you have 4 moves that you need to make.
    5 including the 1 you've already made.
    what's your GK situation and rest of the defence?

if you're wary of Pep roulette, I wouldn't be touching the likes of Bernardo or Jesus.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Whats the rest of your team like?

With that many issues I'd be considering a wildcard if you have it.
    you have 4 moves that you need to make.
    5 including the 1 you've already made.
    what's your GK situation and rest of the defence?

if you're wary of Pep roulette, I wouldn't be touching the likes of Bernardo or Jesus.

Realised I have the wildcard to play (forgot there were two).

Using it to swap KDB and Vardy for Kane and Sterling (at the minute), and getting a reliable fifth choice defender.

Sanchez (McCarthy)
    Targett Cancelo KWP (Taylor + new 5th choice def)
    Barnes Bruno Son Sterling (for now) (ESR)
    Antonio DCL Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Are you using wildcard to only make two transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Assistance needed.

Current side
    McCarthy, Forster
    TAA, kilman, Dallas, kwp, cresswell
    Kdb, Salah, Bruno, grealish, Bissouma
    Wood, Watkins, bamford

The plan had been to hold but with TAA not performing, kilman /Bissouma etc, I need to make some moves.

Want to hold the wildcard if I can.

Thinking TAA to Dias/cancelo/chilwell
    Kdb to foden, gundogan, Barnes or Madison

I would have cash to turn wood to Kane if I wanted then. But I don't know. I would move Salah too to be honest but I'm not overly convinced a -12 is needed.

Forget the kilman Bissouma Forster issues for another week.

Thoughts please, I'm at 59 with Watkins and grealish to go this week and trying not to panic transfer until nearer the deadline.

Are you using wildcard to only make two transfers?

Kind of have to considering I already blew my FT before De Bruyne and Vardy were confirmed as being injured for a while and two more limped off (Taylor and Targett).

Kind of have to considering I already blew my FT before De Bruyne and Vardy were confirmed as being injured for a while and two more limped off (Taylor and Targett).
    Targett is fit for Saturday. If using a hit each to move De Bruyne and Vardy off to other good players, then I would really consider it. Wildcard should really be for when you need an overhaul rather than a tweak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have the exact amount to do KDB/Wood/Alioski to Gundogan/Kane/Cancelo for -8. Seems a no brainer but afraid I'll be priced out of it if I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,185 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Assistance needed.

Current side
    McCarthy, Forster
    TAA, kilman, Dallas, kwp, cresswell
    Kdb, Salah, Bruno, grealish, Bissouma
    Wood, Watkins, bamford

The plan had been to hold but with TAA not performing, kilman /Bissouma etc, I need to make some moves.

Want to hold the wildcard if I can.

Thinking TAA to Dias/cancelo/chilwell
    Kdb to foden, gundogan, Barnes or Madison

I would have cash to turn wood to Kane if I wanted then. But I don't know. I would move Salah too to be honest but I'm not overly convinced a -12 is needed.

Forget the kilman Bissouma Forster issues for another week.

Thoughts please, I'm at 59 with Watkins and grealish to go this week and trying not to panic transfer until nearer the deadline.

As bad as Liverpool are playing, I'd nearly be more inclined to hang onto TAA rather than Salah. The Liverpool defence is still scoring points while the attack is not. For 2 more weeks at least. I'm not 100% on this but I don't think he will get dropped either. If he doesn't play Sunday in the cup, he will probably play in the league again. Maybe Salah out for Sterling because you will need City players.

The KDB transfer, the best options are the ones you've named IMO. I'll probably go Maddison, although the Vardy news does but a bit of a twist on it. How will the Leicester attack perform without him. Will Barnes or Maddison move further forward etc. Both are kind of differentials at this stage.

And a City defender is needed. Walker is out now so Cancelo is more nailed now. Dias is fairly nailed, and Stones looks it too but always the risk of Laporte coming back. Maybe wait til after the FA Cup to see who was rested in that game.

In order of priority, I would go

Kilman -> Cancelo (or Stones/Dias)
    Salah -> Sterling
    KDB -> Maddison

I think those transfer for a -8 should leave you with plenty of money ITB also. Sets up a 11 like this for this week. If the 2 transfers all play and get 2 points each, that's nearly the -8 covered. You can work on upgrading the others then in the weeks preceding with the extra money ITB.

McCarthy
    TAA Cancelo Dallas
    Sterling Maddison Bruno Grealish
    Watkins Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Madison and Kane in for KDB and Vardy at minus four done!

Simple and obvious solution that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

What's the general consensus on KDB replacement?

Rashford - out of form
    Mane - out of form
    Grealish - I own - not great form
    Son - I don't have him but thinking he might be good to bring in
    Gundogan - Actually decent at his price and lots in the bank to improve elsewhere
    Foden - seems a nice solution and should play more, more in bank too
    Sterling - City less appealing w/o KDB
    Maddison - good form but Vardy out so less assist appeal, good price tho
    Salah - I own but out of form
    Bruno - I own but like plenty
    Aubayemang - really???

Missing anyone or anyone a good punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

CSF wrote: »
    That’s all it is for me. A player with pedigree, who is nailed to start in juicy fixtures is usually a good choice.

He is expensive so maybe not for people who could do with using the funds elsewhere for other premium guys.

I can see the argument for Sterling as he's a proven big hitter explosive asset and the only one of such available for City right now, and KDB owners should have the funds.

But for me the eye test and the numbers lately point to Gundo. The fact that penalties should be his just adds to the appeal. And then the fact that he's cheaper too (although funds not really an issue right now) He's wandering into central areas constantly, with no proper striker he often seems to be the one getting into the dangerous areas for a shot at the end of a move. Sterling looked very wide and very uninvolved against Villa. Pep can definitely change up the tactics but against Villa you had Cancelo coming in from right mid to play pretty much as a centre mid in position. This left Sterling to play out wide in not too a dissimilar position to an attacking full back.

Looking at the last 3, or even last 5 games, Gundo is getting better Xg/Xa than Sterling (and real points too of course) and that's even without pens.

It's kind of a form vs pedigree debate, and I don't really need the funds saved going for Gundo but I think I'm going with form on this one (with penalties an important additional factor).

If you want a punt Pereira of West Brom has 2 lovey fixtures after the city game - Sam has got him scoring and is on peno's. But it is a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Rashford - out of form
    Mane - out of form
    Gundogan - Actually decent at his price and lots in the bank to improve elsewhere
    Aubayemang - really???

I have Son but not Grealish but worried about him being suspended. Harvey Barnes not on your list. I don't really like any of the alternatives. Hard to know what City are without KDB. Could be a lot of 1-0 wins over the next while. I am happy enough with what I have at the moment so I might chance Sterling. Seems a good a pick as any. Not convinced Gundogan will continue to play where he has been.

Rashford - out of form
    Mane - out of form
    Aubayemang - really???

Gundo for me this week. Then reassess next week but with funds suddenly burning a hole in my pocket Son is just a proven points machine so seems the logical choice to perhaps upgrade Soucek. But will keep an eye on some of the others on your list like Maddison, Grealish and (I can't believe I'm writing it) even Auba.

Another option is upgrading Brewster but not many great striking options right now

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Vardy/KDB/Zouma to Kane/Gundo/Cancelo

Well theres my Vardy transfer and arguement blown to **** 😄

Morzadec wrote: »
    I can see the argument for Sterling as he's a proven big hitter explosive asset and the only one of such available for City right now, and KDB owners should have the funds.

But for me the eye test and the numbers lately point to Gundo. The fact that penalties should be his just adds to the appeal. And then the fact that he's cheaper too (although funds not really an issue right now) He's wandering into central areas constantly, with no proper striker he often seems to be the one getting into the dangerous areas for a shot at the end of a move. Sterling looked very wide and very uninvolved against Villa. Pep can definitely change up the tactics but against Villa you had Cancelo coming in from right mid to play pretty much as a centre mid in position. This left Sterling to play out wide in not too a dissimilar position to an attacking full back.

Looking at the last 3, or even last 5 games, Gundo is getting better Xg/Xa than Sterling (and real points too of course) and that's even without pens.

It's kind of a form vs pedigree debate, and I don't really need the funds saved going for Gundo but I think I'm going with form on this one (with penalties an important additional factor).

From what we’ve seen, I agree. I just think that what we see next will be different, because KDB being out changes the dynamic completely.

CSF wrote: »
    From what we’ve seen, I agree. I just think that what we see next will be different, because KDB being out changes the dynamic completely.

Yeah can see the thinking. Like most of these FF debates there's not really a right or wrong answer at this point in time, just predictions which is what makes the game interesting! I may change my mind, will look out for comments from Pep, also the line up from the FA Cup match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Hark back to simpler times when Kevin out meant David in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m thinking for this week (-4)
    KDB and Soucek out
    Gundogen and Rashford in

And then next week for a -4 again
    Salah and Davis (non playing sub) out
    Kane and Maddison in

Rashford isn’t going great but they are at home to Sheff Utd this week so might take a chance. Unless Salah does something next Gameweek I think I’ll get rid of him and that will allow me to upgrade a non playing striker to Kane. (Bamford and Antonio being the other two)

Advertisement