Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow in the Cloud

Options
  • 02-01-2021 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Watched 'Shadow in the Cloud' last night. Starring Chloë Grace Moretz.

I have to say it was the most fun I've had watching a film in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a good movie. The plot makes no sense and every scene breaks the laws of physics, so check your brain at the door.

It is however exactly what I needed after a horrible year in general and of the few films released last year most disappointed me, this was the antedote.

A bonkers little movie. It's only 72 minutes long and is like an extended episode the The Twilght Zone. A simple brainless plot, with loads of action, ridiculous stunts, very hit and miss effects, a score that sounded like 80's synth music.

I don't know about the rest of you but I was really in the mood for something frivolous to start off the year and wash 2020 out of my head and this did it!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, the trailer made it clear that physics just don't apply; I shared the trailer a few weeks back in the off topic thread precisely because of its almost admirably stupid stunt at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Watched 'Shadow in the Cloud' last night. Starring Chloë Grace Moretz.

I have to say it was the most fun I've had watching a film in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a good movie. The plot makes no sense and every scene breaks the laws of physics, so check your brain at the door.

It is however exactly what I needed after a horrible year in general and of the few films released last year most disappointed me, this was the antedote.

A bonkers little movie. It's only 72 minutes long and is like an extended episode the The Twilght Zone. A simple brainless plot, with loads of action, ridiculous stunts, very hit and miss effects, a score that sounded like 80's synth music.

I don't know about the rest of you but I was really in the mood for something frivolous to start off the year and wash 2020 out of my head and this did it!

Bonkers is about right!
    It is definitely fun, short and sweet which is rare these days.
    Chloe Grace Moretz really loves shouting while doing things!!!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 zoeyalex87

Despite how stupid the movie was, Chloe Moretz was excellent, best performance I’ve seen from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

zoeyalex87 wrote: »
    Despite how stupid the movie was, Chloe Moretz was excellent, best performance I’ve seen from her.

She carries the first hour of the film on her own and that's tough to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What, Why, how?

Why did you make me watch this ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement