Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC and other rallying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Jari Matti is Toyota's new team principle. I'm shocked and delighted and shocked again. He could be just the right man for the job with his passion, drive and sheer knowledge. Then again does he have any experience of the job.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/toyota-picks-latvala-as-makinen-replacement/?fbclid=IwAR3I4M-fay7C70mMcFWIcZPSRXm_l4aHNQ591WMB4BgSGGfeCymTQugOt9I

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Oops!

That was a very strange decision, going on the last near 20 years he certainly doesn't come across as that sort of person. maby i'm wrong!.... The Japs really do admire him though, he seems to fit in very well with their culture....

In all fairness though he doesn't really have to change anything, plenty of personnel there in the team know the game/job very well... Also Ogier/Evans won't need much guidance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭jelutong

Ogier had a big off in testing for Rally Monte Carlo today.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JMR46

Ya huge huge off judging by the pictures. Glad they are both OK.

Hopefully Monte goes ahead

It sounds like Neuville has dumped Gilsoul and took Gilsoul by surprise.
    https://twitter.com/nicolasgilsoul/status/1350023359753564161?s=20

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    It sounds like Neuville has dumped Gilsoul and took Gilsoul by surprise.
    https://twitter.com/nicolasgilsoul/status/1350023359753564161?s=20

Very strange one to change at this time. Something definitely happened, we may never know what exactly

JMR46 wrote: »
    Very strange one to change at this time. Something definitely happened, we may never know what exactly

It seems to only have happened in the last few hours. Nicolas only changed his FB profile photo to the new Hyundai kit 6 hours ago and was posting about looking forward to the new season two days ago.

Thierry and Martijn will only have shakedown to get used to each other. On Monte..... seems like a crazy move.

It seems to only have happened in the last few hours. Nicolas only changed his FB profile photo to the new Hyundai kit 6 hours ago and was posting about looking forward to the new season two days ago.

Thierry and Martijn will only have shakedown to get used to each other. On Monte..... seems like a crazy move.

Smacks of desperation from Neuville doesnt it?

Can't manage to get a WRC title so is trying everything to see will it work. Don't think it's the right move as you say but time will tell

Smacks of desperation from Neuville doesnt it?

Can't manage to get a WRC title so is trying everything to see will it work. Don't think it's the right move as you say but time will tell

I had the same thoughts if I’m being honest but David Evans seems to think it was Gilsoul’s decision after all. The whole thing is really strange.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/gilsouls-exit-big-shock-for-hyundai-on-eve-of-season/

I reckon Neuville won’t see out the season with Hyundai. Adamo must be losing patience with him. Look at the mess he made of Rally Monza.

• Advertisement

jelutong wrote: »
    I reckon Neuville won’t see out the season with Hyundai. Adamo must be losing patience with him. Look at the mess he made of Rally Monza.

It will be interesting to see how things go. I know they are only one stage in but a decent start for them.

btw WRC is back :D

Big off for Suninen who was on an awesome charge. Both out of car and seem okay.

Big off. Its always incredible watching it live for these sort of moments. Evans had a moment at the same place.
    His pace was good before that so its a real shame for M-Sport and Teemu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,180 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Does BT still show wrc?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    Does BT still show wrc?

They used to but I'm not sure anymore. I subscribe to the WRC All Live package and think it's worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭.red.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Does BT still show wrc?

Yes but the daily rwview could be on a mix of BT 1, 2 or 3 and times vary from 6pm to 1130/12ish depending on what else they are showing.
    They usually have a a few live stages too and a weekend review on Mondays.
    Red Bull TV app is free and usually has a show, not a whole lot of rallying but it's watchable if you have nothing better to do.

.red. wrote: »
    Yes but the daily rwview could be on a mix of BT 1, 2 or 3 and times vary from 6pm to 1130/12ish depending on what else they are showing.
    They usually have a a few live stages too and a weekend review on Mondays.
    Red Bull TV app is free and usually has a show, not a whole lot of rallying but it's watchable if you have nothing better to do.

When I did have BT I would set the rally to record only to find f’ing tennis or something in its place when I went to watch it.

Ogier really showed why he is a multiple world champion this weekend. Thierry done much better than I expected with a new navi too.

Ogier really showed why he is a multiple world champion this weekend. Thierry done much better than I expected with a new navi too.

Class act in Monte. When the conditions get tricky he always comes out on top.

Unlucky weekend for Tanak.

Think we should be in for a good Championship with 4 geniune contenders, Ogier, Evans, Neuville, Tanak and even maybe Rovanpera. I think Kalle has a good chance of a maiden win next time out in the Arctic Rally

I think Kalle has a good chance of a maiden win next time out in the Arctic Rally

I think he is in with a good chance too. He kind of grew up rallying on snowy stages. He won the Arctic Lapland in 2020 too.

Any of you lot entered on www.fantasywrc.com?

• Advertisement

I think he is in with a good chance too. He kind of grew up rallying on snowy stages. He won the Arctic Lapland in 2020 too.

Any of you lot entered on www.fantasywrc.com?

Ya, had a so-so first round. It's good craic to have an interest.
    I also daftly put a fiver on Dani Sordo to take 1st/2nd:rolleyes:

I was hoping to do a bit better myself. Pity Solberg with off on the power stage.
    540923.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Should have subscribed to the WRC sub years ago. So nice to be able to watch live, or just watch anything I missed whenever I want.

It’s great value. Another good App is MotoGP. A handy way to use up surplus Three Credit too.

It’s great value. Another good App is MotoGP. A handy way to use up surplus Three Credit too.

I have the MotoGP Videopass too. I do miss the BT MotoGP coverage though.

Anything in particular that you miss?

Anything in particular that you miss?

Hodgy and Laverty mainly. I really miss their input.

Monte Carlo Rally highlights programme on ITV4 Thursday @8.pm.

The Arctic Rally this weekend was a really good one. Oliver Solberg had one impressive debut in a WRC car and its like watching his Dad all over again. Fairly strong result from Breen too considering how little time he has spent in the car recently.

• Advertisement

The Arctic Rally this weekend was a really good one. Oliver Solberg had one impressive debut in a WRC car and its like watching his Dad all over again. Fairly strong result from Breen too considering how little time he has spent in the car recently.

Ya spot on, this was a great rally. Tanak winning easily kind of surprised me, thought the Toyota/Rovanpera combo would be quicker.

Thought Breen was highly impressive to be honest, no seat time for months and a solid 4th using his road position pretty well and finishing off with a brilliant Power Stage.

Bodes well but now he has a contender for his seat in Hyundai with Solberg, who is an exciting young talent and PR dream!

Advertisement