Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Technique wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I'm just at the stage of setting up the family group. I haven't used the VPN to sign up to YouTube yet. It won't let them into the family group as they're not in Ireland.

I'll get them to try again next time they're back here.

Something is wrong there. I set up a "family" for a friend a few weeks ago. One of the family lives in France.

Has that gmail been used for a family before? Or is the person abroad accepting the link as required (you will get a success notice from Google.

I would start again with a burner gmail account.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Setanter wrote:
    Something is wrong there. I set up a "family" for a friend a few weeks ago. One of the family lives in France.

I wonder if this Gmail account in France was originally created in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just did this there. Thanks OP.

Followed the instructions in the Opening Post. Felt sorry for the bear when uninstalling afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

if you put a . dot anywhere in your Gmail address before the @ the service you are signing up for will see it as a new email but the response will arrive in your actual gmail inbox. joekelly@gmail.com. j.oekelly@gmail joekell.y@gmail.com

Did anyone take Counting Crows up on their original offer?? ;)
    Hi Guys,

YouTube Premium Family package is €17.99/month for 5 members. That works out to €43.20 each a year. Anyone want to join my 'family'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Soarer wrote: »
    Did anyone take Counting Crows up on their original offer?? ;)

I decided to go the Indian route :)

Btw anyone managed to do the same trick with Netflix? Can get the Turkish sign up page but not passed the payment screen.

I decided to go the Indian route :)

Btw anyone managed to do the same trick with Netflix? Can get the Turkish sign up page but not passed the payment screen.

I went Argentina myself, thanks to the Irish Embassy!

There are a good few people that signed up with families from here (me included), and I think they went the Turkish route.
    You'll have to search out one of those threads and find a family leader how they did it.

Unless they stumble in here.

Actually, that'd be an idea for a sticky. One thread with information on how to access Tidal, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Disney+, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I wonder if this Gmail account in France was originally created in Ireland?

Certainly not the burner gmail.

The french member added to this without a hitch, though we did have to ring and talk here through the acceptance prompts.

Never underestimate how untechy some people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭johntune

If only there was an option like this for Sky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Soarer wrote: »
    I went Argentina myself, thanks to the Irish Embassy!

There are a good few people that signed up with families from here (me included), and I think they went the Turkish route.
    You'll have to search out one of those threads and find a family leader how they did it.

Unless they stumble in here.

Actually, that'd be an idea for a sticky. One thread with information on how to access Tidal, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Disney+, etc.

Been tried before with other things and every page you'll get a "I don't have time to read posts so tell me what to do" which got frustrating. A clear OP works with each offer as issues to do with that offer fill the thread.

• Advertisement

Setanter wrote: »
    Certainly not the burner gmail.

The french member added to this without a hitch, though we did have to ring and talk here through the acceptance prompts.

Never underestimate how untechy some people are.

You mean most rather than some people? VPN scares people, they think Russian secret service will call in 10 mins with some Bourne Identity type of plot line, being sucked into the darkweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Noiz

Thanks OP for this and I just can't see I will be ever signing up if it costs 17 euro a month.

Someone mentioned about Tidal and I gave it a try but that didn't work. It seems like Spotify it wont' take your credit card from a different country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I’m connected to Argentina via vpn but the price is saying US$7.49. Any ideas folks please?

On India I’m getting 249.000
    Would that be rupees?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    On India I’m getting 249.000
    Would that be rupees?

Don't think so 189 is what I pay here a month.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Don't think so 189 is what I pay here a month.

I was trying it on my iPhone and was getting those prices, switched to an android phone and got the Indian 189 deal, cheers OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

How does youtube music compare with Spotify?

Fairly crap. Go with tidal.
    However it does allow you to play anything on YouTube as an audio file on the app so if you like those live gig videos, you could like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Spotify has Spotify Connect - a feature that cannot be be found anywhere else. I can stream through my TV in the Living room and control what's playing from my work computer. Amazon Music tries to deliver something similar, but it is not that good. With YT Music no chance of remotely controlling anything but Chromecast enabled devices.

YT Music has an advantage though - you can simultaneously stream from one account on multiple devices. I didn't check how many, but that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Added another family member there now (signed up over weekend for the YouTube Premium Family via India), no issue. They are living in Ireland (like myself) and they did not have any payment methods on an YouTube account etc. that they knew of anyway. Was very simple.

Thanks again OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

thanks OP! Used my existing family group to do this. had to use the Android app as I could not get this working on windows. Added revolut as a payment option to my gpay and a fake ARG address and seems to be working nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

Great bargain,just signed up for family plan,does anybody know how to get the Indian music recommendations off on the the youtube music app,thanks.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Great bargain,just signed up for family plan,does anybody know how to get the Indian music recommendations off on the the youtube music app,thanks.

After you’ve been using it for a bit it will get familiar with what you’re listening to and will then throw up recommendations tailored to your taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

I only have Indian selection when in charts on my home page, click the drop down menu at top of charts and you can change it to Ireland.

Everything else is standard recommendations based on my YouTube.

go to youtube music, go to explore and pick ireland from the dropdown to get irish charts

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

shmeee wrote: »
    I only have Indian selection when in charts on my home page, click the drop down menu at top of charts and you can change it to Ireland.

Everything else is standard recommendations based on my YouTube.

Yeah,done that,thanks for the tip,again some bargain,was running out of free trials!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Cheers for the bargain OP.

I signed up with the Indian address using VPN etc. and all seems to be working fine at the moment.
    I used Revolut and the card that I used(Virtual) has a temporary hold status with the comment "Reverted YouTube"

Is this to be expected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Technique

On mine it sent 10 cents to test the card and then refunded it later.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cheers for the bargain OP.

I signed up with the Indian address using VPN etc. and all seems to be working fine at the moment.
    I used Revolut and the card that I used(Virtual) has a temporary hold status with the comment "Reverted YouTube"

Is this to be expected ?
    Technique wrote: »
    On mine it sent 10 cents to test the card and then refunded it later.

Yes normal. It’s the test on the card. No charge as first month is free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Just on using revolut. I normally only use it for exchanging sterling so don't know about auto conversion. As I've not used Argentine currency before I'm wondering is it better to have a small amount ARS in your revolut or do people just let revolut do conversion for you?

Advertisement