Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

pearl jam

1123124125127129

Comments



  • You'd want to be pretty frickin' stupid to be selling merch with "PJ" on it when you're a Pearl Jam tribute band. And who would wear a tribute band t shirt??




  • Its unfortunate to see PJ getting bad press over this. It's obvious trademark infringement.




  • PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Its unfortunate to see PJ getting bad press over this. It's obvious trademark infringement.

    The funny side effect of this on Twitter is that Pearl Jamm have lots of support from bands like Oasish, The Fillers and The Smiths Ltd.




  • fluke wrote: »
    So Pearl Jamm have went the arsey route and renamed themselves....

    Legal Jam

    Bravo !!!




  • greenspurs wrote: »
    Bravo !!!

    Hopefully this stops their whining on social media, their attempts to appeal to real Pearl Jam fans fell flat on its face


  • Advertisement


  • Hopefully this stops their whining on social media, their attempts to appeal to real Pearl Jam fans fell flat on its face

    Au contraire.....

    The reaction is in their favour. Majority of comments are against the corporates,




  • greenspurs wrote: »
    Au contraire.....

    The reaction is in their favour. Majority of comments are against the corporates,

    Not a bit I'm afraid, but do try and spin things whatever way you wish




  • https://twitter.com/Pearljammband?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

    55 comments underneath the original message about the Cease& Dessist .
    The majority of them are in favour of the tribute band .

    Spin (the black round shape) on that ....





    *i had to change circle, to 'black round shape' in case their lawyers are watching




  • Hmmm...

    Lets go then. Alternative names for P***L J*m songs.

    Album 1 -

    "TenT"

    Twice
    Uneven ebb
    Not dead
    Please stay
    White
    Jeremiah
    Big Seas
    Little covering over the front door
    Grass at the back of your house
    Not shallow
    Let go.

    Album 2-
    "Against"

    Dont Stay
    Not a human
    Not a son
    Kinda bigging up weapons
    Rebel Activist
    WF person from USA
    Red stuff in your veins
    Look behind you when driving
    Big angry mice
    Auld wan in the village
    Dogs lead
    Pah ..... dont care really.


    Album 3

    "Study of Life"

    You better turn off here.
    Rotate the round shape
    Get away , thats mine
    Jerky jesus
    Whats Up? ......
    Paraguay , to
    Old man pants
    Creepy crawlies
    Where mother in law sleeps
    Do you still have Covid?, No, im ......
    No lyric filler
    Live forever
    People in a Psychiatric hospital talking song




  • greenspurs wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Pearljammband?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

    55 comments underneath the original message about the Cease& Dessist .
    The majority of them are in favour of the tribute band .

    Spin (the black round shape) on that ....





    *i had to change circle, to 'black round shape' in case their lawyers are watching

    Try having a look at the Ten Members club... you'll see peoples true feelings.. not their own little fanclub ;)


  • Advertisement


  • Penfailed wrote: »
    Whereas Pearl Jamm are being dicks about it.

    Only ones being dicks about this are Pearl Jam... what a pack of greedy ...... They have their money made years ago.... back when they apparently tried to fight big companies like Ticketmaster to ensure the public didn’t have to pay as much fees to see bands... these days eddie vedder goes around chargin multiples of what other bands charge just to see him playing solo! They found that maybe they can feed on the powerless when they’re cups already overfilled! (Just in case they come to sue me, that last line is a twist of lyrics from “hunger strike!)




  • greenspurs wrote: »
    Hmmm...

    Lets go then. Alternative names for P***L J*m songs.

    Album 1 -

    "TenT"

    Twice
    Uneven ebb
    Not dead
    Please stay
    White
    Jeremiah
    Big Seas
    Little covering over the front door
    Grass at the back of your house
    Not shallow
    Let go.

    Album 2-
    "Against"

    Dont Stay
    Not a human
    Not a son
    Kinda bigging up weapons
    Rebel Activist
    WF person from USA
    Red stuff in your veins
    Look behind you when driving
    Big angry mice
    Auld wan in the village
    Dogs lead
    Pah ..... dont care really.


    Album 3

    "Study of Life"

    You better turn off here.
    Rotate the round shape
    Get away , thats mine
    Jerky jesus
    Whats Up? ......
    Paraguay , to
    Old man pants
    Creepy crawlies
    Where mother in law sleeps
    Do you still have Covid?, No, im ......
    No lyric filler
    Live forever
    People in a Psychiatric hospital talking song


    Man, you have little for doing.
    Have you no job?




  • Man, you have little for doing.
    Have you no job?

    Have you a sense of humour?




  • greenspurs wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Pearljammband?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

    55 comments underneath the original message about the Cease& Dessist .
    The majority of them are in favour of the tribute band .

    Spin (the black round shape) on that ....


    All their mates probably.




  • LillySV wrote: »
    Only ones being dicks about this are Pearl Jam... what a pack of greedy ...... They have their money made years ago.... back when they apparently tried to fight big companies like Ticketmaster to ensure the public didn’t have to pay as much fees to see bands... these days eddie vedder goes around chargin multiples of what other bands charge just to see him playing solo! They found that maybe they can feed on the powerless when they’re cups already overfilled! (Just in case they come to sue me, that last line is a twist of lyrics from “hunger strike!)


    The amount that Vedder charges for his solo shows is way too high, but the rest of what you are saying is nonsense. This tribute band is out there profiting from a trademarked act. They even sell t-shirts with "PJ" on them. In any other walk of life, that'd be trademark infringement, so why should it be any different?

    How much money they've made from their own music isn't relevant to this in any shape or form. Why should people be allowed to profit from other people's creations anyway? Tribute bands are great, but they should be making it clear that this is what they are - a tribute act. Pearl Jamm haven't been doing that.




  • Greenspurs, can't tell if you are a fan or not, as you've a put in a lot of time for that...bit.




  • PropJoe10 wrote: »
    The amount that Vedder charges for his solo shows is way too high, but the rest of what you are saying is nonsense. This tribute band is out there profiting from a trademarked act. They even sell t-shirts with "PJ" on them. In any other walk of life, that'd be trademark infringement, so why should it be any different?

    How much money they've made from their own music isn't relevant to this in any shape or form. Why should people be allowed to profit from other people's creations anyway? Tribute bands are great, but they should be making it clear that this is what they are - a tribute act. Pearl Jamm haven't been doing that.

    I doubt anyone’s coming upon Pearl jamms website thinking they’re buying original Pearl Jam t shirts. And what if a small cover band is makin a small bit of money from covering/mimicking a massive international act that made its millions years ago ... frig sake that’s what all pub and cover bands do!! Are Pearl Jam that greedy and miserable now that they have to keep an eye out and threaten some small acts/ordinary people from tryin to honor the band and make a living ... pretty sad. I bet that there’s more chance of fans buyin Pearl Jam back catalogue after hearing the cover band!

    What would u say if lady Gaga was on the papers for threatening legal action against a Cavan cover singer called lady gagga who plays in all the Cavan pubs...would ya back her doing it ?




  • fluke wrote: »
    Greenspurs, can't tell if you are a fan or not, as you've a put in a lot of time for that...bit.

    I was/am ....

    Yeh it took a bit of work, but couldnt be ar$ed putting any effort into the rest of the albums.......

    Same as the band so :P ;):D




  • While I generally have zero time for tribute bands, and feel there's enough talk about tribute bands on this thread already, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Pearl Jam directly who were responsible for the cease and desist.

    It's not like Stone was online and heard about the tribute band and went "hey!!". It was the lawyers and management people.

    That's their job. That's what they are paid to do. I doubt Pearl Jam even knew about it.




  • LillySV wrote: »
    I doubt anyone’s coming upon Pearl jamms website thinking they’re buying original Pearl Jam t shirts. And what if a small cover band is makin a small bit of money from covering/mimicking a massive international act that made its millions years ago ... frig sake that’s what all pub and cover bands do!! Are Pearl Jam that greedy and miserable now that they have to keep an eye out and threaten some small acts/ordinary people from tryin to honor the band and make a living ... pretty sad. I bet that there’s more chance of fans buyin Pearl Jam back catalogue after hearing the cover band!

    What would u say if lady Gaga was on the papers for threatening legal action against a Cavan cover singer called lady gagga who plays in all the Cavan pubs...would ya back her doing it ?


    I'm as big a fan of cover bands as anyone. I've seen Pearl Jem at least 10 times - but no, I don't think that cover bands should be selling merch and making money off a trademarked brand. Selling shirts with "PJ" on them is clear copyright infringement. I'm not sure what's unclear about that to you, but look, we both have our opinions and you're more than entitled to yours.


  • Advertisement


  • Let's not forget that for copyright law to be effective, you have to prove you've defended your copyright in some manner or form. This is just so they can stop potential future issues.

    Nice to know Pearl Jem changed the name. If I saw Light Years were playing, I likely wouldnt have gone




  • I just decided to start new cover band, it will be called Legal Jamm.




  • finhex wrote: »
    I just decided to start new cover band, it will be called Legal Jamm.

    :pac: :pac:

    Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), Liam Gallagher & Idles, King Kong Company, The Undertones

    Gigs '22 - Teenage Fanclub, Clutch





  • A tribute band selling merchandise opens up all kinds of cans of worms. I don't see why they don't just change the name and be done with it. It's pretty close to the original. Like some lidl and aldi biscuit brands!




  • Granadino wrote: »
    A tribute band selling merchandise opens up all kinds of cans of worms. I don't see why they don't just change the name and be done with it. It's pretty close to the original. Like some lidl and aldi biscuit brands!

    Yep. I can't imagine a tribute band called "Metallicaa" selling Metallicaa t-shirts getting away with that for too long. Much ado about nothing at all.




  • Mushy wrote: »
    If I saw Light Years were playing, I likely wouldnt have gone

    Jamiroquai tribute group?!




  • Jamiroquai tribute group?!

    I'd take any gig right now




  • Mushy wrote: »
    I'd take any gig right now

    The original Jamiroquai were great live!

    Anyway back on topic. I'm expecting Hyde Park to be cancelled. Considering Glastonbury was cancelled.




  • The original Jamiroquai were great live!

    Anyway back on topic. I'm expecting Hyde Park to be cancelled. Considering Glastonbury was cancelled.

    Every gig this year will be cancelled unfortunately


  • Advertisement


  • Pearl Jam European tour now confirmed for 2022, dates on https://pearljam.com/tour


Advertisement