Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Bride/Groom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Hey lovely ladies and gents,
    I'm April, 2021.
    My venue called today to say they are still prepared to host us, even at just 6 guests. They originally said they wouldn't so I'm feeling much more positive now. Regardless of numbers, it's going to be a brilliant day.

I have been deep in bridesmaid gown research. My findings:
    Depending on you budget BHLDN is the best site I've found. The dresses are gorgeous and they have lots of ideas for mix and match and help with colour palettes. They have a sale on at the moment.

The TFNC range on Asos is quite nice and a good price.

If you are creative then Monsoon have some interesting picks in their sale. I had my eye on a knee length velvet dress with stars for one of my maids.

Folkster is also fab. I've chosen one of their dresses for my maid of honour but will take a chance and wait until the shop reopens.
    Then I found this great site called Voodoo Vixen. Its a little bit different and great prices so I'm going to get dresses there for my 2 other ladies.

They can sort out their own shoes and I'll pick up little cardigans in Penneys.

I had a look at JJs House as well and thought they were grand but didn't have the something different I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I bought from the Gown House in Australia. Dresses cost 60euro - thought they'd be too good to be true but they are absolutely beautiful. I can't believe the price - really great quality - not cheap at all - colour is so rich and vibrant. My bridesmaids are a mix of all shapes and sizes so it's a fab one for all dress and flattering on each of them, they are delighted and so comfortable in them.

https://www.thegownhouse.com.au/collections/i-n-f-i-n-i-t-y-g-o-w-n-s

Pink11 wrote: »
    I bought from the Gown House in Australia. Dresses cost 60euro - thought they'd be too good to be true but they are absolutely beautiful. I can't believe the price - really great quality - not cheap at all - colour is so rich and vibrant. My bridesmaids are a mix of all shapes and sizes so it's a fab one for all dress and flattering on each of them, they are delighted and so comfortable in them.

https://www.thegownhouse.com.au/collections/i-n-f-i-n-i-t-y-g-o-w-n-s

The colours of the dresses are gorgeous but I'm not sure about the multi tie style.

On a separate note I found this image when I was scrolling threw One Fab Day. We all have different ideas when it comes to our wedding day but for me what's wrote on that sign is the stuff of nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Getting around to filling out the forms for the notification to marry, gathering photocopies of documents and realise that my passport is out of date as of 10 days ago! :(

Passport office is closed, I can submit an application online but they won't be processing anything until we're out of level 5. Boo!

How long before your date did you submit the forms? Our date is October, should be okay... Right??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Getting around to filling out the forms for the notification to marry, gathering photocopies of documents and realise that my passport is out of date as of 10 days ago! :(

Passport office is closed, I can submit an application online but they won't be processing anything until we're out of level 5. Boo!

How long before your date did you submit the forms? Our date is October, should be okay... Right??

I had the same problem. My passport was fine for the appointment last year but went out if date during the summer. I also plan on changing my name so didn't want to get a new passport until after the wedding. Long story short i called and they will accept a drivers licence, especially since its hard to know when the passport office may be back open, and there will surely be delays when it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You've 3 months/90days before the date afaik. We did ours fairly late on

Meet your sister. I had difficulty with my passport application and part of it was my own doing. Like you I now have to wait until we are out of level 5 to get my photo and signed Garda form in to them. My OH thinks we will have lots of time to book a slot for registration but I would rather book one now even though I haven't my passport yet.

I do think you will be fine though. Our date is also October. Double check all your paperwork before sending it off and if you haven't already done so, I would get my photo taken in a pharmacy. Submit everything and then at least it will be done on your end.

zedhead wrote: »
    I had the same problem. My passport was fine for the appointment last year but went out if date during the summer. I also plan on changing my name so didn't want to get a new passport until after the wedding. Long story short i called and they will accept a drivers licence, especially since its hard to know when the passport office may be back open, and there will surely be delays when it is.

Just so I'm clear, you asked the registration offices if they would accept your driving licence and they said yes? I'll get the ball rolling if so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just so I'm clear, you asked the registration offices if they would accept your driving licence and they said yes? I'll get the ball rolling if so.

My fiancé used his driver's license for the same reason last week and there was no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Getting Married the end of February, can't see anything but 6 of us.. But sure we'll kick on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

My fiancé used his driver's license for the same reason last week and there was no problem!

Great news, thanks guys! I'll use my driving licence so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Anyone here bothering with wedding insurance regarding Covid? i see government regulation are in the t&c of the policy's i've looked at

For the Intent to Marry interview?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

For the Intent to Marry interview?

Yup!

Also, I doubt many will be in the same situation as me but they were very understanding about the fact that I was having issues getting hold of a certified copy of my birth cert from my birth country. I brought along the original and proof of my contact with the embassy and they just asked that I send on a scan of the cert once I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

We took out a policy, think it €150 which i thought was worth paying given the total outlay for a wedding. For sure COVID circumstances wont be covered but thought it was worth it to cover anything else

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Yeah we took out wedding insurance even before anyone had heard of Covid-19. It's still worth having for all the things that can potentially go wrong.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I took out wedding insurance before they got around to changing the clauses for pandemics and government shut-downs. I must check the expiry on it - it's probably coming up next month I think.

Did the same for travel insurance for the honeymoon but luckily for both I didn't need to make any claims because any bookings and deposits were just moved to the new date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

We have wedding insurance (venue requested it) but it won't cover Covid.

We've come to the conclusion that we're gonna need to look at a new date- we were meant to be April 10th, but there's just too much uncertainty and cases aren't going down quick enough.

Aaaand we have a new date :D

Spoke to our venue last night and they offered us 7th August- a Saturday!!

So far our celebrant and photographer are both available, so that's €800 in deposits we won't lose! Just working through the other vendors now to try and keep as many as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Aaaand we have a new date :D

So far our celebrant and photographer are both available, so that's €800 in deposits we won't lose! Just working through the other vendors now to try and keep as many as possible.

Great date, fair play you must be delighted.

Out of interest were you hoping for more than 25? We’re debating whether even 25 in March / April will be realistic. Hard to know whether to stick or twist.

Raisins wrote: »

Out of interest were you hoping for more than 25? We’re debating whether even 25 in March / April will be realistic. Hard to know whether to stick or twist.

Yea we were hoping for 50+. 25 wouldn't even cover our immediate families and bridal party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Has anyone setup the intention to marriage meeting while abroad? I'm currenlty trying to set it up with the wedding in the Summer.

Originally we had planned to fly in and do the meeting sometime in March / April but with quarantine rules I don't think that will be possible. I've read that it should be possible to arrange it for a week before the date in some circumstances but am still waiting to hear back from the registration office about details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Congrats! 1 week after our new date. Were originally meant to be October 2020 but postponed.

Hoping to be able to go ahead with 50 people but who knows. We both don't have the energy to move it again so we will be proceeding regardless this July! Fingers crossed.

We have wedding insurance (venue requested it) but it won't cover Covid.

We've come to the conclusion that we're gonna need to look at a new date- we were meant to be April 10th, but there's just too much uncertainty and cases aren't going down quick enough.

We are 10th of April as well and just powering through. Fingers crossed

Raisins wrote: »

I think it will go back to 25 by April when cases fall. This is the worst it has been, so it can only get better (I hope). I think they will go back to allowing 25 like the did before Christmas. As lots will be vaccinated by April.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

cazzer22 wrote: »
    We are 10th of April as well and just powering through. Fingers crossed

We're April 10th and I came to the thread looking for anyone in a similar situation, didn't expect to find 2 people on the very first page I read! :P

We would be happy with 25. The hotel got in touch this morning, saying they can also offer dates in July/August but God only knows if things will be any better then.

Surely we'll be allowed 25 by the time April 10th rolls around..? :(

We're April 10th and I came to the thread looking for anyone in a similar situation, didn't expect to find 2 people on the very first page I read! :P

We would be happy with 25. The hotel got in touch this morning, saying they can also offer dates in July/August but God only knows if things will be any better then.

My logic was that, with the vaccine rollout things will HAVE to be getting better by August. Like there's no way they can't be when the 'plan' would see 90% of my guests would be done by that stage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Personally I'm hopeful that this will be our last level 5 lockdown. If the most vulnerable members of society have been vaccinated and the hospitals aren't being overwhelmed, it would be very difficult to justify further lockdowns.

I reckon there'll be a very gradual easing of restrictions between now and Easter. Starting with schools in February, then reopening construction and non-essential retail. At some stage before Easter I think we'll be in a kind of "level 3 plus" or "level 5 minus" situation (or level 4 if they ever decide to use it!), where restaurants will be allowed to reopen for outdoor dining and they'll lift the 5km limit. I think they'll wait until after Easter weekend at the beginning of April before they allow indoor dining for restaurants. At that point, I think we'll be back into proper level 3 territory, which allows 25 guests at a wedding.

So personally I'd be hopeful for your wedding on 10th April French Toast! I don't have a crystal ball, but it's just my own thoughts on how it might play out (I've thought about it a lot as we're mid-May!). Hopefully it'll mean that it will also be one of the safest times to host a wedding before the vaccines are fully rolled out. Community transmission is bound to be low after such a prolonged period of restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Is anyone else having trouble with their venue? If so could you maybe PM me? Nothing says romance like having to get a solicitor involved :)

Advertisement