Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster v Leinster Build Up Thread

• 19-01-2021 2:39pm
    Subscribers Posts: 40,951 ✭✭✭✭

probably the most eagerly awaited game since the end of last season (when was that again?)

Munster coming in with a rich vein of form with 8 wins and one loss (the xmas game where ulster wiped the floor with them in the belfast)

Leinster come in in disastrous form of 8 wins and one loss (when the u14s lost against the plucky greenhorns of the wesht)

bookies have this -3 to Leinster

IBF says that Leinster wont take the lead at any stage in the game

therefore guaranteed TBP for the boys in blue !!

have at it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭OldRio

'Possibles v Probables' for people of a certain vintage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

OldRio wrote: »
    'Possibles v Probables' for people of a certain vintage.

Some things never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Leinster vs Exiles for people of another certain vintage

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I can't wait to see Munster forced to regress to endless box kicks again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

molloyjh wrote: »

regress, or a plan that's worked for other teams?

the fact it was even brought up as a "well we don't like how they play it doesn't suit our plan" should be ridiculed far more :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

If the weather forecast of wind, rain and snow is right everyone will be box kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

bennyl10 wrote: »

the fact it was even brought up as a "well we don't like how they play it doesn't suit our plan" should be ridiculed far more :pac: :pac:

Leinster won though.

Leinster won though.

And yet they still decided to moan about the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Leinster getting in their excuses good and early I see....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

And yet they still decided to moan about the opposition.

Nothing new there. They blame other teams when they lose too. "We lost versus Saracens because other teams in the Pro 14!" No other teams in the Pro 14 were actually playing that game.

You could just blame the Dublin meeja,. but they're just printing what their readers want to read. And judging by this thread, they're exactly right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I don't think anyone from Leinster said it didn't suit their plan, just that it was an awful game.

I'd say most coaches would be happy with the opposition tactics if they only score 3 points in 80 minutes of a semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Impossible to see Leinster losing this.

They have learned their lesson from the Connacht game.
    The big game players, Healy, Ryan, henshaw know that the 6 nations is coming and they need to hit form.

Careful now benny, you might trip over your arm with all the reaching you're doing. :pac:

Seriously though, Munster have to be favourites here. All but a full strength team, at home, with a point to prove. Leinster could lose this and nobody would think twice about it. If Munster lose to Leinster again all the same questions will arise as before.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

The big game players, Healy, Ryan, henshaw know that the 6 nations is coming and they need to hit form.

Henshaw and Ryan gave timely reminders of their quality against Ulster too. Both had excellent performances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

As I said elsewhere, bit of a nothing game for Munster as we'll still be top of our conference regardless. Leinster with much more to play for. We should probably just play the kids.

(Full house?)

aloooof wrote: »
    As I said elsewhere, bit of a nothing game for Munster as we'll still be top of our conference regardless. Leinster with much more to play for. We should probably just play the kids.

(Full house?)

This is more like it. Give guys like Salanoa and McCarthy game time to see where they are at. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Rare we get this fixture so close to international season with all of the seniors available.

The 6 nations audition narrative has been harvested by the media recently and I must say I am enjoying it.

Virtually every player whose in a realistic position for Ireland minutes playing this weekend also has an opposite number who feels they deserve those Ireland minutes themselves. Will make it interesting indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Healy and Ryan are past due at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

anyone who says Ryan is out of form didn't watch the ulster game.

Careful now benny, you might trip over your arm with all the reaching you're doing. :pac:

Seriously though, Munster have to be favourites here. All but a full strength team, at home, with a point to prove. Leinster could lose this and nobody would think twice about it. If Munster lose to Leinster again all the same questions will arise as before.....

ah sure if you cant reach in a Munster Leinster thread what are we even doing here??:pac:

Pressure is surely on Leinster here, league wise? Sure they'll want to win, but they're all but guaranteed a spot in the knockouts(regardless of what way they fall). Leinster cant afford to not win a game they have over Ulster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

ah sure if you cant reach in a Munster Leinster thread what are we even doing here??:pac:

Pressure is surely on Leinster here, league wise? Sure they'll want to win, but they're all but guaranteed a spot in the knockouts(regardless of what way they fall). Leinster cant afford to not win a game they have over Ulster

given the rainbow cup won't happen, it's not a must win game.

pressure surely on Munster to prove that all this talk about being better than last time they played is fact and not fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is this on Premier Sport 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster, please keep it under 50 against the money laden, rigging Evil Empire. That's all us poor craturs can hope for.

aloooof wrote: »

(Full house?)

Some of the kids look more dangerous than the aul heads.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,951 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

PTH2009 wrote: »

according to ultimate rugby:

eir Sport 1 TV
    Pro14 TV Live Stream
    SuperSport CSN TV
    SuperSport Grandstand TV
    SuperSport Rugby TV

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Leinster will take the lead for the last time just before half time and will win with a bonus point, the shame of this will ultimately lead to the collapse of Munster rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Really hope this goes ahead, should be a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sydthebeat wrote: »
    according to ultimate rugby:

eir Sport 1 TV
    Pro14 TV Live Stream
    SuperSport CSN TV
    SuperSport Grandstand TV
    SuperSport Rugby TV

****e

Radio and deferred coverage on TG4 it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Presumably Cian Healy and Sexton will be completely anonymous for their entire time on the pitch and will then be guaranteed to start against Wales.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.premiersports.com/sports/pro14/fixtures

Advertisement