Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing the Current Affairs/IMHO forum

Comments

• And to use one of the more recent examples from the thread. A lecturer who has lived in Ireland since he was a child and this is the type of remarks from posters when he discussed experiences with racism "I know it is RTE, but I wonder if Tommy asked his guest about the Nigerian gangs trafficking children into Ireland for sex?". Basically painting a guy with the same brush based on nationality... So you can pick between xenophobia or racism with remarks like that.

Also I don't believe anyone has proven abusing a report button is responsible for threads being locked...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,129 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nullzero wrote: »
    Are you saying I deny racism?

Prove it.

Those dastardly uneven standards of evidence rearing their head again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Overheal wrote: »
    Is racism not a poor standard of discussion?

clutch at straws more

clutch at straws more

Clutching at straws is what I find it to be when people complain about reports shutting down their 'totally perfect conversation'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

And to use one of the more recent examples from the thread. A lecturer who has lived in Ireland since he was a child and this is the type of remarks from posters when he discussed experiences with racism "I know it is RTE, but I wonder if Tommy asked his guest about the Nigerian gangs trafficking children into Ireland for sex?". Basically painting a guy with the same brush based on nationality... So you can pick between xenophobia or racism with remarks like that.

Also I don't believe anyone has proven abusing a report button is responsible for threads being locked...

Talking about criminality coming out of a country where people happen to be black is racist?

If they said that is happening because of the skin colour of those involved, that's racist. As it stands it isn't.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Those dastardly uneven standards of evidence rearing their head again

You're saying I'm denying racism.

Prove it.

Otherwise this is just waffle.

Glazers Out!

You're saying I'm denying racism.

Prove it.

Otherwise this is just waffle.

Now you're getting it.
    In light of the fact that there are threads aplenty left to fester on this site regardless of their worthiness in terms of enlightened or relevant discussion and anything that upsets a certain cohort of users seems to be locked upon the commencement of complaints through feedback and reported posts, the simplest explanation may not be what you might think it is.

shamrockwaffles2.jpg?resize=1140%2C855

Now you're getting it.

shamrockwaffles2.jpg?resize=1140%2C855

What is this?

Show me denying racism please.

Glazers Out!

What is this?

Show me denying racism please.

Show threads being shut down because reporting of posts was abused?

Show threads being shut down because reporting of posts was abused?

I already spoke about how they were listed earlier in this thread.

Go read the thread.

You can't provide any evidence of me denying racism because none exists.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Jaysus lads...state of this thread now.

I already spoke about how they were listed earlier in this thread.

Go read the thread.

You can't provide any evidence of me denying racism because none exists.

Yeah, you provided a lot of waffle, without proof. Here we come full circle - or full waffle as it were.

Yeah, you provided a lot of waffle, without proof. Here we come full circle - or full waffle

Is it up to me to list things for your convenience that have already been posted on this very thread?

You're a big boy, go do your own research.

You are a moderator on this site and you feel you can go around making things up about people. So much for the basic "don't be a dick" doctrine.

Glazers Out!

osarusan wrote: »
    Jaysus lads...state of this thread now.

My thoughts exactly.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Is it up to me to list things for your convenience that have already been posted on this very thread?

You are a moderator on this site and you feel you can go around making things up about people. So much for the basic "don't be a dick" doctrine.

He's also a moderator who celebrated the death of a woman being trampled to death and said that conservatives were inherently stupid. I wouldn't waste my breath on this lad.

A moderator? Heaven's no, I finally retired. Someone hasn't done their own research, tsk.

I've been following along in the thread and have yet to see any proof emerge that there has been abuse of the reported post system, especially in regard to the thread you're acutely upset about being closed.

Methinks you're getting a little too worked up about this.

He's also a moderator who celebrated the death of a woman being trampled to death and said that conservatives were inherently stupid. I wouldn't waste my breath on this lad.

This never happened. Truly. Never spoke a word about the woman trampled, never even seen the video of the one trampled. I've already addressed this with you, even a site:boards.ie google demonstrated there is no evidence for your claim.

This never happened. Truly. Never spoke a word about the woman trampled, never even seen the video of the one trampled.

Just because you had your post deleted doesn't mean it didn't happen. Plenty saw it, you are as dishonest as they come.

Just because you had your post deleted doesn't mean it didn't happen. Plenty saw it, you are as dishonest as they come.

You are entirely mistaken.

In actual fact, I was quite relieved that Capitol security dispatched Ashley Babbitt, not the woman who was trampled.

A moderator? Heaven's no, I finally retired. Someone hasn't done their own research, tsk.

I've been following along in the thread and have yet to see any proof emerge that there has been abuse of the reported post system, especially in regard to the thread you're acutely upset about being closed.

Methinks you're getting a little too worked up about this.

You're accusing me of getting worked up? What a load of condescending nonsense.

You arrived in here posting like a madman making accusations you cannot back up whilst demanding evidence. Talk about posting in bad faith.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

You are entirely mistaken.

In actual fact, I was quite relieved that Capitol security dispatched Ashley Babbitt, not the woman who was trampled.

Then why quote a post about the trampled woman to express your glee? Just stop lying.

You're accusing me of getting worked up? What a load of condescending nonsense.

You just referred to me as a big boy and insinuated I was being a dick,
    You arrived in here posting like a madman making accusations you cannot back up whilst demanding evidence. Talk about posting in bad faith.

And are now calling me a 'madman' while demanding double standards of evidence.

Absolutely I am accusing you of getting worked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Talking about criminality coming out of a country where people happen to be black is racist?

If they said that is happening because of the skin colour of those involved, that's racist. As it stands it isn't.
    Of course it was not racist, but it does not surprise me that he thought it was. They see racism everywhere. Unsurprisingly the rest of the quote was not provided where the post deals with the lack of partially by RTE when it comes to race relations in Ireland. RTE sells the Ebun Joseph version of race in Ireland with little to no reporting about the racism exhibited by blacks on white people in this country; of which there are numerous examples including the Nkencho gang that racially abused the innocent people in the Spar in Blanchardstown solely based on their white skin colour.

Then why quote a post about the trampled woman to express your glee? Just stop lying.

I don't recall that it was such a post, and if it was then I was under the impression we were talking about Babbitt. I am only peripherally aware of a woman getting trampled, I haven't seen the video of that, it's certainly gotten far less notoriety.

I don't think you are allowed to post in this forum yet so I'll leave it there. Ha! 2021. Got me.

You just referred to me as a big boy and insinuated I was being a dick,

And are now calling me a 'madman' while demanding double standards of evidence.

Absolutely I am accusing you of getting worked up.

You get offended easily.

Saying you're a big boy in relation to you doing your own research is hardly offensive.

You accused me of denying racism, offered no evidence to support that claim, engaged in childish bickering including posting a stupid picture of a waffle, and I said so much for "don't be a dick". Is that not fair comment?

I said you were posting like a madman, perhaps the use of that term in Ireland alludes you, I was referring to you posting a lot of posts in quick succession. I was not calling you a madman. But then you're not Irish and don't have the same insight into Irish issues as most on this site so I can understand that.

Glazers Out!

You get offended easily.

Saying you're a big boy in relation to you doing your own research is hardly offensive.

You accused me of denying racism, offered no evidence to support that claim, engaged in childish bickering including posting a stupid picture of a waffle, and I said so much for "don't be a dick". Is that not fair comment?

I said you were posting like a madman, perhaps the use of that term in Ireland alludes you, I was referring to you posting a lot of posts in quick succession. I was not calling you a madman. But then you're not Irish and don't have the same insight into Irish issues as most on this site so I can understand that.

You've become completely unhinged now, so I will leave it there. My point has already been demonstrated. Waffle on.

I don't think you are allowed to post in this forum yet so I'll leave it there.

The charter states ; "To post in Feedback, you must have 100 posts on the site and have been a registered member for at least 3 months."

Why would you be so keen to see this poster having their access to the forum brought into question?

For reference, that poster is here well over 3 months and has more than 3 times the required post count.

Glazers Out!

You've become completely unhinged now, so I will leave it there. My point has already been demonstrated. Waffle on.

How have I become unhinged exactly?

I explained in detail why I used words that you took issue with.

Now you're attempting to take the moral high ground.

Utterly pathetic stuff.

Glazers Out!

The charter states ; "To post in Feedback, you must have 100 posts on the site and have been a registered member for at least 3 months."

Why would you be so keen to see this poster having their access to the forum brought into question?
    How have I become unhinged exactly?

I explained in detail why I used words that you took issue with.

Now you're attempting to take the moral high ground.

Utterly pathetic stuff.

Reinforces #2337. Later.

• Advertisement

Reinforces #2337. Later.

I'm unhinged because you wanted a poster barred from posting in a thread where they are entitled to post seemingly because they brought up things you said previously that you would rather were forgotten about?

Out of the two of us who is more unhinged exactly?

Glazers Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement