Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Watched "Outside the Wire" last night, echoes of mid nineties DTV sci-fi with a bit of Training day, not great

Trailer looked poor. Effects look good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Agreed, another one on the Golden State killer would be even better imo.

Is that Gary ridgeway? Oh sorry think he was the green river killer or something, another sick individual, he actually had his young son in the car when he killed one of his victims, took 20 years to catch him.

Who’s the golden state killer again?

The clip in the night stalker with the cat and the gun firing scared the sh*t out of me.,. Just watching it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

fin12 wrote: »
    Is that Gary ridgeway? Oh sorry think he was the green river killer or something, another sick individual, he actually had his young son in the car when he killed a woman, took 20 years to catch him.

Who’s the golden state killer again?

I'll be gone in the dark.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    I'll be gone in the dark.

Oh I know now, he was only caught in recent times. Was an ex cop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Outside the Wire was an awful load of rubbish.

It was so-so, seemed a bit soulless like many Netflix movies. Main guy was alright but the story was meh.

Night stalker:
    the chase of how he was arrested was absolutely amazing, that the way it should be the public and cops working together, I actually think that’s a very good tactic releasing the picture of the suspect as then he has nowhere to hide , just an unbelievable story, such a pity he wasn’t executed, apparently he turned green before he died so I’m guessing he suffered

Another 10/10 for Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Another recommendation for Nightstalker

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Should this Nightstalker thing have it's own thread at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Just watched the movie "tag". It was pretty good, better than I expected, fairly good bit of mindless entertainment if you're not looking for anything too heavy going.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,134 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Should this Nightstalker thing have it's own thread at this point?

God, yes, please. Happens on this thread with every new True Crime flavour of the month on Netflix.

joe40 wrote: »
    Just watched the movie "tag". It was pretty good, better than I expected, fairly good bit of mindless entertainment if you're not looking for anything too heavy going.

Yup, it was fine. Surprised I didn't hear about it when it came out, kind of thing I would be somewhat interested in.
    Doesn't overstay its welcome which tbh has become my main desire for something to watch these days. Tired of everything being over 2 hours.

Interesting this gambit show was discussed a hell of a lot here but didn’t see any posts requesting it to be moved to its own thread.

Just cause u don’t have an interest in a show that’s popular at a particular time, get over it and stop trying to dictate how much a show should be discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

pixelburp wrote: »
    God, yes, please. Happens on this thread with every new True Crime flavour of the month on Netflix.
    No, it's a netflix show. So it should be talked about here, if it was a prime video then yes.
    I hate these posts.
    It's a netflix recommendation/chat thread. From what I have been reading. Plenty of chat about other shows going on in the last 15 pages/even more over the months gone by

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Notdeco wrote: »
    No, it's a netflix show. So it should be talked about here, if it was a prime video then yes.
    I hate these posts.
    It's a netflix chat thread.

It's a Netflix recommendations thread. If a show is so popular that people are discussing every episode as they watch then I would think people would like a separate thread to do specifically that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

It's a Netflix recommendations thread. If a show is so popular that people are discussing every episode as they watch then I would think people would like a separate thread to do specifically that in.
    I was editing my post as you posted this. My point stands, imo

Another recommendation:

Broken Law.

Very good. N some funny moments.

I love watching Irish films .

That’s bullsh*t though a guard being denied a loan, they would have banks/credit union throwing loans at them.....

Ha nobody is discussing every episode of night stalker, clearly the people complaining haven’t even watched the show but that’s the main reason for the complaints: IM not interested in this show so don’t want to read posts about it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sun Dogs.

This film was so silly but yet funny and sad at the same time. It's about young man that has his heart set on joining the military but after continually getting rejected he finally catches a break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Think there's a thread for it on the true crime forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Boy Erased
    Director: Joel EdgertonCast: Lucas Hedges, Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe
    Sent to conversion therapy by his faith-based parents, a young man struggles to reconcile his sexual identity with his family's Christian beliefs.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Watched 2 episodes of night stalker and just couldn’t get into it, seems to be just a catalogue of each murder but not much into the actual investigation and seems to be missing an edge that some other similar true crimes series have. I must be missing something as I havnt heard any other negative reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭lucalux

Really liked Informer.

Solid cast, a list of 'you'll know them from other things' kind of crowd, but Paddy Considine is always excellent imo.

Bel Powley is great. I thought I recognised her from Outlander, but it was the Mary Shelley movie from a couple of years ago
    Main lad Nabhaan Rizwan (Raza) is excellent, look forward to seeing what he ends up in in future

Well paced, looks great, and enough twists to hold interest right to the last minute.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,211 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thought Back to Life was really good. Watched the whole season in one sitting last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Interesting this gambit show was discussed a hell of a lot here but didn’t see any posts requesting it to be moved to its own thread.

Just cause u don’t have an interest in a show that’s popular at a particular time, get over it and stop trying to dictate how much a show should be discussed.

The Queen's Gambit had its own thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115394682

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Finished the first season of Superstore

Very sweet and charming show; not the funniest comedy you'll ever see, the characters have all been done before elsewhere, but enjoyable and entertaining

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: While we have no problem with a bit of chat here, as ever we encourage people to talk in detail about any given show or film in its own thread if there’s enough interest in it. Obviously that could well be one for the television forum rather than here, but a separate thread is often a much smoother and focused way of discussing a show if the interest is there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Finished the first season of Superstore

Very sweet and charming show; not the funniest comedy you'll ever see, the characters have all been done before elsewhere, but enjoyable and entertaining

Yeah well put, I used to catch odd episodes on one of the ITV channels and enjoyed them, so it's nice to watch them from the start.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mod note: While we have no problem with a bit of chat here, as ever we encourage people to talk in detail about any given show or film in its own thread if there’s enough interest in it. Obviously that could well be one for the television forum rather than here, but a separate thread is often a much smoother and focused way of discussing a show if the interest is there :)

and spolier tags should be used at all times if there is not thread for the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Another recommendation:

Broken Law.

Very good. N some funny moments.

I love watching Irish films .

That’s bullsh*t though a guard being denied a loan, they would have banks/credit union throwing loans at them.....

Watched about 10 minutes last night, John Connors is not my taste so switched off

Advertisement