Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the best thing you bought during lock down

Options
  • 16-01-2021 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Mine was 4 smart television for kids bedrooms, cheap babysitter and a 35 mil spirit measure cost 2 euro for my evening tipple I used to have a heavy hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

kerryjack wrote: »
    Mine was 4 smart television for kids bedrooms, cheap babysitter and a 35 mil spirit measure cost 2 euro for my evening tipple I used to have a heavy hand.

How much for the babysitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Plug in heated car seat. Far cheaper than heating the house and great for my back as I cruise in 5k laps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Guerilla glue seeds

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

English fanny measures.

Drink up, you're in your Aunties.

I bought chloroform and some zip ties. The peace is bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

A ferociously expensive soldering iron from UK. Arrived shortly before the Brex :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Shares in Ryan Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

A shed, need a place to get away from wife and kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Pair of Asics running shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

I bought a Kindle in March just as things were starting to get hairy.

Best thing I ever bought. I've read close to a book a week since

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Food

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Some Bitcoin and Ethereum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I never allowed kids have tvs in bedroom. No regrets, didn't want them stuck In bedrooms not interacting

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

A wife

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

A bike.

Copious amounts of drink.

A bird feeder

Ive turned into some weird ould lad now,

Taking pics and looking up what the different birds are,and buying different types of seed for em

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Replaced the dining table with a pool table, love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

On the practical front... laptop to wfh.

On the fun front...a virtual wine tasting.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

A bird feeder

Ive turned into some weird ould lad now,

Taking pics and looking up what the different birds are,and buying different types of seed for em

Yes I've had one for a while but now that I'm at home I can look at them all day.
    You see the different bird hierarchies where I live, seagulls are top of the food chain and can take whatever they want whenever they want, but they don't show up that often.
    Starlings are nutjobs.
    I love magpies, I noticed lately that they get bits of food and they hide it in my garden for later, under bits of bark or leaves, really smart. They also dip bread and other stuff into water I leave out to make things more palatable.
    The highlight of the summer was when there was a sparrowhawk ripping a smaller bird apart on my back garden wall, I nearly died with the excitement.

Yes I've had one for a while but now that I'm at home I can look at them all day.
    You see the different bird hierarchies where I live, seagulls are top of the food chain and can take whatever they want whenever they want, but they don't show up that often.
    Starlings are nutjobs.
    I love magpies, I noticed lately that they get bits of food and they hide it in my garden for later, under bits of bark or leaves, really smart. They also dip bread and other stuff into water I leave out to make things more palatable.
    The highlight of the summer was when there was a sparrowhawk ripping a smaller bird apart on my back garden wall, I nearly died with the excitement.

I had today,for first time a robin eat the fat balls.....and have a cluster of wrens,but they never eat seeds etc i notice....but when i move the sticks from the stack to light the fire,they swarm to it after bugs etc i presume

An endless amount of chaffinches and gold finches,they love niger seeds and fat balls

Theres also 2 doves about,i just throw them rolled oats on the ground,......though i read some where that your not supposed to feed the small birds,too long into the spring/summer as they dont get enough protein etc for the young off it

• Advertisement

Blue tits are cool, I haven't seen any gold finches yet unfortunately. I love wood pigeons they're so stupid and dumb looking and fat, but any time I try and give them food they fly away and others eat everything before they come back, idiots.
    Just around the corner from me we get flocks of brent geese feeding, they fly right over my house, wek wek wek wek wek wek, these fellows come all the way from Greenland every year, to Raheny of all places.
    I'm going to get binoculars eventually, this is where I'm at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Blue tits are cool, I haven't seen any gold finches yet unfortunately. I love wood pigeons they're so stupid and dumb looking and fat, but any time I try and give them food they fly away and others eat everything before they come back, idiots.
    Just around the corner from me we get flocks of brent geese feeding, they fly right over my house, wek wek wek wek wek wek, these fellows come all the way from Greenland every year, to Raheny of all places.
    I'm going to get binoculars eventually, this is where I'm at.

Leave out cabbage or kale leaves for the wood Pigeons, or grow them some Wheatgrass if you want to spoil them

Leave out cabbage or kale leaves for the wood Pigeons, or grow them some Wheatgrass if you want to spoil them

Would they eat lettuce? I have loads in fridge. The sign in my local park says not to give bread to the ducks, give them lettuce it says. So I brought some down a while ago and they saw me and all came over, threw the lettuce in, they sniffed at it and turned the duck armada around, zero interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,863 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Large monitor which has been brilliant when working on laptop at home.
    Also upgraded to a kindle paperwhite (got very cheap in Amazon sale) and much prefer it to my old original kindle.
    The fact it has a backlight is great as well as being waterproof so you can read in the bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I bought a bird house feeder from https://www.electric-fence.co.uk/. I love it. I've loads of birds. I agree the thickest are the wood pigeons. The most nervous are the collared doves followed closely by the blackbirds. The blackbirds and thrushes LOVE grapes. I cut them in half to make sure they're not a choking hazzard. They gobble them up.

The tit family are the bravest. They are so fast.....

The nyjer seeds are a waste. In general none of my birds are bothered about them.

The suet balls brings out the worst in all the birds. They scrap over them even though I refill them regularly. It's like their cocaine.....

I bought an outdoor pizza oven that I love too. An Ooni Koda 16 - massive hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

€550 Threadmill - used twice :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 vurstflavor

500 condoms 10 cents each

500 condoms 10 cents each

Look at you, with your fancy ****.

Cheaper than washing two loads of socks a week in the washing machine, or using up your emergency supply of bogroll I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Paint !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Squire Classic Vibe Jazzmaster

Advertisement