Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW19 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    West ham players have been doing great!
    I have had Cresswell and soucek since day 1.
    I am giving Cresswell some serious thought actually

I've captained Cresswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I was all set on TC'ing KDB. I'm now leaning towards Salah. KDB better fixtures but I just think Salah is more explosive even though KDB is coming into form. Such a hard one to call.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry, think only a Mod can edit a poll!

Had a little look, can't see an option for me to edit the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

but1er wrote: »
    I've captained Cresswell

Love the gamble, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sterling TC.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sterling TC.
    Have you been drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

manual_man wrote: »
    Have you been drinking

I have a gut feeling, although it might turn out to be indigestion...

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I have a gut feeling, although it might turn out to be indigestion...
    :D Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Really tough one. Not a standout TC for me though so going to save that until later on in season. Currently KDB but not a bullish shout. City have the potential to steamroll a team at home sometime soon, maybe Palace will be that team. Think the Villa game is tougher though. Giving Cancelo the armband is tempting if he was guaranteed to start both. How he hasn't scored or assisted in the last few is astonishing. Don't think I'll have to bottle to give him the armband though - I'll see how I feel closer to 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think I'm chickening out and going Salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Salah TC....who's with me so we can form a preemptive support group?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tandey

Any thoughts on captaining Foden? Don’t have Kdb and don’t fancy Bruno or Salah this gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fitz* wrote: »
    But Spurs are playing a game of score one goal and sit back and defend deep for the rest of the game. It limits the potential of multiple goals.

City aren't exactly racking up the goals either though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there not a very real chance of at least one of the villa games getting canceled again?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tandey wrote: »
    Any thoughts on captaining Foden? Don’t have Kdb and don’t fancy Bruno or Salah this gw.

Foden is very boom or bust. There has typically not been a reliable trend between him getting to start games even when he has played well in the last game.

He was been great against Chelsea and Brighton, but if I was asked to do a coin flip bet I would be saying that the odds of him starting both games are a little bit lower than 50%.

I think you should captain Salah. I can’t imagine they haven’t been busting a gut since that Southampton to make sure to be back to their best in time for this United game.

They haven’t actually lost a home league game since Salah joined the club, so while that West Brom blank stings fresh in the mind, he had 29 points from his last 3 home games before that.

Rather than isolate it to a couple of games, a better statistic might be that he has 58 points from 7 home games this season.

Overall, he has actually done similarly well away also, but I still think 2 home games is the perfect opportunity for him to get back firing again, so I think De Bruyne is the only legitimate rival to him for the armband this week.

With 2 hours to go to deadline, I’m leaning towards Salah.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there not a very real chance of at least one of the villa games getting canceled again?

I wouldn’t say it is that much more real, relative to the other games this week. The training ground opens today, and you wouldn’t anticipate them letting anyone into it now who wasn’t confirmed as negative following the rigorous controls that will have been put in place following the outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say it is that much more real, relative to the other games this week. The training ground opens today, and you wouldn’t anticipate them letting anyone into it now who wasn’t confirmed as negative following the rigorous controls that will have been put in place following the outbreak.

I thought it opens tomorrow?

I thought it opens tomorrow?

You might be right, but I’d literally just watched one of those nutter hosts on Talksport on a rant about how the game wasn’t going ahead despite Villa being able to open the training ground from today.

Either way, I think the protocols will be strong when reentering, so I don’t think we’re at heightened risk of recurrence. That hasn’t been the case at Newcastle, City or Fulham yet when they reopened so I guess that’s enough to trust the process until presented with new information.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

Triple captain Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

In Mo we trust....

I am predicting he gets a controversial VAR peno v Man Utd, then Burnley at home could be anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Seriously thinking of triple capt KDB now but trying so hard not to do it.... Very silly with the villa situation to do it but it feels right... I can keep it till another opportunity later in the season...

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Last night I was fairly set on not playing TC. But thinking that if I don't use it now, I'll more than likely want to be playing BB for the next double; so unless there's another double, I could be playing TC in a single GW. Not majorly against that, think it's even a good option to have for the GW if you need a last throw of the dice to get up the ranks. Anyone have any thoughts about using TC in single vs DGW? Has anyone still got TC and BB and playing none in this DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Last night I was fairly set on not playing TC. But thinking that if I don't use it now, I'll more than likely want to be playing BB for the next double; so unless there's another double, I could be playing TC in a single GW. Not majorly against that, think it's even a good option to have for the GW if you need a last throw of the dice to get up the ranks. Anyone have any thoughts about using TC in single vs DGW? Has anyone still got TC and BB and playing none in this DGW?

Have both and hardly considered playing them until this morning. Still think I'll hold it, not a lot of form between KDB and Salah and covid postponements are still seriously possible.

It is unquestionable that there will be more DGWs. Leeds v Southampton, Everton vs Man City, Aston Villa v Everton, Burnley v Fulham all to be rearranged, without even considering the games that are dislodged by League Cup Final and FA Cup postponements.

Treble gameweeks not even completely out of the question if Covid chaos becomes hectic enough. Largely because the Euros won’t be delayed, considering other major leagues don’t seem as badly affected as the Premier League right now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

(C)resswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Would of loved the TC on Salah but ultimately the BB was always the plan & team was set up for it.

A huge Captain haul will still do though!

I can't choose between
    Foden (fixtures, good form last 2 games)
    Fernandes (season form)
    Vardy (gut? Which is always wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Do I triple captain Salah? I am actually considering it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I can't choose between
    Foden (fixtures, good form last 2 games)
    Fernandes (season form)
    Vardy (gut? Which is always wrong)

If no Salah then I would go Vardy.

Thing about Salah and Vardy is that they are both rested, they are both vital to their teams, both on penalties and fixtures while not great arent exactly horrific. Vardy should easily have 1 + attacking return in each of his games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Vardy KDB or Salah??

Ffs this could be huge haha!

Advertisement