Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek 19 Match Day thread

Options
  • 16-01-2021 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Martinez
    Cancelo Dias Holding
    Pulisic KdB(TC) Salah Bruno El-Ghazi
    Antonio Werner

1st sub Ayling, starting on -8 let's go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

DCL out Cavani in
    Starting line up has a bit of shape
    Spurs have just one game

Mendy
    Zouma chillwell dier
    Son Bruno sterling soucek
    Kane cavani bamford

Bemch:mcCarthy, mendy, mitchell, strujk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What do we think start Kane, seems like the sane thing to do, or get double fever and start Lookman? On the fence on this one. It's always more fun having a double player but at the same time it's Kane you don't go benching him!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Martinez
    Cancello, Robbo, Dias
    Salah (TC), Bruno, Son, Grealish, Soucek
    Vardy, Bamford

Dallas first sub then KWP
    Took a minus 4 to get Vardy in for Martial
    Might change Martinez for Johnstone who was supposed to be part of a BB

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Hoping for Sterling to redeem himself after the 8 minute fiasco during the week.
    And with Cavani In Martial on the doubtful list could come in favor here
    Id use my wildcard based on having the triple spurs in with jist one game, but the way games are being postponed it could prove a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Minus 4 taken, bench boost activated.

Martinez Johnstone
    Coufal Robertson Maguire Stones Cancelo
    Salah(c) Soucek Bruno Maddison Raphinha
    Bamford Kane Watkins

Just hoping KDB doesn't go crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Have Mccarthy bamford & Dallas on bench. Do I BB or not? I have 10/11 starters on a DGW and thinking about TC Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 32,881 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    What do we think start Kane, seems like the sane thing to do, or get double fever and start Lookman? On the fence on this one. It's always more fun having a double player but at the same time it's Kane you don't go benching him!

Definitely start Kane. Even if you ignore the fact that Kane’s fixture is way better than Lookman’s fixtures. Kane needs approximately half as many minutes per point as Lookman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Took a minus 8. Hoping fir the best !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm on

Martinez

Cresswell Coufal Justin

Salah (C) Bruno Son Grealish

Vardy Antonio Wilson

Subs - McCarthy Raphinha Taylor Mitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Shanee. wrote: »
    Have Mccarthy bamford & Dallas on bench. Do I BB or not? I have 10/11 starters on a DGW and thinking about TC Salah

I have them on my bench. But I also have Grealish and Martinez in the team and no guarantee that the Villa games will go ahead or that they will play (Grealish has made just one post on Twitter in the last week which could mean he has better things to do like get treated for Covid). And who knows what other games will get cancelled over the next week. Plus McCarthy is against Leceister and Ings is out and McCarthy just back from Covid so I suspect it will be backs to the wall for Southampton and I don't know if I fancy McCarthy to keep a clean sheet having been ill. He may not even play.

I keep a playing bench usually anyway. So I will hold the Bench boost and play it later in the season when it looks likely that all games will go ahead. I would only play the bench boost if they had doubles and it was worth the risk. A single now or a single on a few weeks. Makes little difference and far less risk to hold it.

EDIT: Looked ahead at the fixtures. Given that my bench usually is a rotation of low price assets from the likes of Leeds, Southampton, Villa, Burnley Game week 23 looks like a good chance to play the bench boost with those teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Planned towards BB-ing all along, Leeds game off and some injuries mean it's a non runner for me so I took a -8 and for the crack to try and get who I actually want on my team (City assets and an old friend called Timo). I usually am against taking hits but this season is gone to ****e, I may enjoy it now! Oh and Mo gets the TC.....

Fab (I think he starts)
    Justin, Robbo, Stones
    KDB, Salah (TC), Mount, Maddison, Gundogan
    Timo, Watkins

Meslier, Bamford, Dallas, Taylor

Good luck all, please can we have more goals this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Free hit.

Ederson

TAA. Zouma. Stones. Justin. Creswell.

Pulisic. Kdb. Salah(c) Soucek

Vardy.

All dgw players.
    Went against the template a bit no man utd players, I think their bubble is about to burst.
    One or two differentials in Pulisic and Taa!!
    I think most should play both matches
    Looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Martinez
    Zouma, Dias, Cresswell
    Salah(c), Bruno, Grealish, Maddison, Bowen
    Kane, Bamford

My cup opponent has Vardy and my H2H opponent in my league has KDB (TC) . Looking forward for this sh*tshow to begin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

shmeee wrote: »
    Planned towards BB-ing all along, Leeds game off and some injuries mean it's a non runner for me so I took a -8 and for the crack to try and get who I actually want on my team (City assets and an old friend called Timo). I usually am against taking hits but this season is gone to ****e, I may enjoy it now! Oh and Mo gets the TC.....

Fab (I think he starts)
    Justin, Robbo, Stones
    KDB, Salah (TC), Mount, Maddison, Gundogan
    Timo, Watkins

Meslier, Bamford, Dallas, Taylor

Good luck all, please can we have more goals this GW.

I feel the same way regarding this season.
    Losing interest fast despite being 60k in overall rank. Games cancelled last minute and so the feeling of uncertainty makes the game less enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Martinez Johnstone
    Dias Coufal Lowton KWP Dallas
    KDB(c) Salah Bruno Son Soucek
    Bamford Antonio Wilson

Bench boost active, 26 possible games. This is why we play the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Meslier
    Robertson Dias Coufal Justin
    Salah KDB (TC) Son Bruno
    Antonio Bamford

Honestly torn between KDB and Salah for TC but on Salah for now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Play Grealish or Coufal?

I already have Soucek & Antonio from West Ham, mad to triple up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

On a -8 mainly to get KDB, have 10 DGWers, & holding triple captain:

Martinez

Robbo TAA James Dias

KDB (c) Salah Bruno Grealish Foden

Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Going down in flames in style...hit taken and TC activated...

Martinez

Stones | Dias | Coufal | Robertson

KDB | Raphinha | Bruno | Salah (TC)

Kane | Antonio

Subs: Anguissa | Mitchell | Brewster

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Johnstone

Targett, Dias, Robbo, Chilwell

KDB. Salah, Bruno, Grealish, Soucek

Antonio

McCarthy, Dallas, Bamford, Davis

No BB, very tempted by TC on KDB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dahat wrote: »
    Play Grealish or Coufal?

I already have Soucek & Antonio from West Ham, mad to triple up?

I would go Coufal, expect low scoring games

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

This COVID adds in another big factor to consider as if it wasn’t hard enough!

I’ve Bamford, Son and Dier on the bench but 3 villa players playing, scouring the web for info on villa but I think I’ll save BB for later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Kind of at a loss of what to do here, was feeling pretty happy until the cancellations.

I'm in a mini league that's broken into two halves - this is the final week of the first half. I hold a 4 and 18 point lead over my two rivals. The 18 point lead is playing TC this week, probably on Salah (or KdB)

I have one FT so was thinking maybe Dallas -> Dawson so I'm not risking a Leeds triple up. I have 0 money in the bank!

tBx3Up0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

A lot of teams are playing each other(duh, sounds obvious) but what I mean is that a lot of my players play more players in my team, which doesn't inspire confidence in generating massive points.

I do hope to go over the 100points mark, but wouldn't surprise me if I didn't.

I have KDB as captain at the moment but I'm possibly going to change to souchek - his form/fixtures seem to be easier, KDB has blanked a couple of times recently and that has hurt me ... So I'm aware he "should" get a decent return this week, but for some reason... I'm a bit worried over man city - the recent covid outbreak could have the same effect it has had on Newcastle, where they can't seem to get anything right at the moment.

I see a lot of people bench boosting and triple captaining and more power to them, if it works for them...fair play.

I'm afraid that this double gameweek will be like many over the years where those expected to get good points hauls often disappoint, I'm holding off until the next double gameweek,

Best of luck people...I hope I outscore you but ... In a nice way.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

AdMMM wrote: »
    Kind of at a loss of what to do here, was feeling pretty happy until the cancellations.

I'm in a mini league that's broken into two halves - this is the final week of the first half. I hold a 4 and 18 point lead over my two rivals. The 18 point lead is playing TC this week, probably on Salah (or KdB)

I have one FT so was thinking maybe Dallas -> Dawson so I'm not risking a Leeds triple up. I have 0 money in the bank!

tBx3Up0.png

Would u get a West Ham defender for Dallas? 2 home games for them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,881 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdMMM wrote: »

tBx3Up0.png

I think all I’d look to do in your position is shift one of your Leeds defenders (they both have good attacking returns but can you really trust a Leeds defensive double up) for someone with a DGW (ideally West Ham).

Dallas would be preferable to keep as Alioski’s place is less secure when Leeds have 2 fit CBs that aren’t Ayling, but Alioski’s price might make him the harder one to move to another decent DGW player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I'm going Mount over Bruno on the FH due to the potential yellow card issue, could be a poor decision but let's see

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Who to start out of Dallas (BHA) and ESR (NEW)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Had built my team to BB this week, but Leeds v Southampton being off, Taylor being possibly still injured and doubts over which Villa players had Covid makes it too much of a risk.

Johnstone
    Cougar, Dias, Chilwell
    Salah (c), KDB, Fernandes, Grealish, Barnes
    Bamford, Wood

Martinez, Adams, Dallas, Taylor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

On a -8 mainly to get KDB, have 10 DGWers, & holding triple captain:

Martinez

Robbo TAA James Dias

KDB (c) Salah Bruno Grealish Foden

Bamford

I read this as you were triple captaining Rob Holding!!

Advertisement