Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to get a decent tree for next year?

Options
  • 15-01-2021 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭

Need to get a decent one for next year

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Homestore and More is where I got my tree have it about 5 years now. Holding together well and very thick and full.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,143 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We got ours from littlewoods (I think) about 5 or 6 years ago & we love it, still looks new.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Got two from littlewoods and both are full. The 1st is 6 years old and still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We get a real tree so can't help much. The places the guys suggested already are always popular and then you have places like Woodies and The Range.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Thanks everyone.

Its hard to pick them online as they all look amazing on the pictures and the quality can vary hugely when you see then up. Will look at these options

We got a real tree this year too but the kids wanted it up early in December so it was really shabby by the 6th (and probably not particularly safe from a fire hazard perspective)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,143 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Akrasia wrote: »
    We got a real tree this year too but the kids wanted it up early in December so it was really shabby by the 6th (and probably not particularly safe from a fire hazard perspective)

Whilst still a potential hazard, LED lights have reduced the risk significantly as far less heat is generated. Though yes watering them is crucial in terms of how quickly a fire can develop once started. See below.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I have put an order in from Christmas tree world in the UK. Friend has a beautiful one from them. Not cheapest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

dubstepper wrote: »
    I have put an order in from Christmas tree world in the UK. Friend has a beautiful one from them. Not cheapest though.

Link????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I have an extinguisher beside the tree. Some bloody difference though, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Masala wrote: »
    Link????
    Sorry here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Keep an eye on this place, we bought our new tree there at start of December (we were starting to get worried we wouldn't find the one we wanted before Christmas 2020).

https://www.christmasland.ie

Advertisement