Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Song of the 2000's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

The Ravenoettes

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Robbie Williams here

• Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Ravenoettes is a better song, but just doesn't hit me as Chrismassy.

So voting for Robbie Williams.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Loughc wrote: »
    The next matchup is;

The Ravenoettes - The Christmas Song

Robbie Williams - time for change

First to 5.

Well, I have to say that I was all set to vote for The Ravenottes until I listened to Robbie Williams' song and I have to admit his song is the better of the two. It's a very pleasant, almost nostalgic, tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

The Raveonettes, I love that song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Robbie Williams

Was surprised to see he released it for Christmas 2019 as I have no recollection of hearing it that Christmas, and first heard it in 2020 on Christmas FM, I tend to like Robbie Williams anyway but thought this was Robbie at his nostalgic, melodic best... this was downloaded and added to my playlist pretty early after Christmas FM launched.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Robbie for me :)

Also, I'm the exact same, DvB- no recollection of that song in 2019. :confused:

DvB wrote: »
    Robbie Williams
    Was surprised to see he released it for Christmas 2019 as I have no recollection of hearing it that Christmas, and first heard it in 2020 on Christmas FM, I tend to like Robbie Williams anyway but thought this was Robbie at his nostalgic, melodic best... this was downloaded and added to my playlist pretty early after Christmas FM launched.

* Already voted, this is just a discussion comment

Strangely this is the Robbie song I remember from Christmas 2020, Can't Stop Christmas Time... which hasn't aged well :(

odyssey06 wrote: »
    * Already voted, this is just a discussion comment

Strangely this is the Robbie song I remember from Christmas 2020, Can't Stop Christmas Time... which hasn't aged well :(

I was only aware of that one as I mentioned liking 'time for change' to my Mrs she thought I meant that one 'cant stop christmas' which she wasn't overly keen on, so we you-tubed it & i copped I had heard it on Christmas FM in the background when working, remember thinking at the time it was odd Robbie having 2 singles out at the same time for Christmas, hence checking back to see when they were released & discovering time for change was a year old.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Robbie for me :)

Also, I'm the exact same, DvB- no recollection of that song in 2019. :confused:

And Robbie take the win.

I do recollect this song from Robbie William in 2019 as it's from his Christmas Album in 2019 which he re-released in 2020 with the new song Can't Stop Christmas.

The Christmas album is decent, a mix of covers with originals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is still a great shout. Been loving listening to it all season.

Shout out for other new Christmas music which holds up over the years Sia - Santa’s coming for us, John Legend - Bring me love and Robbie Williams new Christmas album.

From the ChristmasFM thread from last year, I did say I was a fan of it :P

Right next matchup. No work this weekend to interrupt me :D

The Darkness - Christmas Time Don't let the bells end

Faith hill - Where are you Christmas?

First to 5.

The darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

The darkness... its probably the only Christmas song in that period I consider a classic

It's getting harder and harder to choose...

Faith Hill, Where Are You Christmas?

Faith Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Faith Hill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

The Darkness for me.

3-3 good matchup so far :)

Both poor but Faith Hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I plump for The Darkness. It's cheesy but entertaining! Plus puts it at 4-4!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I plump for The Darkness. It's cheesy but entertaining! Plus puts it at 4-4!

The Darkness, cheesy but good fun

The Darkness, cheesy but good fun

And the darkness advances.

The next matchup is;

Hudson Taylor - How I know it’s Christmas

Sara Barellies - Winter Song

First to 5.

I’m going to kick the voting off myself with Hudson Taylor as I feel it’s more of a Christmas song and the artist are Irish.

I’m going to kick the voting off myself with Hudson Taylor as I feel it’s more of a Christmas song and the artist are Irish.

Agree, but Christmas FM almost ruined it for me, Christmas 2019 they played it to death. More than any other song I ever remember them playing across a season... I was so sick of it at the time. Hearing it less in 2020 I appreciated it more, so they get my vote in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Baybay

Not fair! Love both of these.

Hmm. Keeping it local so.

Hudson Taylor it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

DvB wrote: »
    Agree, but Christmas FM almost ruined it for me, Christmas 2019 they played it to death. More than any other song I ever remember them playing across a season... I was so sick of it at the time. Hearing it less in 2020 I appreciated it more, so they get my vote in this one.

Totally ruined it for me to be honest so mine going to Sara Barellies - Winter Song

Yeah was way over played. Sara for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sara Barellies - Winter Song for me :)

If I never heard Hudson Taylor again, I'd be happy!

Advertisement