Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving from II to Degiro

• 13-01-2021 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I want to move my portfolio from ii to degiro mainly because of fees. Looks like doing a transfer can be a little costly so am thinking of biding my time and selling my holdings bit by bit on ii and buying through Degiro.

Am I missing something other than the potential to sell and buy at the wrong time? I have some shares that pay dividends so is there a optimal way to sell and buy and not lose a dividend?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Not an accountant but I would imagine depending on the size of the sale and how much if anything you've made on it you would be subject to capital gains tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭daheff

I did the same recently. Found it easier to sell & rebuy.

'luckily' :( I didn't have big gains to worry about for tax purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Thanks guys, I think sell and rebuy is what I'll do.

Advertisement