Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus considering escooters and demand responsive transport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

GT89 wrote: »
    Heard in the Sunday Business Post (behind paywall) that Dublin Bus is looking at expanding to e-scooters and demand responsive transport in order to boost it's commercial arm (Airlink and Tours) which took a major hit in 2020.
    https://www.businesspost.ie/transport/dublin-bus-weighs-up-e-scooter-and-minivan-services-6d5b54a6

Do you get a driver to thank when you get off the scooter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Do you get a driver to thank when you get off the scooter?

Lol

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Great idea and one I welcome if they sort out the absurdity of the Road Traffic laws in this regard.
    However, I hope that it will be open to competition and DB should not be allowed anywhere near having a monopoly on the service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Great idea and one I welcome if they sort out the absurdity of the Road Traffic laws in this regard.
    However, I hope that it will be open to competition and DB should not be allowed anywhere near having a monopoly on the service.

This would be part of the DB commercial arm not PSO which is about 99% of DB so would be open to competition if it goes ahead.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

A Road Traffic Bill covering e-scooter regulation and a few other things is expected very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Peregrine wrote: »
    A Road Traffic Bill covering e-scooter regulation and a few other things is expected very soon.

Any year now....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

If they are made legal Lime et al will swoop in and provide. No need to have Dublin Bus, which can barely run a bus service, expanding into and ****ing up other markets at tax payers expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

If they are made legal Lime et al will swoop in and provide. No need to have Dublin Bus, which can barely run a bus service, expanding into and ****ing up other markets at tax payers expense.

And Go Ahead have sorted that mess right out, haven't they.....?

Advertisement