Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell *Mod note in op*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Neither them nor their car were ever found, and it was a quite unusual car.
    Anyway it's very unlikely to be Mrs Dwyer if, according to the latest update, the remains were in situ for 1-5 years. I'm sure if it is Tina she'll be identified soon or definitively ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

julyjane wrote: »
    Anyway it's very unlikely to be Mrs Dwyer if, according to the latest update, the remains were in situ for 1-5 years. I'm sure if it is Tina she'll be identified soon or definitively ruled out.

They probably know,but are waiting for the go ahead to release a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

julyjane wrote: »

Where did you read that do you mind me asking?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

My gut says it's Tina, maybe a bit of tactics going on here from the Gardai. It's highly unlikely another person went missing in last 5 years in this specific area and wasn't in the media spotlight. What is the highest profile missing person case even outside Cork for this age group? I don't recall any.

Unless it was a person who was always at home and people wouldn't notice they went missing. It's a stretch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

If it’s her, then the Gardai might be watching a person of interest to see if their behaviour changes, do they visit a remote location, do they try to run etc...

They might also be buying themselves more time to shore up the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 abitofcheese

Where did you read that do you mind me asking?

Bottom paragraph:

Update from the IT today

Quote:
    Gardaí investigating the discovery of a skull in east Cork have sent DNA samples for analysis to match against samples held in the Garda missing persons’ database in a bid to identify the remains.

Gardaí are now satisfied, following an initial postmortem examination by Assistant State Pathologist Dr Margaret Bolster, that the skull belonged to a woman who was not older than 65 when she died.

They believe from discussions with forensic anthropologist Dr Lorraine Buckley of the State Pathologist’s Office that the remains were at the scene where they were found near Midleton for between one to five years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Seems a bit strange the way the info released is changing slightly

Without naming names if the bottom of this paragraph is accurate I can only think of one known person missing in this general area in that time frame. Being from Midleton myself and now living in Youghal I honestly can not think of anyone else. Of course there is the option that the deceased died elsewhere and was placed here. At first I thought maybe it could have been on of the Missing ladies from the Leinster triangle but the age profile doesn’t match I don’t think. Either way I hope some family gets some peace / justice whatever the case may be. RIP

Without naming names if the bottom of this paragraph is accurate I can only think of one known person missing in this general area in that time frame. Being from Midleton myself and now living in Youghal I honestly can not think of anyone else. Of course there is the option that the deceased died elsewhere and was placed here. At first I thought maybe it could have been on of the Missing ladies from the Leinster triangle but the age profile doesn’t match I don’t think. Either way I hope some family gets some peace / justice whatever the case may be. RIP

Apologies, the bottom paragraph in this article

Update from the IT today

Quote:
    Gardaí investigating the discovery of a skull in east Cork have sent DNA samples for analysis to match against samples held in the Garda missing persons’ database in a bid to identify the remains.

Gardaí are now satisfied, following an initial postmortem examination by Assistant State Pathologist Dr Margaret Bolster, that the skull belonged to a woman who was not older than 65 when she died.

They believe from discussions with forensic anthropologist Dr Lorraine Buckley of the State Pathologist’s Office that the remains were at the scene where they were found near Midleton for between one to five years

NewMan1982 wrote: »

Agreed. The info is changing so much it is hard to know what to think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

NewMan1982 wrote: »

It is. First we were told it was an “older woman”- I dunno about anyone else, but 65 or under I don’t consider elderly.
    Thought they’d said the timeframe wasn’t as recent - now they’re saying 1-5 years. Both scenarios point more in the direction of it could be Tina again

Agreed. The info is changing so much it is hard to know what to think.

I'm sure whoever is in charge of releasing the information to the press has their reasons for the manner in which it is being done.

I wish the investigating Gardai the very best of luck in solving this case.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Not to be too morbid but it sounds like they have a lot of go on from what they’ve found- almost full skeletal remains, some clothing and jewellery- also sounds like she was buried in a 1 m mound- not just dumped as I original thought. Probably means more is preserved at this stage. I’d say they know at this stage-
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda%25C3%25AD-send-samples-from-skull-found-in-cork-for-dna-analysis-1.4455750%3fmode=amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

twill wrote: »
    Their being in nightclothes could possibly mean it was an older person with dementia who wandered off and died of exposure. It seems odd that Gardaí don't seem to be immediately aware of anyone who fits the profile, though.

Or someone murdered in bed, maybe while sleeping, and then dumped at the spot where remains found.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I saw a claim on social media earlier that Tina's listing had been removed from the Gardai Missisng Persons list.

Its still there.

https://www.garda.ie/en/crime-prevention/crimecall-on-rte/crimecall-episodes/2017/june-26/missing-person-tina-satchwell-last-seen-on-the-20-3-17.html

Unusually It doesn't detail what she was reported to be wearing on the day she disappeared.

Anyone know if that was detailed in any of the interviews?

gozunda wrote: »
    I saw a claim on social media earlier that Tina's listing had been removed from the Gardai Missisng Persons list.

Its still there.

https://www.garda.ie/en/crime-prevention/crimecall-on-rte/crimecall-episodes/2017/june-26/missing-person-tina-satchwell-last-seen-on-the-20-3-17.html

Unusually It doesn't detail what she was reported to be wearing on the day she disappeared.

Don't think Richard ever said, all he remembers is she came downstairs, he made her some tea and toast and then he went to Dungarvan for some fish at Tina's request and when he got back Tina was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Did anyone independently see Tina the day she went missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

eviltwin wrote: »
    Did anyone independently see Tina the day she went missing?

No, I think she was last seen at the car boot sale. The day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Its still there.

Shes gone off the actual list, thats a crimecall page.
    hmmmmm
    https://www.garda.ie/en/missing-persons/?pageNumber=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

TheW1zard wrote: »
    hmmmmm

Christ that site makes grim reading..:( Massive amount of foreign nationals on it. Have they all just gone home??

• Advertisement

hmmmmm

No for some reason - Tina was never listed there. That came up previously in an earlier thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No for some reason - Tina was never listed there. That came up previously in an earlier thread.

I always found it strange that she was never put on the site.

I always found it strange that she was never put on the site.

I checked and there's an inactive / broken placeholder on the missing persons webpage for Tina which should direct to the garda.ie crimecall link as above.

The working link on the garda.ie crimecall page is in the same format as other missing persons listed.

Maybe IT never got around to fixing the link?

Glebee wrote: »
    Christ that site makes grim reading..:( Massive amount of foreign nationals on it. Have they all just gone home??

I thought the same, came across this https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/majority-of-over-100-missing-children-of-either-asian-or-african-origin-26837164.html there are a few threads on Reddit too about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Wonder what Richard thinks of this body being found?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

Glebee wrote: »

I've never seen that page before. Eerie looking at Annie McCarrick, JoJo Dollard and all the other women who went missing within a few years of each other. So many missing people.

Anyway, in one sense I would hope that this is Tina, for her family's sake. I don't know how people cope with not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

hmmmmm

The most of them must be suicide or missing unintentionally, sad reading nonetheless

On that missing list, Evelyn Murray is the only person that could fall into the bracket of missing in similar time frame as Tina and could match the description listed by Gardai. It's unlikely though.

hmmmmm

The poor families of those missing people.
    Crathers.

As an aside. There are a lot of missing Chinese people in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Recliner wrote: »
    I've never seen that page before. Eerie looking at Annie McCarrick, JoJo Dollard and all the other women who went missing within a few years of each other. So many missing people.

Anyway, in one sense I would hope that this is Tina, for her family's sake. I don't know how people cope with not knowing.

I think it doesn't matter, generally spoken, who it is. behind every missing person are almost always parents, sisters, brothers, wifes/ husbands, partners and so on alive who are suffering a nightmare every day with not knowing what happened to their beloved one. I can't really imagine what those people must go through every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement