Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI Insurance (AIG)

• 09-04-2019 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

semi golf related question!

Has anyone ever availed of car insurance through AIG and the GUI promo?

I was filling out one of those forms online yesterday evening on the AIG website - filled out all the details and got a quote, Then I realised I had a GUI and said I would try this out, filled in the details again (5 minutes later) all the same and entered the GUI number and the quote was €500.00 higher!

just wondering if anyone else tried this ! I realise its not entirely golf related but just checking if anyone on here has checked it out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭srfc d16

I have mine with them and there is a saving. Probably around €200 cheaper with the GUI membership. I know of other people that have it too so I'm not sure how it has worked out €500 more expensive for you

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

I know - I was surprised when it appeared higher, sorry I checked my quotes again, it was €300 higher (not €500).

will pick up the phone to them. Thanks for the reply !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've been using it for years and for me it's always cheaper than rival quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Have it a few years, started off cheaper than anyone else but has risen steadily over the years, so will need to shop around this year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

We've one car, and have my wife as the main driver on the policy, with me as the named driver.

I'm the GUI member, rather than her. Anyone ideas if they'll work around that sort of arrangement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Surprised to hear anyone has gotten cheaper insurance with AIG. No one I have spoken to has got a competitive quote from them. They quoted me over €1000 two years ago. I got insured elsewhere for €330. Tried again last year out of curiosity... a similar ridiculous quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

I am with AIG for years nowthrough the GUI discount or FORE as it was.
    IMy wife is a named driver as well and they have been the cheapest as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

HighLine wrote: »
    Surprised to hear anyone has gotten cheaper insurance with AIG. No one I have spoken to has got a competitive quote from them. They quoted me over €1000 two years ago. I got insured elsewhere for €330. Tried again last year out of curiosity... a similar ridiculous quote.

AIG have been by far the cheapest for me.
    I shop around every renewal and nobody comes close to their quotes to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I recently took out an 'AIG Golfer' policy as they call it. I did shop around and it was around 100 - 200 cheaper. Comes with a few extras like clubs insured if they are stolen from your locked car or in your car if it is stolen. Bit of a gimmick as I'd say it would be hard to actually claim for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I was with FORE insurance back when it started for a few years
    then one year they went mad with their quote and I haven't been back as every year when I shop around, they still come in higher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Rather than start a new thread, I saved €200 going to AIG over FBD for car Insurance
    Republic of Ireland golfers get an ‘AIG Golfer’ car or home insurance quote at www.aig.ie/golf or call our dedicated GUI/ILGU team at 1890 405 405 and see how much you could save!

AIG has been supporting amateur golf in Ireland since 1998 and is proud sponsor of the AIG men’s and ladies Cups and Shields and AIG Irish Close Championship.

In addition all members will get the below exclusive benefits on car insurance as a GUI or ILGU cardholder:

Free golf club equipment cover up to €2k if stolen from locked car boot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

celtic_oz wrote: »
    Rather than start a new thread, I saved €200 going to AIG over FBD for car Insurance

I saved 200 this year also. Cheapest I could get anywhere was 670, AIG golfer was 470 and the clubs are insured to be in the car also so happy days. Every other year I tried to quote from them it was no where near the cheapest. Don’t know if it’s the market or the fact I turned 35.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Liberty were cheaper then AIG for me, even with the golf discount. No clubs insurance obviously though.

Kiith wrote: »
    No clubs insurance obviously though.

do you not pay insurance with your annual sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

AIG have been by far the cheapest for me.
    I shop around every renewal and nobody comes close to their quotes to me.
    Ditto..:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seve OB wrote: »
    do you not pay insurance with your annual sub?

Sorry, i meant my clubs aren't insured in the car like they are with AIG.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

Renewed my own policy with AIG last week, saving of €260 for me compared to AXA. Very thorough policy and the golf club cover is a nice extra having had clubs stolen from the boot of my car in the past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Does standard golf insurance from your club cover golf clubs being stolen from your car boot?

Was with them for last 3 years. This year's renewal quote wasn't competitive about 250 more expensive so switched

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Sorry, i meant my clubs aren't insured in the car like they are with AIG.

see below
    Does standard golf insurance from your club cover golf clubs being stolen from your car boot?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I always get an online quote from AIG and they are always one of the dearest, but the mad thing is that I have been using 25plus.ie for the last few years and they insure me with AIG !.

My insurance is up in February and my quote arrived today, fully comp (inc Mrs as named driver) for €365 and the car is a year old. I will still shop around, but doubt if I will find cheaper tbh.

Advertisement