Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heuston to UCD vet for 9am

Options
  • 02-01-2021 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, I'll be commuting from Sept. The earliest train I can get without driving for an hour arrives in Heuston at 7:59. How likely is it that I can make a 9am lecture if I take a bus or the 145?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mind Hunter 85

Being a commuter optimist , I thought you might make it,
    but according to google maps at that time, you'd only be hitting UCD at 9am or later (depending on traffic).

If I'm not wrong the course is mandatory attendance and you'll always be running roughly 10 mins late or more for lecture, it depends how anxious a person you are, I wouldn't be ok with it but others would be.

You could always test it once or twice to see, because sometimes if another bus was passing by 'late' randomly it might actually get you their earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Blackboot

Thanks. No, I wouldn't be ok with it either! I'll do a few trial runs but unless it can reliably get me there I'll be doing the early drive I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Won't it be alright until end of Feb with new lockdown starting

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Blackboot

I'm not starting until Sept but I'm just making plans to change the car. If I'm just going to the station, I'll get a small car. If I'm hitting the motorway every morning, I'll get something with a bit more oomph. But I wonder if the first semester in Sept will be mostly online anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

You might miss the first 10-15 minutes of your 9am lecture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chooey

some lectures in ucd vet are at 8am also so just allow yourself a bit of time for those mornings

Advertisement