Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many time was your gearbox broken?

Options
  • 07-01-2021 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hello! It is something terrible. I got my gearbox broken and I asked some guys to repait it. But they told me it was not possible. How is that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

Sometimes easier to replace with a second hand box. Gearbox repair can be specialized and not all mechanics will do it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elvis1986

a second hand box? can it be found online? or does auto service can provide me with it? sorry I am new with that((

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elvis1986

just end a call. these guys told me that could transport a new gearbox in a few months. is it ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Many places online depending on where you are.Depends how long your driving it with the fault as it might beyond repair.

http://www.mechanic365.ie/gearbox-repair-replace-dublin/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

probably better in another forum, this is commuting and transport.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Elvis1986 wrote: »
    hello! It is something terrible. I got my gearbox broken and I asked some guys to repait it. But they told me it was not possible. How is that?

What type of gearbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Right first off what car, what year, model, auto or manual, diesel or petrol....

Had a primera it went in, mechanic got 2nd hand one and fitted for€250.

It was a 2001 on 70k miles on it, ended up with fire brigade for training so it never drove after box changed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ahh the roof top remover brigade,wonder if they found the missing stash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Had a primera it went in, mechanic got 2nd hand one and fitted for€250.

I had one done for a 2010 Citroën Berlingo done for €350. New ones are a crazy price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mariopepper

Elvis1986 wrote: »
    a second hand box? can it be found online? or does auto service can provide me with it? sorry I am new with that((

I am not sure but you can make it much easier. Without spending sums. Check https://at-manuals.com/ and figure our if it's possible to fix your gearbox or not. It also may depend on the type of transmission of your vehicle. I used to own 68rfe and I found the solution for that one

• Advertisement
Advertisement