Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online Broker US Stocks - After Hours Trading

Options
  • 07-01-2021 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Does anyone know if there is any broker available that allows Irish resident investors to trader After Hours on US stocks with live prices. I believe WeBull does this in US but presently only allows US investors or at least not EU/Ireland. Schwab I believe might allow limit orders but does not have live prices. Useful to know of any providers thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if there is any broker available that allows Irish resident investors to trader After Hours on US stocks with live prices. I believe WeBull does this in US but presently only allows US investors or at least not EU/Ireland. Schwab I believe might allow limit orders but does not have live prices. Useful to know of any providers thanks

IG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Timmaay wrote: »
    IG

Anyone use IG? I'd love if Degiro allowed after hours trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone use IG? I'd love if Degiro allowed after hours trading.

I only use it for spreadbetting, usually swing trading across afew weeks timeframe. Spreadbetting very similar to CFDs, ie everything levered, most stocks are 5 to 1, so you definitely need alot more caution than a normal trading account. The single advantage of spreadbetting is its considered gambling so no cgt on it. Much bigger fees between the buy and sell spread, and overnight fees, however I'm working out its something like 10% of my 2020 overall gains, so that's a reasonable bit less than cgt, however I have tripled my intial cash, if I had say only made like a grand I'd still have them fees for the year, and obviously also if you make a loss you can't offset that with other capital gains.

Advertisement