Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile BB 750GB charges

• 09-08-2020 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I recently replaced my three mobile broadband at home with the Eir 750GB mobile broadband FMS package for €29.99 a month. I am wondering if they will add 'out of bundle' charges if we go over the 750GB?

In the broadband terms they say this.
    The fair usage threshold in relation to data usage is 750GB on the 4G Broadband Plan. Should your data usage exceed 750GB in a billing cycle and eir Mobile considers that other users are likely to be adversely affected; we reserve the right to limit the data service. eir Mobile continuously monitors network performance to ensure that the service received by the Customer is not impacted through a minority of users placing high demand on network
    resources (e.g. large bandwidths over long periods).

Am I right in thinking that this means the 'out of bundle charges' are not a worry, and that they will only limit the data if they see fit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bmc58

Shpongler wrote: »
    I recently replaced my three mobile broadband at home with the Eir 750GB mobile broadband FMS package for €29.99 a month. I am wondering if they will add 'out of bundle' charges if we go over the 750GB?

Am I right in thinking that this means the 'out of bundle charges' are not a worry, and that they will only limit the data if they see fit?

Just avoid Eir at all costs.Customer service diabolical.Check out on line the hundreds of dissasified customers and their complaints.It will open your eyes to Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Shpongler

bmc58 wrote: »
    Just avoid Eir at all costs.Customer service diabolical.Check out on line the hundreds of dissasified customers and their complaints.It will open your eyes to Eir.

I had no other choice than to go with eir. The only broadband options I have here are either Three or Eir, as they are the only masts within range in my location.
    Three was great up until the end of last year, now it is totally congested. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bmc58

I had no other choice than to go with eir. The only broadband options I have here are either Three or Eir, as they are the only masts within range in my location.
    Three was great up until the end of last year, now it is totally congested. :(

Looks like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.If you go with Eir make sure "if" you wish to switch in the future at the end of your contract that Eir cannot continue to take payments from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

I see the EIR 4G Wireless 29.99 a month broadband is now showing as unlimited data on the EIR website.

I'm on this package, but when I log into the app/web page it still shows the 750GB limit.

Does the unlimited data only apply to new customers signing up this month ?

icom wrote: »
    I see the EIR 4G Wireless 29.99 a month broadband is now showing as unlimited data on the EIR website.

I'm on this package, but when I log into the app/web page it still shows the 750GB limit.

Does the unlimited data only apply to new customers signing up this month ?

Do you mean on the page where it says 'No limits Data'?
    It has always said that, The fair usage is still 750GB in the terms and conditions.

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/eir_mobile_broadband_terms.pdf

I still haven't reached 750GB in a month yet to see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Do you mean on the page where it says 'No limits Data'?
    It has always said that, The fair usage is still 750GB in the terms and conditions.

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/eir_mobile_broadband_terms.pdf

I still haven't reached 750GB in a month yet to see what happens

Thanks for the info, reading the t&c's it looks like they just throttle you when reaching the 750GB limit and no additional charges, but when I check the balance on SMS I get this returned:

"You have 665.96 GB left out of your data allowance until your next billing date. If you run out of your allowance, it is EUR1 per day for 50MB. eir mobile"

Same as yourself, I'll probably never hit the 750GB limit, but 1 euro per 50MB seems a bit steep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭testtech05

icom wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, reading the t&c's it looks like they just throttle you when reaching the 750GB limit and no additional charges, but when I check the balance on SMS I get this returned:

"You have 665.96 GB left out of your data allowance until your next billing date. If you run out of your allowance, it is EUR1 per day for 50MB. eir mobile"

Same as yourself, I'll probably never hit the 750GB limit, but 1 euro per 50MB seems a bit steep :)

I signed up to this deal over the weekend, received the router and sim yesterday but when I log on to myeir my package is called "Home Broadband 4G 250GB" and my usage so far is 8 of 435.484GB.......

I cant figure out where the 435GB limit is coming from thinking maybe it is because I started usage mid month or something? I am guessing the 250GB in the package name is just an old name/typo.

testtech05 wrote: »
    I signed up to this deal over the weekend, received the router and sim yesterday but when I log on to myeir my package is called "Home Broadband 4G 250GB" and my usage so far is 8 of 435.484GB.......

I cant figure out where the 435GB limit is coming from thinking maybe it is because I started usage mid month or something? I am guessing the 250GB in the package name is just an old name/typo.

Yup, the 435GB is the partial first month, it will change next month. I had the same thing when I signed up. The 250gb is just them not changing the name on the page. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭testtech05

Yup, the 435GB is the partial first month, it will change next month. I had the same thing when I signed up. The 250gb is just them not changing the name on the page. :rolleyes:

Thought as much tbh.... It is Eir after all!
    I have to say it has been working quite well for us so far, touch wood it continues, as it is our only option here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

So does eir charge for over 750Gb, throttle speeds or just stop the internet completely?

• Advertisement

jdon72 wrote: »
    So does eir charge for over 750Gb, throttle speeds or just stop the internet completely?

I am just about to go over the 750GB limit after a few big game downloads during Xmas. I'll report back in a couple of days after I see what happens.

Ok, we just went over the 750GB limit. There was an SMS sent to the router

"Hi, you have reached 100% of your monthly data allowance. "

I checked on speedtest.net and our speed has dropped from 30 to 40 Mb/s to a solid 5 Mb/s

In the myeir account page, there are no "out of bundle charges" as of yet, but I will keep an eye on it.

So it looks like after you exceed 750GB, you get throttled to 5Mb/s . Which isn't too bad I suppose, as long as they don't slap on any other charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

They are no out of bundle charges for the 750bg plan ... Your safe there just you will be throttled to 5mb connection which isn't that bad!!

robbiep958 wrote: »
    They are no out of bundle charges for the 750bg plan ... Your safe there just you will be throttled to 5mb connection which isn't that bad!!

Yup, looks that way, I was expecting 1Mb/s , fair enough.

Upload is reduced to 2Mb/s too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Sorry for dragging up this old thread. But can some one confirm there were no extra charges ?. we have just hit the 750mb limit and now we are at an unusable state.

Also does it reset on the billing date ?

Also would it be worth getting a second Sim if this willl always be the case ?

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging up this old thread. But can some one confirm there were no extra charges ?. we have just hit the 750mb limit and now we are at an unusable state.

Also does it reset on the billing date ?

Also would it be worth getting a second Sim if this willl always be the case ?

From my experience, the speed is reduced to 5Mb/s after the 750Gb limit has been reached. There are no extra charges, and you will have to wait until the end of the period (a month) until the quota gets reset.

If 5Mb/s is too slow for you, then yes a second sim would be a good option.

I have just noticed that Eir seems to have increased the limit on their mobile broadband package. From 750Gb -> 1024Gb

Post edited by Shpongler on

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Makhnovist

Mines been stuck on 352GB used for about 6 months now 😂

Yeah, mine was stuck for ages, but I found that I had to clear the browser cache each time to get a proper usage reading.

Try that

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Makhnovist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They also have updated the terms:

The fair usage threshold in relation to data usage is 1TB on the 4G Wireless Broadband Plan.

OR

The fair usage threshold in relation to data usage is 1TB on the eir Mobile 5G Wireless Broadband Plan

See eir_mobile_broadband_terms

Prices are going up from 29.99 to 34.99 from the end of next month. I just got a notification from them via Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Reading the T&C linked above I notice Eir now say they provide the equipment to you for the service and that they require it back at the conclusion of service and you may be charged a non return fee if not sent back.

Does anyone know is there a different priority on their 4G/5G to their mobile network? Testing an area here where their map says it has good 5G and there's none what so ever on an iPhone 13 Pro with a 5G plan however the 4G network is excellent speed wise. Would a modem have the same speed or is it lower? Getting ~200meg on a mobile but would you get that on a Bill pay modem from them?

Advertisement