Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you desire in a partner?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Treseemme. wrote: »
    This is my thread

6 tits?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭billyhead

A pulse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

Ok I'll answer this;

Lust

Presence

Desire

In other words attraction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

POWER
    PACE
    AND
    DESIRE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

3 tits

Get your ass to Mars..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

Road Frontage.

Ok so only some people see it

When you desire you see beyond physicality to attraction and lust

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Someone with a username for a shampoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

For me the number one thing is sexuality

It means a lot of things

Attractive, interesting , beautiful all those things

Not somebody like you.

Not somebody like you.

Not to you no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

A rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Giant knockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Not to you no

7 tits. Final offer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

touts wrote: »
    Road Frontage.

I'm a double D, will that suffice?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Nothing.

I think being in love is to be attracted to someone for your own personal unknown unknowable reasons.

I never make any demands off anyone when it comes to personal sexual relationships.

You can't know a person in advance before you've ever met them because everyone is unique - so how could you have expectations in a partner then?

I think it's a bit cold and clinical to have tick boxes for a person you desire to be with, someone you haven't even met yet.

Humans are a combination of looks, personality, values I suppose, etc. You'd never know in what combinations those things would work for you. So I think it's a bit pointless in, as I said , using tick boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

Esse85 wrote: »
    That's she's attractive to me, has similar values, has some common interests/hobbies, brings out the best in me.

I think thats Compatibility poster,
    I'll add looks after themself healthwise, can manage their own finances, isn't constantly distracted by their phone/social media, not a gossiper.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mutual attraction.

Sense of humor.

Loyalty.

Intelligence.

Good dress sense.

Socially outgoing.

Personally easygoing but not a doormat.

Ambitious.. personal and in professional life.

Knows how to separate work and personnel life, again not being a doormat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Someone with a username for a shampoo

I don't think it would be very effective though. No suds

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Lust

Presence

Desire
    POWER
    PACE
    AND
    DESIRE

FIRE IN THE DISCO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

I'm a double D, will that suffice?

Arrah sure I'd have to put you and those auld Double Ds out working the streets every night of the week before you'd earn enough to be better than good road frontage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Sense of humour
    Authenticity
    Passionate interests (even if we don’t share all of them)
    Shared values
    Independent
    Sensuality (ie sexuality+romance)
    And...must be a brown eyed brunette. There are already enough Von Trapp looking mugs in my family tree.

Somehow I managed all of these. Eventually. But I admit that beforehand I was fixated too much on the last two. And maybe the first. I had to get lucky to acquire a full appreciation of the others. And luck...or chance does play a role. We only found each other after I had nearly given up.

Good-spirited (kind, optimistic, even tempered etc.), funny, smart and loyal. Above that someone who isn't afraid to admit they're wrong (or tell me when I am!) and who doesn't get scared of grown up conversations.

Compatibility. But it can take quite a while to find that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Big juicy baps and a tight vajeen that doesn’t resemble a punched lasagne

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kat86d

Someone who has a good of humour. Is not easily offended or too PC. A northern or Kerry accent. Loves music. Optimistic and self empowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

FIRE IN THE DISCO

FIRE IN THE TACO BELL...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The tick list is nonsense.

I know this drives people mad but when you meet the right person you just know it's not romantic or love at first sight, it's more spiritual or cosmic or something.

A significant number of people will tell you they knew within a few hours of meeting the person( obviously they didnt say that to the person not wanting to scare them off like:p)

This is an excellent example from chef Tom Kerridge.

"My wife Beth’s first words to me were, “Will you give me £3 for the stripper?” I was 24 and working as a chef de partie in Soho, when one of my best mates dragged me out to a pub to celebrate his brother’s birthday. Beth was doing a collection for the stripper she had ordered and we hit it off immediately. We knew early on that what we had was special and she asked me to marry her at 1am in Leicester Square just six weeks after we met. I hadn’t seen it coming, but I didn’t hesitate to say yes."

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Someone legless.
    Not the drunk variety.....just so he couldn't run away :D

Agree with the post above mine. I feel it's a case of when you know, you know. There's no words to describe how you feel or WHY you feel the way you do. Ah I'm an auld romantic so someone like me....but male :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Intelligence
    Independence
    Similar social/political outlook

Big tits help. Anything else is window dressing that you look for in a ****buddy, and not in a partner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Sometimes in life someone will point something really obvious to you. Something that you've somehow managed to overlook.

It was pointed out to me that I have a very definite "type". This person was dead right in what they were saying when I look back.

Nearly every girlfriend that I've ever had have all had very similar "physical feature" very similar heights, hair colour, etc and wasnt planned in any way

Is this a thing for everyone or just me

Advertisement