Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuller's ESB

Options
  • 30-12-2020 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin that still sells this? I used to get it in Molloy's until about 10 years ago, but they seemed to stop stocking it. Any off licence with an online presence constantly shows it out of stock.

I've been grateful the last few years that certain Tesco stores still stock London Pride (my local SuperValu seems to have taken to not putting it out on the shelf after I started purchasing all they had weekly, maybe reserving it for a customer). The last time I found ESB was in a can in Slovenia, which wasn't great but reminded me what a fantastic bitter it is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

phonypony wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Dublin that still sells this? I used to get it in Molloy's until about 10 years ago, but they seemed to stop stocking it. Any off licence with an online presence constantly shows it out of stock.

I've been grateful the last few years that certain Tesco stores still stock London Pride (my local SuperValu seems to have taken to not putting it out on the shelf after I started purchasing all they had weekly, maybe reserving it for a customer). The last time I found ESB was in a can in Slovenia, which wasn't great but reminded me what a fantastic bitter it is!

Supplier only bringing in London Pride and IPA from what I can see on the shelves. Martin's had been stocking ESB until about a year or so ago, be worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Supplier only bringing in London Pride and IPA from what I can see on the shelves. Martin's had been stocking ESB until about a year or so ago, be worth asking.

It's a shame really, it's a fine beer.

Yeah, the IPA is not a bad beer either, can certainly taste the similarities between the three beers (partigyled and blended I believe). Tesco tend to have the Honeydew Organic Ale the odd time too, but I'm not too keen on it. I may pop into Martin's when I'm next over that side of town, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭donaghs

The English ales aren't as prominent on the shelves anymore after the US IPA explosion. I was just thinking I hadn't seen the likes of Shepherd Neame in ages.

I haven't seen Fullers around much anymore. Only London Pride. Looks like Sainsbury's still have ESB. Consider a drive to Newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

donaghs wrote: »
    The English ales aren't as prominent on the shelves anymore after the US IPA explosion. I was just thinking I hadn't seen the likes of Shepherd Neame in ages.

I haven't seen Fullers around much anymore. Only London Pride. Looks like Sainsbury's still have ESB. Consider a drive to Newry?

Yeah, a trip up the road may be needed once the restrictions are lifted! Glad to see somewhere on the island appears to stock it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If you're stuck, White Hag has brewed a pretty good approximation of it called Electricity Supply Board. Available canned in good beer off licences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

You'll find Shepherd Neame around alright, I see it in plenty of Spar shops around South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

The Shepherd Neame is a cracking English IPA

Advertisement