Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suppressor

Options
  • 04-01-2021 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Iv bought a 6.5x55 it came with a wildcat 270 bore. Should i be worried. Barrel was treaded to suit. Or is that the norm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hotshot123

Dean83 wrote: »
    Iv bought a 6.5x55 it came with a wildcat 270 bore. Should i be worried. Barrel was treaded to suit. Or is that the norm

Its bang on, 270 is 6.8 calibre so plenty for 6.5 calibre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Richard308

Might be slightly louder than a dedicated 6.5 mod. But if it’s free it can’t be half bad

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was it included on your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dean83

Yeah. But iv had issues with it having to have a serial number. All sorted. Supposedly new moderators been sold need a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Who is off making up law to suit themselves in the AGS again?:mad::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Yeah bit of a pain alright. Thanks everyone for the info on the suppressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Who is off making up law to suit themselves in the AGS again?:mad::rolleyes:

That crap started in donegal but it seems to be spreading around the country.

What iv got from it, is that if your leaving a gun into storage or of a dealer is selling it for you to make commission on it. Take the mod off before it goes onto the dealers books.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

zeissman wrote: »
    That crap started in donegal but it seems to be spreading around the country.

Another legal hoofing in the you know whats is needed it seems. Ask them what happens then if you sell the gun and keep the silencer or vice versa? How will that be entered into PULSE? Or do you now have to sell both units under their made-up law to be legal?:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Exactly what i said to the dealer. If the licence is gone or a substitute is got of a different bore. Have i got an illegal firearm. Total joke, but im glad to be over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement