Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Get in there Gerwyn Price!

WORLD CHAMPION AND WORLD NUMBER ONE!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Dont Like the guy, but he deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

What a miserable ****er, Gary Anderson delighted he got stuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Don’t think Anderson acknowledged Price once in his interview....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I noticed that too but after the way Price carried on in that Grand Slam final I don't blame him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

El Sueño wrote: »
    I noticed that too but after the way Price carried on in that Grand Slam final I don't blame him

True but he’s a bit older/but wiser I would have thought.....Anyway no big deal....

Really really bad
    Every interview he gives says I I get beat fair and square I acknowledge it
    He does in his hole

One thing about MvG , as a previous poster said, one thing he does well is lose and give credit where it's due

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I thought exactly the same, kept waiting for him to acknowledge the finishing of Price in the earlier sets, never came. Would rather Anderson win but Price totally deserved it.

Enjoyed that despite my bet but coming up lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

fair fooks to gezzy well done...............................................

talk about a life changing moment from 7 yrs ago when he picked up hes tour card unreal,dreams can come true for some people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Poor final as it was a horrendous performance by Gary. Price was asking to be found out at the end but Gary couldn't do it.

I don't like the guy but what an unreal achievement from Price. Not only World Champ but also World No. 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

El Sueño wrote: »
    Overall a decent tournament, in terms of entertainment it went downhill massively from the quarters onwards though imo

agree with that, dirk van duijvenbode, mervyn king, chizzy played some good stuff, but maybe peaked too early and couldn't carry their form into their next game. Gerwyn Price and Gary Andersons form grew through the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anderson had the lowest average in a final since Andy Hamilton in 2012.
    Says it all really.

Final more often than not is an anti climax. Taylor v Barney, Lewis v Anderson x 2 and Anderson v Taylor are the only good ones really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Seeing lots of peoples salty tears at Gerwyn Price becoming deserved World Champion and World Number One makes it all the more sweeter if that's at all possible!

You love to see it!

Delighted to see Aspinall in the premier League
    Future world champ in my view

• Registered Users Posts: 24,822 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Poor final as it was a horrendous performance by Gary. Price was asking to be found out at the end but Gary couldn't do it.

I don't like the guy but what an unreal achievement from Price. Not only World Champ but also World No. 1.

Disappointed, as I’m sure Anderson was that he couldn’t make a real competitive match of it, not a great final by any stretch, pretty forgettable....Price won’t care though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Brendan Dolan must be wondering what if..,

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Pity we have no bdo Championship to look forward to. I know alot of the matches were rubbish but the latter stages would have some decent matches and it filled a bit of a gap in january.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Brendan Dolan must be wondering what if..,

TbL

The cards really fell right for him.

Didn’t end up having to beat MVG or Wright.

Won a final leg decider vs Dolan and Gurney.

But he did what he had to do and is the World champ and World number 1.
    Could be a hard man to beat this year with the confidence this will give him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

First mention of Price on this forum, 16/01/2014 on a Qualifying School thread.
    I'd like to think I tipped him as a future champion, but sadly not.
    Tomas Seyler,Andy Parsons, Gerwyn Price and Dave Bird won their cards today, none of them mean anything to me (apparently Seyler played at the recent PDC World Championship against Painter but fcuked if I can remember him).

I wonder how Thomas Seyler, Andy Parsons and Dave Bird did on the tour!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Fair play to Price. To be fair he comes across ok in interviews compared to his onstage antics. I don't think he mentioned Anderson either in his interview.

Think his head was totally gone when he missed all those match darts and if Gary could have made it 6-4 and then 6-5 on his own throw then there may have been a different name on the trophy. Gary was just not at the races at all this evening though. Some shocking darts into 4 and 1 and as another poster mentioned, his first dart was rarely in the T20.

Overall a very enjoyable tournament even with the lack of a crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

US2 wrote: »

that was probaly done by one of hes pr team,lot of players do not post them selves its looked affter by there pr team etc

Degag wrote: »
    Fair play to Price. To be fair he comes across ok in interviews compared to his onstage antics. I don't think he mentioned Anderson either in his interview.

Winner is hardly gonna congratulate the runner up!

Have a look at Twitter, the whole darting world is in agreement that is was very bad form from Anderson not to offer any congrats to Price

ando is a sore sore loser and the bs he comes out with about go up there play your darts and if the other boy batters you,then say fair play shake hes hand.
    who does ando think hes fooling ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

boomdocker wrote: »
    Winner is hardly gonna congratulate the runner up!

Have a look at Twitter, the whole darting world is in agreement that is was very bad form from Anderson not to offer any congrats to Price

Ah but the winner would usually give some acknowledgement or commiserate with their opponent.

Look i’m not defending Anderson, i’m just saying it’s a two way street!

Degag wrote: »
    Ah but the winner would usually give some acknowledgement or commiserate with their opponent.

Look i’m not defending Anderson, i’m just saying it’s a two way street!

look its just a game of darts i,ll not lose a wink of sleep i just turn up if my opponent batters me then i turn around say well done and shake he,s hand,YE RIGHT ANDERSON,the bitterness inside him must kill him and the close people around him.

i,ll just have a coffee and off to bed,pull the other one with your false smiling etc.........................................................

Andersons wife must be raging, it was her that started the fued with Price on Twitter years ago, and just a couple of years ago she tweeted that her son will be world champ before price 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

US2 wrote:
    Andersons wife must be raging, it was her that started the fued with Price on Twitter years ago, and just a couple of years ago she tweeted that her son will be world champ before price 😊

His wife fell out with Peter Wright's wife as well over something.

There maybe a pattern developing.

His wife fell out with Peter Wright's wife as well over something.

There maybe a pattern developing.

Yep she searches Gary's name looking to get offended on his behalf..

• Advertisement

Hard to think Adrian Lewis won a world final with a 93 average seen how bad Anderson was last night and still averaged 94

Advertisement