Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Connacht, Saturday. kick-off 7.35pm, eir Sport

• 01-01-2021 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭

Leinster: Max O’Reilly; Andrew Smith, Jimmy O’Brien, Rory O’Loughlin, Dave Kearney; Johnny Sexton, Luke McGrath; Peter Dooley, James Tracy, Michael Bent; Ross Molony, Devin Toner; Ryan Baird, Scott Penny, Dan Leavy. Replacements: Seán Cronin, Ed Byrne, Tom Clarkson, Josh Murphy, Jack Conan, Hugh O’Sullivan, Liam Turner, Will Connors.

15. John Porch (27)
    14. Peter Sullivan (5)
    13. Sammy Arnold (10)
    12. Tom Daly (34)
    11. Alex Wootton (9)
    10. Jack Carty (147)
    9. Caolin Blade (118)
    1. Denis Buckley (188)
    2. Shane Delahunt (86)
    3. Dominic Robertson-McCoy (58)
    4. Gavin Thornbury (46)
    5. Quinn Roux (104) (C)
    6. Eoghan Masterson (100)
    7. Conor Oliver (10)
    8. Sean Masterson (7)

Replacements
    16. Jonny Murphy (10)
    17. Matthew Burke (16)
    18. Conor Kenny (8)
    19. Ultan Dillane (104)
    20. Cian Prendergast (4)
    21. Kieran Marmion (173)
    22. Diarmuid Kilgallen (1)
    23. Ben O’Donnell *

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Feels like one where Connacht could build an early lead only to have their hopes dashed again when Leinster empty the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Zzippy wrote: »
    Feels like one where Connacht could build an early lead only to have their hopes dashed again when Leinster empty the bench.

Connacht will not take the lead at any point in the entire match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Well that's that then, call the match off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Zzippy wrote: »

I don't see it happening to be honest. Connacht might hit the front. They're going to throw the kitchen sink, I'm sure. But there looks to be such a gap in the numbers from 6-10 on either side that I just don't see Connacht ever really building a lead.

Buer wrote: »
    I don't see it happening to be honest. Connacht might hit the front. They're going to throw the kitchen sink, I'm sure. But there looks to be such a gap in the numbers from 6-10 on either side that I just don't see Connacht ever really building a lead.

You're probably right, except the gap would be 6-8 and 10. Blade is at least on a par with McGrath. Edit: their relative influence tonight will totally depend on the ball they get from their pack.

• Advertisement

38-6 I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Am I right in saying that since John Muldoon scored the consversion the aggregate score is Leinster 150 Connacht 50?

An average winning margin of 25 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

lower than usual with only 8 former leinster underage players in Connacht 23.

This could be the end for Connacht rugby tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

How dare those Leinster players go to Connacht. Imagine wanting to play pro rugby instead of sitting at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

bayern wrote: »

What's the point in making this comment? Would you rather those players retired after leaving Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Am I right in saying that since John Muldoon scored the consversion the aggregate score is Leinster 150 Connacht 50?

An average winning margin of 25 points?

This fixture last season can be discounted as Connacht could barely field a 23.
    The three previous games were all close and I remember one or two being absolute belters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

What's the point in making this comment? Would you rather those players retired after leaving Leinster?
    leave bayern/gorey guy/irishrugby ua alone.....

There's no point. There's more rugby teams fielded in the 6 biggest rugby schools in Leinster than the whole province in connacht and then you have the next 10+ schools before you talk about youths rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

bayern wrote: »

You should make a New Years resolution to get a hobby outside of Leinster juvenile rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Is this game on Premier Sport 2 in Ireland? I see there is something down for 7.20 but doesn’t have a description. Only way of watching this live is if you have Eir Sub?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is this game on Premier Sport 2 in Ireland? I see there is something down for 7.20 but doesn’t have a description. Only way of watching this live is if you have Eir Sub?

Yes it's on one of the premier sports channels

You'd miss the minis at half time in the RDS but to be fair to Ulster/Munster their match was nearly as good a standard

Bonus point in the first 3 minutes for Leinster I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Marmion out. Colm Reilly on bench now

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

At this stage it's hard to say what Connacht team will turn up but if you were to look it from an experience point of view Connacht should really be in with a shout. That said Leinster are so good at eking out bonus point wins and Connacht off 3 losses it's hard to say what will happen. So it's a fingers crossed game from a Connacht perspective

You'd miss the minis at half time in the RDS but to be fair to Ulster/Munster their match was nearly as good a standard

Bonus point in the first 3 minutes for Leinster I reckon

That long? Why so nervous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Who is the other change other than Marmion? Heard it was someone "feeling unwell". Could be a scurrilous rumour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Liam Toland

TG4 it is so

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Who is the other change other than Marmion? Heard it was someone "feeling unwell". Could be a scurrilous rumour though.

Clarkson for Leinster is out due to "feeling unwell".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I've just had a huge pang of something like homesickness.

I miss plastic pints and overpriced Eddie Rockets fries and hip flasks and acrid steam rising from the busy urinals and getting well on with a few lads and the skit on the Terrace and accusing the Ref of being responsible for invading Poland and retreating up to the Waterloo for a few warmer uppers.

I know there are people sick and bereaved out there tonight but I'd love a friggin sold out festive match.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,123 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I've just had a huge pang of something like homesickness.

I miss plastic pints and overpriced Eddie Rockets fries and hip flasks and acrid steam rising from the busy urinals and getting well on with a few lads and the skit on the Terrace and accusing the Ref of being responsible for invading Poland and retreating up to the Waterloo for a few warmer uppers.

I know there are people sick and bereaved out there tonight but I'd love a friggin sold out festive match.
    Never been as cold in my life as the New Years trips to the sportsground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I feel ya, I haven’t been able to dip out 3 mins early, in the freezing cold, to beat the rush and get a table at the back of Crowes in nearly a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ref never called advantage over from that knock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,123 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Illegal binding by Leinster in the scrum. Nothing to see here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Brilliant from Carty

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hummmm

:D

Advertisement