Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crépinette dry due to fat leaking out

Options
  • 21-12-2020 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Made some crépinette, and they were dry as sand...

All the fat pi$$ed our leaving the meat dry, I used ground pork belly and wrapped them in caul fat...

Anyone able to suggest where I may have went wrong

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Made some crépinette, and they were dry as sand...

All the fat pi$$ed our leaving the meat dry, I used ground pork belly and wrapped them in caul fat...

Anyone able to suggest where I may have went wrong

They are often breaded, maybe for this reason?

Also any chance you over worked the meat? It should be just barely mixed to prevent it becoming tough.

But really I'm just guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

They're just a giant meat ball really , the couple of times I did them there was a good bit of minced pork fat in them , and I think bread crumbs soaked in bread crumbs,
    Didn't think much of them straight out of the oven, but the next day heated up in an onion gravy they were lovely ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Markcheese wrote: »
    and I think bread crumbs soaked in bread crumbs,

:D:D
    Had to giggle at this!
    I'm just going back over threads I missed looking through over Christmas, hadn't heard of these, must see if I can get caul fat & attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

:D:D
    Had to giggle at this!
    I'm just going back over threads I missed looking through over Christmas, hadn't heard of these, must see if I can get caul fat & attempt.

Breadcrumbs soaked in milk ... My bad ... I've only made them once ( made loads in a couple of batches ) , there was a lot of added fat ... And the version I did was basically offal with added fat ,the milk soaked bread crumbs , diced onion ( cooked in the milk that you then added to the breadcrumbs ) and then wrapped in a square of caul fat ,
    They were a bit meh the evening I made them , but really nice the next day with onion gravy ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement