Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filter/Heater recommendation 60l

Options
  • 13-12-2020 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a fish tank a few years and am using a Juwel Bioflow ONE, great pump and all but an issue i have is I've lost 3 honey gourami to it by them squeezing in behind it and getting trapped. It's very poorly designed having a large flat surface stuck to the the glass with suction cups.
    I'm thinking of just hiding the heater in one of the ornaments and buying a separate narrow filter for a 60l tank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Stick a bit of filter foam to the back which will stop them from going in behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

You could use a sponge air filter using either an air pump or a power head

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

I'm gonna hijack this thread instead of starting a new one. I've a similar size tank and am looking for recommendations for an external/cannister filter. I've only ever used internal filters but I'm planning an overhaul for my tank to a more iwagumi style and I don't think the internal would suit it at all.

I'm gonna hijack this thread instead of starting a new one. I've a similar size tank and am looking for recommendations for an external/cannister filter. I've only ever used internal filters but I'm planning an overhaul for my tank to a more iwagumi style and I don't think the internal would suit it at all.

Fluval 207 is an excellent external filter which is very quiet and easy to maintain

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Fluval 207 is an excellent external filter which is very quiet and easy to maintain

Thanks for the recommendation. From looking at the 207 I think it might be a bit too powerful but the 107 looks about right.
    Whats the best way to transition the filters? Should I run the external alongside my internal until it has enough bio material of its own or should I just cut off a piece of sponge from my internal and put it in the external?

• Advertisement

If it was me I would run both filters

When initially adding the new filter give your sponges in your internal filter a small squeeze in the aquarium which should then seed your new filter sponges in the external filter. I would do that for 2 or 3 weeks and then remove the internal filter.

Advertisement