Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE guide crossword discussion

Options
  • 15-12-2020 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭

Thought it best if we had a specific thread for those looking to discuss or seeking help with the big RTE guide Christmas crossword.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

How's everyone doing with this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jmbkay wrote: »
    How's everyone doing with this?

Haven’t started yet. Hope to start tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Did it in a couple of hours when I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Haven’t started yet. Hope to start tomorrow night.

Same. Went to start it yesterday but got dragged into the role of lego construction assistant. Will have a go later today after I get back from a walk.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lego Saturn going on in the office between the eldest and the husband at the moment. I need to find my RTE guide and I’ll look then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I have some of it done but not nearly finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Probably wouldn’t get to it till back in work!!

Warmed up with the festive and showbiz ones this morning. Just one I can't get and refuse to cheat. Will move onto the big one later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I can’t find my damn magazine. Grrrr. Will clear out the kitchen cupboard tomorrow. I suspect it is lurking....

Finally had a proper go at this last night as my wife was watching bridgerton on netflix and I cant watch those Jane austen-esque dramas.

Started off reasonably well but ran into trouble soon enough, have about 60-70% done but would need more time to get the rest and I know for a fact I'd not be able to complete it unaided.

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Finally had a proper go at this last night as my wife was watching bridgerton on netflix and I cant watch those Jane austen-esque dramas.

Started off reasonably well but ran into trouble soon enough, have about 60-70% done but would need more time to get the rest and I know for a fact I'd not be able to complete it unaided.

Ditto....one or two really doing my head in.

Down to 7 if anyone wants to trade...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Down to 7 if anyone wants to trade...

I have answers if you need any

tscul32 wrote: »
    I have answers if you need any

I'll take you up on that later on if i can't get the last few, thanks.

Advertisement