Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air rifle slugs

Options
  • 26-12-2020 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi all just curious has any 32ft lb pcp owners tried the jsb knock out slugs or fx hybrids in .22cal or the h+n slugs in normal barrels and had any success with grouping these slugs?
    I would like to know as I wouldn’t mind trying them in my air arms s150 but don’t want to waste money if there no good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnner2

What do you get in a tin, 250 for 10 to 15 euro? Hardly break the bank at that rate and you might find a pellet that your rifle loves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

FX slugs are c. €17 per packs of 100. The 22 grain slugs grouped well and in my 20ft/lb HW100. They seem to hit hard too but IMO the fps is too low to get the full potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnner2

€17 per 100 is steep enough didn't realise the price of lead had gone up so much, nearly half the price to run a rimfire

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

lefthooker wrote: »
    FX slugs are c. €17 per packs of 100. The 22 grain slugs grouped well and in my 20ft/lb HW100. They seem to hit hard too but IMO the fps is too low to get the full potential.
    I might give them a go in my s510 and see how they go for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

FWIW I tried JSB Exact Jumbo Monsters (25.39gr) back in the day and found that the FW100 had trouble stabilising them.
    Went back to the 16g JSB Exact Jumbo (18.13gr) pretty much straight away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement