Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

• 27-12-2020 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭

Ever been invited to the wrong party by mistake ?

DieHard_NakatomiPlaza_660x330px.jpg

636667408623336832-XXX-E-VER-DIE-HARD-DVD-13-1364603.JPG?width=300&height=401&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Well, that's exactly what has happened to John McClane. Flying all the way from New York to Los Angeles for a Christmas Party in the impressive Nakitomi Plaza, amongst a whole crowd of people he doesnt know.

It's not all bad. He has just received the best piece of air travel advice he is ever likely to receive. He's had a fantastic limo ride to the party and he's just had his first homosexual encounter..... " Jesus! F***in' California!

But all is not as it seems. After meeting Joe Takagi, his apprehensions were not allayed when he saw Master Negotiatior and Chief Sleezeball, Harry Ellis snorting something powdery off his soon to be ex-wives office table. Especially when it was clear to see that he'd "missed a bit."

And it's just about to get a lot more interesting. The Terrorists are right outside and they are about to make their presence felt...

die-hard-bad-guys.jpg
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

General Game Rules:

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM Rikand and I will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PMs from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted.

3. Game schedule and voting rules: The game begins as soon as the mods say IT IS DAY, with lynch thread opened immediately thereafter. Note that voting is live and will be conducted in the separate Die Hard WW lynching thread. Lynches take place at 9pm, Munches will take place somewhere between 8 and 10AM (depending on sleep for the game mods). All Night Actions are due by 8am every morning. The first lynch is Monday at 9pm.

To vote, please state clearly on the designated thread with the format '##Vote XXXX' - where XXXX is your chosen party to vote for in that lynch. The format is very important as I am using a vote counter application and the format needs to be written like that to count. Vote counts will also be posted periodically on the game thread, from the lynching thread. You may vote as many times as you like but only your last vote will count.

There will always be the option for players to vote for 'No Lynch'.
    Game mods also wish to inform players that there is a 5 post minimum requirement per cycle, which will begin from Monday morning at 10am.

There will be no missed votes in this game. Failure to enter a valid vote by the deadline will result in a penalty vote against yourself in that lynch. Failure to meet the posting requirements in a cycle will also result in the same punishment, a penalty vote against yourself in the next lynch. This will increase incrementally as follows:
    1 missed vote OR missed posting requirements = 1 self vote
    2 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 2 self votes
    3 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 4 self votes
    4 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 8 self votes
    etc.

4. Lynch rules: The votes WILL be published in this game, the data is also available in the lynch thread for players to analyse and interpret freely.

In the event of a tied vote: the lynch will be resolved by the game mod using the post sequence number method as trialed in the Silent Hill WW game

5. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until kills are announced or until I ask you to stop posting. You are not officially dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the dead room where you can discuss the game.

6. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

7. Stay in the game world: This game takes place in Nakitomi. Immerse yourself in the world of Die Hard and try to forget about everything going on in the outside world. Everyone has received a character name, but it is advised that you dont claim your character name at any point in the game. I'll elaborate on this in the next post.

Win Conditions:

Any faction will have won the game when the game mod informs them as such :)

Everyone was given the choice about using an anon account or their own normal boards.ie account. if you feel I have given you the wrong choice, sorry :)

Player List:
    Angus WW
    Baggly
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    fixxxer
    Frank WW
    JP Liz V1
    KathleenGrant
    Katie WW
    Necro
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Senan WW
    Y0ssar1an22

IT IS STILL NIGHT. DO NOT POST!

Character Claiming

Shamelessly stolen from another game, but this one thing I will reveal. If you claim your character, the wolves have been given a mechanic to kill anyone who claims their character. you put yourselves at the mercy of the wolves whether you live or die :)

i want people to quote the movie as much as possible, post gifs about the movie basically enjoy the movie as much as possible from a game perspective.... but I also like people to play werewolf and i think mass character claims take away from the game solvery of the game of werewolf.

If you have any questions about this, please pm me and I'll clarify in any way I can :)

Role PM's are going out now. When everyone has received their PMs, I'll open up the thread :)

IT IS STILL NIGHT. DO NOT POST

Rikkiplex

Sadly, this game is not Rikkiplex Lite like I had intended. I just couldnt get the design to work the way I wanted to, so its more like the Oceans 11 game I ran and much more simplistic. I'll revisit Rikkiplex Lite for another game :)

All PMs have been sent out. If you have any issues at all with the game, your PMs, logging in issues, anything, message me and let me know.

Other than that, the lynch thread will not become active until 10am tomorrow morning.

Sorry about the delays ::

You may now post!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Evening fellow nakatomy plaza partiers

Anyone able to give me the idiots guide to

In the event of a tied vote: the lynch will be resolved by the game mod using the post sequence number method as trialed in the Silent Hill WW game

This bit worries me

Any faction will have won the game when the game mod informs them as such

Suggests more than just wolves and SK but then Rik says it’s a simple game so who knows, suitably vague

If it is just wolves and SK I’d say we’re looking at 3/4 wolves

No mention of a munch in the morning so hopefully lynch is the first action

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Dammit Katie I wanted to be first with the words “first”

So I guess I’m

Second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sup y'all

Emily WW wrote: »
    Dammit Katie I wanted to be first with the words “first”

So I guess I’m

Second

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29s3zfqykoakg1x204dpz2o4m7e93oedocpax7ewpq&rid=giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourth.

Howdy everybuddy

@katie

I can’t remember how the lynchee was selected in the silent hill game if there’d been a tied vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

@katie

I can’t remember how the lynchee was selected in the silent hill game if there’d been a tied vote.

I remember not understanding it then

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll look it up tomorrow. Too tired right now.

Sleepy Ki Ay fellow werewolfers

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I joke not, this is a Christmas present a friend gave to me today

2-F85-DB9-D-D1-FC-449-D-ACCD-E345-A7892362.jpg

The weather outside is frightful but the FHD fire on my Tv is delightful, but since nobody has no place to go, let it snow let it snow let it snow (it’s snowing that sleety sh*t where I am, would rather no snow to be fair)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Happy Monday everyone.

Morning Baggly, morning all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It is morning isn't it :(

Morning guys, anyone else have a hangover?

@kathleengrant - don’t be afraid to ask questions, there’s lots of shorthand used in these games, it can take four or five games to get a handle on them

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Morning all. How goes it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I love when a Monday doesn't feel anything like a Monday. Well I think its Monday anyway :D

Morning all!

First 2 terrorists to arrive are Karl and Theo as they pull up in their car and come through the revolving door

Theo : So Kareem rebounds, right? Feeds Worthy on the break, over to A.C., to Magic, then back to Worthy! Right?

And Karl shoots and kills the desk security guard with a perfectly timed aim

Theo : BOOM! Two points

The security guard has died. He was...... nobody

The lynch thread is open here :: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058144312

Please read the vote instructions carefully and happy voting.

IT IS DAY!

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29v6ci4gdbciemibq3gcyr8m7p370n2ve5u95oqyj2&rid=giphy.gif

Morning Kathleen

*** mod post ***

KathleenGrant currently does not have permission to post on the forum as yet. She can see it and she can thank posts. We're trying to get posting access sorted for her at the moment. When she starts posting, then you'll know when she has access :)

*** mod post ***

*** mod post ***

Character claiming Vs role claiming.

Anyone can claim any ROLE they want and not fall victim to the anti-claim mechanism. The anti-claim mechanism is purely for character claims. It's likely to say there is only one John McClane in the game, but if every villager listed out their character names, it gives the wolves nowhere to hide unless they call out the same character names and the game just becomes a case of which character we believe is the real character. Which is kinda ****.

if at the end of day1, we have 15 people claim seer.... that's fine. There could be more than 1 seer :cool:

i want people to quote the **** out of the movie. I want people to say "yippy-ki-yay" and "now I know what a TV dinner feels like" or posting gifs of Hans falling off the building. Those are not character claims in and of themselves. its the context of posting those things that could have you in bother

*** mod post ***

Rikand wrote: »
    *** mod post ***

i want people to quote the **** out of the movie. I want people to say "yippy-ki-yay" and "now I know what a TV dinner feels like" or posting gifs of Hans falling off the building. Those are not character claims in and of themselves. its the context of posting those things that could have you in bother

*** mod post ***

You’re the boss so ok then

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d4sv65ol4ofma5vum04bcpgyw7cqnlccs1qf5d2z&rid=giphy.gif

The tied voting is decided by odd and even posts. Something to do with the URL being odd or even. I haven’t be read up yet on whose odd and even posts it’s decided by.

The tied voting is decided by odd and even posts. Something to do with the URL being odd or even. I haven’t be read up yet on whose odd and even posts it’s decided by.

Probably based off the url from the lynching thread then.

Gimme a few mins to shake the cobwebs and I'll be ready to roll.

Silent Hill says resolved by game mod -
    In the event of a tied vote: the lynch will be resolved by the game mod

Probably best not to stress about it too much anyways

No stress, just giving myself something to do in an extremely quiet thread.

• Advertisement

No stress, just giving myself something to do in an extremely quiet thread.

Yeah I'd say half haven't posted yet. And anything already posted is pretty much 'hello thread' etc

Advertisement