Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning 725 Game Shotgun

Options
  • 27-12-2020 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all, I am looking to buy a new over and under and was hoping some of you use a Browning B725 game shotgun and can give me some positive or negative feedback based on your experience.
    If you use other Browning models for game shooting I would appreciate any recommendations.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ace86

mcbain087 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am looking to buy a new over and under and was hoping some of you use a Browning B725 game shotgun and can give me some positive or negative feedback based on your experience.
    If you use other Browning models for game shooting I would appreciate any recommendations.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi I have a browning cynergy myself I mostly use for rough shooting if that’s what your doing a good gun never have any hassle and I will have it 8 yrs this yr,balance mighten be the greatest as it’s a composite gun. I don’t use the original invector plus chokes which came with the gun as the fellow that had one before me damaged his one day out and cost €80 to replace.
    My friend has a 725 sporter gun very nice lovely wood depending on the grade you want. I had one in a trap gun sold as it wasn’t for me as it had a high rib and I’m a one eyed shooter.725 is a very good gun there’s plenty of reviews online and YouTube but if browning is what ur after this is the model I recommend for you but you could be talking 2k for a game gun and sporter would be dearer again to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mcbain087

Thanks Ace86, just the type of first hand info I need.
    I will be using it mainly for rough & game and the odd clay days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I have a Cynergy Black Ice (composite) as well. Use it mainly for clays and occasionally for pigeon and vermin shooting - I have a 95 year old English gun I use for game. My son in law has a 525 he uses exclusively for clays.

I like the Brownings - as standard they fit me better than Berettas do. Having said you do need to get a gun that fits you. I have the Cynergy set up for myself using the appropriate shims and butt pad to fit me. Mine is a 28" barrel which suits my slightly below average height. My son in laws 525 has 32 inch barrels and a longer stock which works for his 6'2" height and long arms - I couldn't shoot it comfortably.

I have previously had other Brownings: a 325 U/O and a Maxus semi which were faultless with thousands of shells through them.

If, as you say, you are getting a new gun you have the opportunity to spec its configuration to fit you and it's finish to suit the type of shooting you do - no point getting a grade 5 wood if your hacking through ditches rough shooting. Go somewhere that has a good selection of Brownings and see what feels right and comes up to shoulder properly before you order. For example Hilltop has a good selection and Pat is very good at fitting a gun for customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mcbain087

Thanks Rosahane, I already have a Maxus and love Brownings as they tend to mount better and with some minor adjustments tick all the boxes for me.
    I have tried out the 725 and like the way it mounts and shoots and like a lot of others I have used and owned quite a few makes including Beretta which I cannot fault but Browning just feels better for me.
    It will mainly be used for game and some Clay's and will be going for wood but wont be getting grade 5 or really high end wood as I like to enjoy my shooting without worrying about scratching it.
    Appreciate all the info and you have given me food for thought.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

I have a Browning b525, bought new in 2005. Very good, strong action. The timber seems strong, as I’ve only a few light(ish) scratches on it. I’ve put probably at least 7000 rounds through it. I use it for rough shooting, duck flighting, pigeon shooting and clays. Like anything you mind it, keep it cleaned out.
    They are a very sound, strong gun as far as I can see. I’ve shot mine hard for 15 years, and I’d expect it to go at least the same again.
    The only thing ever needed for mine was a pin(this is common on Brownings as they wear), I changed one about three years ago it cost €50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement