Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery 3x10 - 'Terra Firma: Part 2 ' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,207 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Spock,
    Pike,
    Your man who was rapped by the Klingon yoke,
    Yer man the AI lad
    Saru

Wouldn't agree with any of those tbh (though not sure who "AI lad" is).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,820 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Spock,
    Pike,
    Yer man the AI lad
    Saru

Pike done absolutely nothing to make me think he was any more weak than any other man in Trek.

Spock I assume you mean his nervous breakdown due to some time travel magic.

Klingon guy was a sleeper agent with 2 sets of memories and all he is guilty of is being a crap character.

AI guy was head of section 31 and almost destroyed the universe

Saru is scared all the time early on but is explained as his species being the cows of his planet but is also possibly the best character in the show

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I will wait for and look forward to the next season but let's now close The Book of Burnham and open The Kelpian Creed...... or something :)

You're jumping the gun a bit. There are 3 more episodes in this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

CastorTroy wrote: »

I wouldn’t hold my breath for a fourth just yet. The smaller studios are struggling against the big four.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for a fourth just yet. The smaller studios are struggling against the big four.

Season 4 has already got the green light

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

breezy1985 wrote: »

Season 4 started filming a few weeks ago. Which is disconcerting as it's almost certainly too late for them to even try to take onboard the issues from season 3, assuming they'd listen in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ah, I thought that was the last episode of this season. OK. 1 episode of Saru and the Kelpian ship. Happy about seeing more of his people "(Either Time stasis/Descendants/whatever/wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey/whatever). Next episode Burnham and Burnham alone twigs that not all is right with them and that they are infact Eeeeeevillll (Because they are not Burnham).

Which leaves one last cliff-hanger episode. Part 1 of a 2 parter of Burnham and Burnham alone (again) solving The Burn, bringing down the crime syndicate and restoring The Federation

Yes but studios like paramount and mgm etc are under reall pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yes but studios like paramount and mgm etc are under reall pressure.
    Yes, but Netflix pay a hefty price for the international distribution. Apparently they paid the entire first season budget.

[LINK]

So the biggest risk would be if Netflix decide to drop it rather than the studio themselves.

Yes, but Netflix pay a hefty price for the international distribution. Apparently they paid the entire first season budget.

[LINK]

So the biggest risk would be if Netflix decide to drop it rather than the studio themselves.

Discovery is also one of the flagship shows on CBS own online platform - it was literally their launch vehicle - so its in a safer position than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Have you not got bored of trolling this forum yet? You try your best but to be fair speak a lot of ill informed rubbish on a regular basis. I get you hate trek in this form, big deal, move on :rolleyes:

Not only was season 4 confirmed months ago it as per above has already started filming at least a month gone.

BrookieD wrote: »
    Have you not got bored of trolling this forum yet? You try your best but to be fair speak a lot of ill informed rubbish on a regular basis. I get you hate trek in this form, big deal, move on :rolleyes:

Not only was season 4 confirmed months ago it as per above has already started filming at least a month gone.

And Discovery was popular enough to convince CBS to do Picard and Lower Decks while also green lighting 2 Discovery spin offs

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Spock,
    Pike,
    Yer man the AI lad
    Saru

Pike seen his horrific future and still carried on knowing his fate.

somuj wrote: »
    Pike seen his horrific future and still carried on knowing his fate.

Pike was widely regarded as a fantastic character even by people like me who for the most part don't like Discovery so I would just ignore this a a poster with issues surrounding his own masculinity

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Discovery is also one of the flagship shows on CBS own online platform - it was literally their launch vehicle - so its in a safer position than most.

I heard that there going to drop it from their own platform and just sell it to Netflix.

Pike was widely regarded as a fantastic character even by people like me who for the most part don't like Discovery so I would just ignore this a a poster with issues surrounding his own masculinity

He was constantly undermined by Burnham as was Spock and now Saru, would Sisko or any of them, Jane way archer be written that way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭corkie

I heard that there going to drop it from their own platform and just sell it to Netflix.

Don't believe everything you read online. That was clearly in RUMOR mode.

Exclusive: Star Trek’s Discovery And Picard Coming To Netflix

Rumor: Star Trek: Discovery & Picard may move to Netflix

And above is for the US market, with them already on Netflix/Amazon in the EU.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

He was constantly undermined by Burnham as was Spock and now Saru, would Sisko or any of them, Jane way archer be written that way

My wife seconds guesses all my choices, stupid and sensible. Doesn't mean my trousers don't fit well.

My wife seconds guesses all my choices, stupid and sensible. Doesn't mean my trousers don't fit well.

And it's really fun too I might add. Comparisons are hillarious..

Am a size 32 by 32 and fit perfect.

Would be surprised if that happens to be honest, but either way - and for better or worse - season 4 is pretty much nailed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pretty sure she started the war in season 1 by undermining her female captain and later undermined her female admiral.
    She's Michael, she disobeys everyone, male or female. She's equal opportunity.

Pretty sure she started the war in season 1 by undermining her female captain and later undermined her female admiral.
    She's Michael, she disobeys everyone, male or female. She's equal opportunity.

The enemy was there to start a war. Did not matter who showed up, the light of kkkleshhhh was being lit.

I would love if the most vocal people on this forum and others actually watched and absorbed detail.

The enemy was there to start a war. Did not matter who showed up, the light of kkkleshhhh was being lit.

I would love if the most vocal people on this forum and others actually watched and absorbed detail.

The show is written by idiot millennials the detail makes no sense it’s just random bullsh1t. Tilly used the phrase “ die lithium nursery” in the part one of this latest bought of diarrhoea storyline, that is just garbage. Or the space sonar episode, what happened to the thousands of shuttles at the end of series two. Details... they can’t do details.

The show is written by idiot millennials the detail makes no sense it’s just random bullsh1t. Tilly used the phrase “ die lithium nursery” in the part one of this latest bought of diarrhoea storyline, that is just garbage. Or the space sonar episode, what happened to the thousands of shuttles at the end of series two. Details... they can’t do details.

Can't be more BS than posts from people who whinge about "millennials"

Can't be more BS than posts from people who whinge about "millennials"

I’m a millennial and those screen writers are meant to be professional but they can hardly string four words together not to mind a coherent plot line.

Crystals grow by the way.

I’m a millennial and those screen writers are meant to be professional but they can hardly string four words together not to mind a coherent plot line.

I agree they are crap writers but throwing in stupid comments about them being " millennials" is just a sad attempt to tie the bad writing into the usual it's crap cause everyone is gay and black argument.

It makes anything you say sound stupid

I agree they are crap writers but throwing in stupid comments about them being " millennials" is just a sad attempt to tie the bad writing into the usual it's crap cause everyone is gay and black argument.

It makes anything you say sound stupid

The “cliche gay” is what I have an issue with from that angle I’d welcome if they had colber or stamets beat the sh1t out a pack of aliens but they are written as if gay people are not capable of that.

The “cliche gay” is what I have an issue with from that angle I’d welcome if they had colber or stamets beat the sh1t out a pack of aliens but they are written as if gay people are not capable of that.

Are those straws I see you clutching there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The not going round "beating the **** out of aliens" might have more to do with one being a research scientist and the other being a doctor than their sexualities I would wager.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement