Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency services in Westside

Options
  • 22-12-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

The daughter just called me over to her window to show me a l-o-n-g line of fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, and police motorcycles. Anyone know what's going on?

Very loud sirens and honking in Westside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

It's just a Christmas charity motorbike convoy with a Santa .
    Passed our house earlier with a few fire brigades etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It's the Mayor of Galway leading as a thank you for all the hard work of the emergency services during this Covid outbreak, that are going around the whole City

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

Storm 10 wrote: »
    It's the Mayor of Galway leading as a thank you for all the hard work of the emergency services during this Covid outbreak, that are going around the whole City

LOL Instead of joy it had the reverse affect on my daughters. I was just checking the news to see if a tsunami was coming. :P

Too bad I didn't know they were doing this, would have taken them outside to wave.

It was a great show, nice buzz on a damp December night!

We caught it in Salthill, all the kids in the direct provision centre were out and seemed to really enjoy it. Santa was in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Great to see considering how busy all services were on Sunday, hard to not notice the helicopter searching the mouth to the Claddagh after people reported a person entering the water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement