Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical agricultural officer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Manning78

Hi there, got 300 in the panel wondering is there any chance of getting an interview with this or is it too far down?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carlow20

County preferences email issued. Thought there would be a bit more choice but it is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Anyone getting an error when trying to submit?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

Manning78 wrote: »
    Hi there, got 300 in the panel wondering is there any chance of getting an interview with this or is it too far down?

It could come down to what counties you put down as preference. Certain counties like Cork and Kildare will have a good few job opportunities and therefore they may go through they're aptitude panel for people who have Kildare and Cork as one or two then interview them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Manning78

Zlatam wrote: »
    It could come down to what counties you put down as preference. Certain counties like Cork and Kildare will have a good few job opportunities and therefore they may go through they're aptitude panel for people who have Kildare and Cork as one or two then interview them.

Thanks for reply! So would it be worthwhile putting in counties that would be less popular and less demand for rather than the corks or Kildares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

Manning78 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply! So would it be worthwhile putting in counties that would be less popular and less demand for rather than the corks or Kildares?

With the likes of those counties there would be a fair share of jobs available from meat plants, to DVO or Backweston so if I was dead set on getting a job with the department I d include a county like those that have lots of work for TAOs and presently have vacancies in my 2. Other couties like Carlow or Laois may only have 1 or 2 jobs available in each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Carlow20 wrote: »
    County preferences email issued. Thought there would be a bit more choice but it is what it is

The choice is extended though on the location form? So are there jobs available in counties NOT mentioned in the public jobs correspondence?

Bit confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭StevenToast

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    The choice is extended though on the location form? So are there jobs available in counties NOT mentioned in the public jobs correspondence?

Bit confusing

There are current vacancies in the ones they listed... but id imagine you can still put your hat in the ring for other counties in case something came up

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 15 holly7up

Has anyone heard anything since the location selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

holly7up wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything since the location selection?

Not a thing... i'm in the top 5 oom so surely I can't be that unlucky for county selection :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mac1993 wrote: »
    Not a thing... i'm in the top 5 oom so surely I can't be that unlucky for county selection :rolleyes:

Thats great going....maybe fire them an email for an update...

Just received an invitation to interview for next week. I had selected Mayo and Roscommon for my counties, it doesn't state which county it is for.

Just received an invitation to interview for next week. I had selected Mayo and Roscommon for my counties, it doesn't state which county it is for.

Thanks for that information, does it give you a new order of merit for those counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Is it in person or over zoom?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

Would anyone have any idea how many people PAS will interview within the next couple of months? How many people did they recruit last campaign?

nicchick88 wrote: »
    Would anyone have any idea how many people PAS will interview within the next couple of months? How many people did they recruit last campaign?

Is it PAS doing the interviews or the Department?

Is it PAS doing the interviews or the Department?

From previous posts on this thread, it sounded like there was a departmental staff on the interview panel. But I'm only assuming that PAS are doing the interviews.

Has anyone else received news about an interview?

Haven't heard anything, probably will be after Christmas now?

timple23 wrote: »
    Is it in person or over zoom?

Ya so over zoom on Monday. They weren't open to changing the time so I expected PAS are block up with interviews over zoom.

• Advertisement

Ya so over zoom on Monday. They weren't open to changing the time so I expected PAS are block up with interviews over zoom.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on!

Had a crap interview this morning but they are lovely and nice to deal. But I defo failed the interview sounded like a knobh**d throughout. Please of luck to everyone else you'll have defo moved up one place on the OOM.

Had a crap interview this morning but they are lovely and nice to deal. But I defo failed the interview sounded like a knobh**d throughout. Please of luck to everyone else you'll have defo moved up one place on the OOM.

Im sure it wasnt as bad as you think....do you mind telling us what kind of things they asked you?
    Is it competency based?current topics?

Thanks and best of luck

Im sure it wasnt as bad as you think....do you mind telling us what kind of things they asked you?
    Is it competency based?current topics?

Thanks and best of luck

They'll send you out the usual competencies that will be on interview when you're called - Teamwork, delivery of results, personal development etc.

Has anyone got an update regarding interviews for this? Seems like the process is moving very slowly

holly7up wrote: »
    Has anyone got an update regarding interviews for this? Seems like the process is moving very slowly

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago, they replied saying that they will be interviewing from December right through till the end of January. Not sure how many they will actually interview, but hopefully will get to my OOM in the mid 100s

I got notification of an interview for the new year. I am between 40-50......

Anyone else?...what number are you?

I got notification of an interview for the new year. I am between 40-50......

Anyone else?...what number are you?

Yes, I did! I'm 151

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fullback333

I was ranked 106 and have an interview too, must be expected a lot of people at the top of the list to get the Assistant Agricultural Inspector jobs

• Advertisement

I was ranked 106 and have an interview too, must be expected a lot of people at the top of the list to get the Assistant Agricultural Inspector jobs

What Assistant Agricultural Inspector Jobs?

Advertisement