Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Mav11 wrote: »
    I ordered it last Friday. Delivered on Saturday. All good, no complaints!

Great to hear. Give them some love on the feedback because it’s a cracker of a deal - credit to Deise1969
    What sort of warranty came with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Deise1969 wrote: »
    Right phone but different store, it's in shop911073027 store. Look for the ones priced at €133.59 and select the 128gb version for €157.99.

Reviews are stating its a scam.
    Pity. I would have bought it.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001861070210.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.7c9a49497Ff71H&algo_pvid=8c357a47-7686-4d2d-bc82-e7c66713c24d&algo_expid=8c357a47-7686-4d2d-bc82-e7c66713c24d-0&btsid=0bb0623e16082232486701238efd94&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

My Amazon order turned up today, pretty fast delivery in fairness. Fantastic upgrade on my old Redmi super phone for the price.

trixiebust wrote: »
    My Amazon order turned up today, pretty fast delivery in fairness. Fantastic upgrade on my old Redmi super phone for the price.

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

For anyone on Vodafone PAYG plans, are there any issues with tethering and editing APNs?

There were problems in the past with Xiaomi phones and APNs, just wondering if this is still the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

Daibheid wrote: »
    Great to hear. Give them some love on the feedback because it’s a cracker of a deal - credit to Deise1969
    What sort of warranty came with it?

Seriously don't know, didn't even look. I presume covered by European warranty at worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭supersaint3

Dang, I ordered one of these the day it was put up in the thread... is it that nothing is going to come at all, or that it will come from China on the slow boat? Should I be worried about my card details?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ten Pin wrote: »
    For anyone on Vodafone PAYG plans, are there any issues with tethering and editing APNs?

There were problems in the past with Xiaomi phones and APNs, just wondering if this is still the case.

There is an ADB command fix on here somewhere that still works. Search "tether_dun_required"

There is an ADB command fix on here somewhere that still works. Search "tether_dun_required"

Does it work on MIUI equivalent versions since Android 8.1 when Google made it more difficult to run that command successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

When did you order?

Less than a week ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Does it work on MIUI equivalent versions since Android 8.1 when Google made it more difficult to run that command successfully?

I can't remember what I did on my 9S but there is no HS APN on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lads I missed this. Any way of setting an alert incase it comes back at this price again or is it a case of keep checking in on it?
    Cheers.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Lads I missed this. Any way of setting an alert incase it comes back at this price again or is it a case of keep checking in on it?
    Cheers.

It seems to pop back up a few times a day with a couple available, I just kept checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

pissed wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent case for this phone?

ours came with a case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

carbsy wrote: »
    Peeps... this phone is available for €109 if you port to Vodafone atm so cheaper again. See Vodafone.ie.... Enjoy!

I picked one up yesterday in store and it was €99 although they force you to buy €20 credit

Do Vodafone PAYG phones always come unlocked? I bought a Pixel 3a earlier in the year that was so I'm hopeful but it's an Xmas present so can't check myself

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

There's a new MI Store UK event starting within an hour. Not sure though how AddressPal might work on this one... or what's left of it

https://event.mi.com/uk/sales2020/christmas

Redmi 9 64GB at about £99, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

I bought this in a Vodafone store over the weekend. 128GB for €110 with EIR sim. Had to buy a €20 top up with it but I'm with Vodafone anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

chonix wrote: »
    There's a new MI Store UK event starting within an hour. Not sure though how AddressPal might work on this one... or what's left of it

https://event.mi.com/uk/sales2020/christmas

Redmi 9 64GB at about £99, etc....

It looks for a UK billing address. Not sure how you get past that without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

It's back at £129 on Amazon now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bought!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

...plus the import tax by the time it arrives....

Dec4 wrote: »

Got mine in under a week from Amazon as did someone else. Should be here before the end of the year despite Christmas.

Got mine in under a week from Amazon as did someone else. Should be here before the end of the year despite Christmas.
    Not in stock until Christmas Eve and arrives 7th Jan according to Amazon

According to....
    https://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-customs-duty-on-uk-online-purchases.html

...phones are exempt from customs and Amazon collect VAT at checkout.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, Vodafone are selling them at 109e + 20e top up.

According to....
    https://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-customs-duty-on-uk-online-purchases.html

...phones are exempt from customs and Amazon collect VAT at checkout.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, Vodafone are selling them at 109e + 20e top up.
    Interesting list, 14% on TVs but 0 % on computer monitors.... that'll be fun....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Dec4 wrote: »
    Not in stock until Christmas Eve and arrives 7th Jan according to Amazon

Mine showing stock and delivered by 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

I ordered one in the evening on Thursday 17th and it arrived yesterday(got text on Friday from an post that it was in the Dublin mail centre). Looks great value so far anyway, the Mi apps aren't as intrusive as I was expecting. Battery and camera are fairly impressive. I went with the Spigen case that was on the frequently bought together list, and it does come with its own more flexible case. Coming from a 4 year old Nokia 6, it's a big upgrade..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Can somebody please confirm if the Vodafone model is unlocked or not ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭hello2020

Can somebody please confirm if the Vodafone model is unlocked or not ?

Thanks.

mine is unlocked and it can take two SIM cards. i switched from iPhone 6s and found it very impressive for the price.
    using this phone I feel staying with big brands like iPhone is a waste of money as they don't offer anything different and at the end we are up using same apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Just ordered one. £129 for the midnight grey version. Came to €146. Says due for delivery by the 28th, which is grand.

I’ve been Apple for years, but I’ve only got a 6s and I need a new phone soon and can’t justify paying nearly €1,000 for the latest iPhone or around €500 for an iPhone that came out 3 or 4 years ago.

The spec on this phone seems to be on par with the iPhone 12, so at under €150 I find it worth taking the chance on it. I was going to cancel this order and go for the Pro at £189, coming in at around €210, as I prefer the black colour but I said I’d chance this one as the price being under €150 is ridiculous value for the spec on the phone.

Any iPhone users on here make the switch and not look back?

Advertisement