Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One4all Gift Card rejected -anyone having issues?

Options
  • 14-12-2020 11:10am

Hi all
    Got a digital gift card from One4all- have downloaded the app and everything and registered with One4all.
    However card got rejected from an online purchase this morning and also it won’t add to my apple pay

Customer service telephone line for One4all is madness- waited 1/2 hour and was then knocked off
    If I knew this was a known issue right now I’ll bide my time till they fix it but haven’t seen any emails notifying me of any issues so might be just the specific card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Are you sure the retailer is signed up for online O4A?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

sugarman wrote: »
    You can't add it to Apple or Google pay as far as I understand.

You can, and you can use it as a contactless payment in most places (tesco was one of the last hold outs, but their new POS handles it perfectly).

I've a feeling the OP hasn't received their PIN yet, they will have to contact One4All and talk to an agent (it can take an hour to get through), and get them to raise a ticket for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I activated mine a Saturday and used it no problem on Saturday night in Tesco.

It's a bit of a pain that you have to activate it, but it is a seem-less process.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I saw somewhere that you can't use them for online purchases over 50 euro. Could that be the issue?

Thanks guys.
    You CAN add a One4all digital voucher to Apple Pay. However there can be issues I believe.

However you’re correct about some retailers not accepting online One4all vouchers- i forgot about that aspect-I was actually trying a registered retailer that didn’t allow online payments.

But Apple Pay transfer is still an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

I am experiencing a similar issue - I received a gift of a digital card last week and was only able to add it to my Apple Pay wallet this week - I kept getting an error that it couldn't contact the card issuer. Once it was successfully added, I have tried to make 2 purchases both have failed, stating an error in processing the payment.

I'm sure they will just blame the "increase in demand" for this issue

I got a chip and pin card with 500. My parents got one with the same value on the swipe cards. I thought that they couldn't put this much money on them anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Gift cards that do not have a registration with user details are restricted to €50 max purchase online.

This is an EU anti laundering regulation and applies to all anonymous gift cards.

You can use them in store as normal.

One trick is to buy a gift voucher for €50 from the store and then use that and a regular card to make a purchase (if the store has a gift voucher system)

Darc19 wrote: »
    Gift cards that do not have a registration with user details are restricted to €50 max purchase online.

This is an EU anti laundering regulation and applies to all anonymous gift cards.

You can use them in store as normal.

One trick is to buy a gift voucher for €50 from the store and then use that and a regular card to make a purchase (if the store has a gift voucher system)

Well I checked the balance on the card my folks got. It's €500. There's no activation needed, it's not chip and pin. So I don't know how they got it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The balance can be higher than 50, the transaction limit being 50 does not prevent the card having more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

djdunny wrote: »
    I am experiencing a similar issue - I received a gift of a digital card last week and was only able to add it to my Apple Pay wallet this week - I kept getting an error that it couldn't contact the card issuer. Once it was successfully added, I have tried to make 2 purchases both have failed, stating an error in processing the payment.

I'm sure they will just blame the "increase in demand" for this issue

I had the same issues adding a card to Apple Pay! Haven't tried to use it yet ... you're not filling me with confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

C3PO wrote: »
    I had the same issues adding a card to Apple Pay! Haven't tried to use it yet ... you're not filling me with confidence!
    For what it's worth, I've loaded it and used it, but I did get 2 cards, the first one I registered right away, the 2nd one, I just got a message about customer due diligence, and nothing since. I got a PIN sent to me for the first card, so that's why it's working

Well I checked the balance on the card my folks got. It's €500. There's no activation needed, it's not chip and pin. So I don't know how they got it

Makes no difference what value you have, the maximum online purchase you can make in a single transaction is €50.

So to spend a €500 balance online, you will need at least 10 transactions.

Applies to all gift cards in all eu countries except where some laundering conditions are met

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I struggled to add mine to Apple Pay through the One4All app itself, but when I went into Apple Pay via Settings, I was able to add it that way. No PIN needed, although I did have to upload ID and proof of address via a third party app for due diligence.

So because I've done this, and they have my details, can I spend more than €50 in an online transaction? My colleague said she was able to spend €200 on Harvey Norman's website.

I struggled to add mine to Apple Pay through the One4All app itself, but when I went into Apple Pay via Settings, I was able to add it that way. No PIN needed, although I did have to upload ID and proof of address via a third party app for due diligence.

So because I've done this, and they have my details, can I spend more than €50 in an online transaction? My colleague said she was able to spend €200 on Harvey Norman's website.

If you have the Chip and Pin card (gold card), you can spend anything you want on line. I just, funnily enough spent €200 on Harvey Norman, although I've told no one, so I'm not your friend.

You can see the limits and differences between anonymous cards, and cards you have to activate here on their website. https://www.one4all.ie/activate

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

If you have the Chip and Pin card (gold card), you can spend anything you want on line. I just, funnily enough spent €200 on Harvey Norman, although I've told no one, so I'm not your friend.

You can see the limits and differences between anonymous cards, and cards you have to activate here on their website. https://www.one4all.ie/activate

Strange, we all got the Digital cards so the spending limit should be €50! I wonder is it possible that some retailers don't have this "block" set up through whatever online payment system they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Has anyone had any issues with the ID-Pal app?

My Father got a one4all gold card with €500 on it so he had to register it and download the ID-Pal app, he successfully scanned in his driving license.

It then looks for a selfie but it never actually captures the image and there is no button to press. We have tried it a million times. The app has the correct permissions etc.

Galadriel wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with the ID-Pal app?

My Father got a one4all gold card with €500 on it so he had to register it and download the ID-Pal app, he successfully scanned in his driving license.

It then looks for a selfie but it never actually captures the image and there is no button to press. We have tried it a million times. The app has the correct permissions etc.

I just had to submit my passport, I wasn't asked for any selfie. It seemed to be pretty seamless for me. Unfortunately it wasn't for everyone.

I just had to submit my passport, I wasn't asked for any selfie. It seemed to be pretty seamless for me. Unfortunately it wasn't for everyone.

Cheers, I'll tell him to do it again and try the passport this time although I do think it says you need ID and a picture. It's crazy, such a rigmarole and then it still doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Makes no difference what value you have, the maximum online purchase you can make in a single transaction is €50.

Applies to all gift cards in all eu countries except where some laundering conditions are met

I thought there wasn't an online limit for the chip and pin cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I did read that about one for all. Recently got a similar card called “perx” that was able to do a transaction for a few hundred. Is a MasterCard type job though

Antares35 wrote: »
    I thought there wasn't an online limit for the chip and pin cards.

Do any of these gift cards have chip and pin?

I thought all were swipe cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Do any of these gift cards have chip and pin?

I thought all were swipe cards.

The ones 150 euro and over I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 40 expatin africa

I got a card for 500e and used it last week. First Time using one4all there was no pin just swiped it. The wife used it on a coat in lifestyles for 130 and also used it Tesco and next found it to be very good. Just I used to have to text a number to get my remaining balance

So a quick check on their website.

Cards under €150 have no chip and pin, are anonymous and the maximum online transaction is €50. No restrictions on physical in store transactions.

Cards that have a chip and pin (cards with over €150 value issued since they introduced chip and pin) have to be activated online where ID will be verified and therefore complying with eu money laundering rules and can be used for any amount online subject to the balance available.

So a quick check on their website.

Cards under €150 have no chip and pin, are anonymous and the maximum online transaction is €50. No restrictions on physical in store transactions.

Cards that have a chip and pin (cards with over €150 value issued since they introduced chip and pin) have to be activated online where ID will be verified and therefore complying with eu money laundering rules and can be used for any amount online subject to the balance available.

Problem is the app you have to download to verify your ID is glitchy as hell and doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I got one of those stupid cards for Christmas for €50, is there anyway I can easily spend it or covert it to Cash. I believe they stopped Amazon around 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Got one from work last week for 200euros. Set up an account on 21 Dec, still waiting on the text or email with the link to set up the ID App as they requested.
    Messaged them on FB and was told they have huge demand and there is a delay in sending the texts etc.
    I tried using the app but it said I needed to be sent a link to the app to use it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I got one for €300, had no need to register anything and it worked perfectly in store for a purchase of €200, didn’t use it online though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I got one for €300, had no need to register anything and it worked perfectly in store for a purchase of €200, didn’t use it online though

You didn't need to register/validate the card in your name or use that ID app?
    I was lead to believe that the gold, chip and pin cards has to be activated etc..

Advertisement