Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Swing Studio - Baldoyle

• 17-12-2020 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭

Someone mentioned The Swing Studio on another thread last night which piqued my curiosity. Contacted them on their facebook page last night. Its not up and running yet but he is planning to have it up and running in the new year. He has two bays set up where you can have lessons, gapping sessions or just an hour hitting balls on GC Quad. He said he was going to offer services like regripping and club repair. This is beginning to sound like an advert, I am in no way connected with the chap but I am excited about it as it is in the same neighbourhood as me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Looks like its going to be a great facility. Would love this in the west of Ireland . If I ever have an hour to spare in Dublin I will be giving it a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Lots of members clubs are investing in similar, we are building a whole new short game area in 2021 and hope to do a indoor driving range in 2022. It’s cheaper option then a trying to buy extra land in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

There was one of those setups in Airside about 10 or more years ago. Used to have 3 bays, then 1. Gone a while now.
    Was another one over by Shelbourne Park too I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Happy days, I live in the area and will definitely be making use of this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

There was one of those setups in Airside about 10 or more years ago. Used to have 3 bays, then 1. Gone a while now.
    Was another one over by Shelbourne Park too I recall.

From what I have been told this is more geared towards people looking to work on their game plus the tech is alot better than 10 years ago. Will be keen to check it out in person once it opens up and will report back on what it is like

• Advertisement
Advertisement