Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

prices of phevs to increase?

Options
  • 17-12-2020 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

I was hoping to get a2nd hand outlander and was in with a dealer yesterday. I was hoping to get a 191 with the new engine for <32 in the near future. However I was told that the grants etc would be gone in March, making the price of a new car go up by 8 grand, which will make the 2nd price go up too.

I've seen that the VRT rebate is ending this month, but I hadn't heard anything about the seai grant going.

I had originally worked out that with the journeys we do fuel costs for the outlander would be slightly less than our 1.6 ICE, but I'd buy a lot of diesel for 4k or whatever the 2nd price will go up by!

With the UK sellers gone for practical purposes is the outlander a feasible purchase for anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

I know nothing about the grants, but the vrt rebate will be gone come January, replaced with this https://www.vrt.ie/faq/budget-2021-vehicle-registration-tax/, depending on the car and its WLTP value, I have tried to work out the vrt for imported phevs registered in January and found its only a couple hundred euro more, not too bad IMO. Motor tax would be a little cheaper.

As for UK imports its a wait and see thing, I believe, or hope, that some sort of VAT and Duty could be reclaimed from the UK and then imported and same paid here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

KAGY wrote: »
    I was hoping to get a2nd hand outlander and was in with a dealer yesterday. I was hoping to get a 191 with the new engine for <32 in the near future. However I was told that the grants etc would be gone in March, making the price of a new car go up by 8 grand, which will make the 2nd price go up too.

I've seen that the VRT rebate is ending this month, but I hadn't heard anything about the seai grant going.

I had originally worked out that with the journeys we do fuel costs for the outlander would be slightly less than our 1.6 ICE, but I'd buy a lot of diesel for 4k or whatever the 2nd price will go up by!

With the UK sellers gone for practical purposes is the outlander a feasible purchase for anyone

The grants are still there but they are changing the criteria to stricter criteria for PHEVs to meet to qualify for the 5000 SEAI grant.

The government 5000 VRT rebate for EVs finishes in 2020 as well. New criteria below from April 1st 2021 on:

WLTP all electric range - minimum (km) PHEV 50 km(WLTP) or more
    WLTP combined CO2 – maximum (g/km) 50 g/km (WLTP) or less

I would think the outlander doesnt meet the criteria any more and its easier for the dealer to say they are withdrawing it rather than admit their far fails to meet them. No new outlander either as mitsubishi are leaving ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

I would think the outlander doesnt meet the criteria any more and its easier for the dealer to say they are withdrawing it rather than admit their far fails to meet them. No new outlander either as mitsubishi are leaving ireland.

'The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is amongst the first plug-in hybrids to announce its WLTP figures of 139 MPG (159.5 NEDC), an EV range of 28 miles (33 NEDC) and CO2 emissions of just 46g/km (40.3g/km NEDC) meaning it remains classified as a category 2 Ultra Low Emission Vehicle,' the company said in a release.

So he was probably pushing me towards a quick sale of a new one. At this stage I'll probably hold on, a few phev suv were released this year, and if I hold on a year I'll have approx another 5k to add to the pot

Advertisement